Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Watch Dogs XBG models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Watch Dogs XBG models

Post by Tosyk »

volfin wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:34 pm Mesh only. importer doesn't support skeletons.
I'm porting addon to 2.8 blender and I'm nearly done.
also I noticed section called Skeleton and you mentioned in the one of the the latest posts the "bone dictionary" so I thought skeleton is also supported

also I'm getting this error when I'm trying to load model from .\Watch_Dogs2\data_win64\worlds\san_francisco\_ex\graphics\characters\wd2\persons_of_interest\pers01\pers01.xbg

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons\io_scene_WD2\__init__.py", line 82, in execute
    result=import_WD2.import_WD2(self.filepath, bpy.context,self.randomize_colors,self.import_vertcolors,self.skip_blank,self.use_layers,self.mesh_scale)
  File "C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons\io_scene_WD2\import_WD2.py", line 956, in import_WD2
    xbtParser(xbtPath)
  File "C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons\io_scene_WD2\import_WD2.py", line 544, in xbtParser
    filehandle=open(filename,'rb')	
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'F:\\Games\\SteamLibrary\\steamapps\\common\\Watch_Dogs2\\data_win64\\worlds\\san_francisco\\_ex\\'

Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

yeah there was some code about skeletons but it's unused. I copy over a lot of code at the start of every project in case I need it. that was part of that boilerplate code.

As for your error, you need to move the files to a directory in the root, the filepath is much too long for it to handle, Python can only work with file paths 255 characters long or shorter.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

thanks for the reply!
can you add a checker for the long path to bypass it when it throws error and still load the model?

edit:
I moved my game into F:\WD2 but still gets the error:

File "C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons\io_scene_WD2\__init__.py", line 82, in execute
    result=import_WD2.import_WD2(self.filepath, bpy.context,self.randomize_colors,self.import_vertcolors,self.skip_blank,self.use_layers,self.mesh_scale)
  File "C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons\io_scene_WD2\import_WD2.py", line 956, in import_WD2
    xbtParser(xbtPath)
  File "C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons\io_scene_WD2\import_WD2.py", line 544, in xbtParser
    filehandle=open(filename,'rb')	
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'F:\\WD2\\'

and for some files I'm getting this:

File "C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons\io_scene_WD2\import_WD2.py", line 953, in import_WD2
    xbtPath=file.split('graphics')[0]+file_str(BI(1)[0])
  File "C:\Users\User1\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.72\scripts\addons\io_scene_WD2\import_WD2.py", line 774, in file_str
    s+=lit.decode("utf-8")
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xaf in position 0: invalid start byte

my blog | my forum
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

no there's no way to recover from that problem. you need to move the extracted files to a folder in the root of the drive with a short name, I usually name a folder 'x' and move extracted stuff there.

UTF errors I know nothing about. maybe a problem with your windows character set.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

volfin wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:33 pm no there's no way to recover from that problem. you need to move the extracted files to a folder in the root of the drive with a short name, I usually name a folder 'x' and move extracted stuff there.
my new path for the game is F:\WD2, do you think path F:\x will resolve the problem?
volfin wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:33 pmUTF errors I know nothing about. maybe a problem with your windows character set.
the issue is in this function:

def file_str(long): 
   s=''
   for j in range(0,long): 
       lit =  unpack('c',filehandle.read(1))[0]
       print("ord of "+str(lit)+" is "+str(ord(lit)))
       if ord(lit)!= 0:
           s+=lit.decode("utf-8")
       else:
           break;
   return s
some models works, some not because of this error. any suggestions? :scaredy:
my blog | my forum
09williamsad
veteran

Post by 09williamsad »

volfin wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:31 pm Here's a new version that should fix problems with bone dictionary processing.
Enjoy :)
Do you have any plans for the importer to support Watch Dogs Legion?
I tried yours and Szkaradek123's import but both seem to be incompatible.

Error "is wrong version (Watchdogs 1?)
Samples
WDL samples.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My archive of models, audio, textures etc: <Link removed due to site policy> Google my username to find it.
0l0l0ft
ultra-n00b

Post by 0l0l0ft »

09williamsad wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:35 pm
volfin wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:31 pm Here's a new version that should fix problems with bone dictionary processing.
Enjoy :)
Do you have any plans for the importer to support Watch Dogs Legion?
I tried yours and Szkaradek123's import but both seem to be incompatible.

Error "is wrong version (Watchdogs 1?)
Samples
WDL samples.7z

Found anything for WDL??
09williamsad
veteran

Post by 09williamsad »

0l0l0ft wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:44 pm Found anything for WDL??

Nope
My archive of models, audio, textures etc: <Link removed due to site policy> Google my username to find it.
harry772
ultra-n00b

Post by harry772 »

Is it possible to rip the model with nija riper ?
GameBreaker20XX
ultra-n00b

Post by GameBreaker20XX »

Can anyone give me a very good tutorial on extraction and concerting of models (vehicle and peds only) from the Watch Dogs series to a good 3d modeling software.