Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
MrUncleBingo
beginner

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Post by MrUncleBingo »

So, more news: I know the reason behind all this stuff being private.

I won't dig on it too much because it looks like they want to keep it as private as possible until the game has been released for some time (I guess a month or so), but, basically, it's for Square Enix. Apparently they got pissed off real bad with the leaked demo models and they banned some people, so after figuring out a way to extract the models from the final game, they don't want to take the risk to do too many renders (or saying how did they extract the models) in case Square finds them and attacks them with Copyright and such.
mrsaturn29
ultra-n00b

Post by mrsaturn29 »

Why tf can't they just give us the PKG key though? It's just a string of characters to gain entry into the full game and has nothing to do with the ruination of their 'golden egg' -- unless I'm looking at this the wrong way.

The firmware exploit takes the game and copies off the content unencrypted, but can't you also gleam the encryption key to gain access to the real package's contents (but not run on CFW)?
MrUncleBingo
beginner

Post by MrUncleBingo »

mrsaturn29 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:40 pm Why tf can't they just give us the PKG key though? It's just a string of characters to gain entry into the full game and has nothing to do with the ruination of their 'golden egg' -- unless I'm looking at this the wrong way.

The firmware exploit takes the game and copies off the content unencrypted, but can't you also gleam the encryption key to gain access to the real package's contents (but not run on CFW)?
I don't know man, probably they don't want to lose their stuff, but apparently there's another reason. One of them told me that people like ProGamer will make profit from it or use it for degenerate stuff (Apparently ProGamer uses to port children models or something like that). Which is not the first time I heard something like that about him, but I didn't expect him to be one of the reasons behind them being secret about it too, so...

What the hell, @ProGamer.
ProGamer
veteran

Post by ProGamer »

Everyone extracts child models, I'm not the first And that's not it, they don't want to share files

I have no right to do what I want? I never share child models

People on DeviantArt have child models why it always falls on me

It's not my fault that the files are not shared

Who told you that, it's not my damn fault if you didn't have the files

MrUncleBingo

What the hell, @ProGamer.

I don't understand why you mark this everyone has the right to extract what they want It would be nice to attack other people who extract child models Instead of taking it out on me and saying that this is my fault :x
askB
advanced

Post by askB »

Sounds to me like the person who extracted the files is a fucking dick bag and is only in it for profit. Also, what the hell does child models have to deal with this? It sounds like you guys are just going at each other because you cant find a solution to get the models yourselves.
ProGamer
veteran

Post by ProGamer »

All day long I kept checking to find the files for you
And yes, what does this have to do with child models
Last edited by ProGamer on Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrsaturn29
ultra-n00b

Post by mrsaturn29 »

Yeah, I really doubt that's the reason. These people are disgusting tbh - they want to feel special and be lavished with attention for being 'so smart and amazing' for making these shoddy renders, meanwhile they just happen to know the right people.

You guys should stay alert, but try to not let it bother you too much - surely someone else will figure it out eventually, or someone in their secret society will squeal.
ProGamer
veteran

Post by ProGamer »

It was always like that when someone had the files, they never shared them Watch Detroit People already had the files and they didn't want to share them
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

I love these threads. Basically the same discussion with every new ps4 release. Someone release the kernel exploit and save us already :D
MrUncleBingo wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:24 pm they want to keep it as private as possible until the game has been released for some time (I guess a month or so), but, basically, it's for Square Enix.
Sorry man, but they are just bullshitting you. They don't give a fuck about SE, and they haven't "figured out" anything. The tools/scripts for that game are available since the demo came out. They just know someone with the private exploit who can get the game files.
MrUncleBingo
beginner

Post by MrUncleBingo »

askB wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:17 pm Sounds to me like the person who extracted the files is a fucking dick bag and is only in it for profit. Also, what the hell does child models have to deal with this? It sounds like you guys are just going at each other because you cant find a solution to get the models yourselves.
Which is why I created this thread, to know if there's a way to get the models ourselfs (Instead of asking everywhere if X people can share with us X models).
ProGamer
veteran

Post by ProGamer »

In any case, I do not know how long we will wait to have the files And I think that it is a private exploit That does not prevent them from extracting all the models and putting them on DeviantArt I think that there will have a lot of models on DeviantArt that will not be available for download Let’s take the example
Yare-Yare-Dong

he extracted a our model

Do you think they are afraid of Square Enix It even has renderings on Twitter These people think they are smarter and superior to others It's just to make people jealous
ProGamer
veteran

Post by ProGamer »

If you don't ask people do you think the files will fall from the sky
It's a waste of time, nobody is going to share the game files They will keep them for And extract the models
MrUncleBingo
beginner

Post by MrUncleBingo »

mrsaturn29 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:21 pm Yeah, I really doubt that's the reason. These people are disgusting tbh - they want to feel special and be lavished with attention for being 'so smart and amazing' for making these shoddy renders, meanwhile they just happen to know the right people.

You guys should stay alert, but try to not let it bother you too much - surely someone else will figure it out eventually, or someone in their secret society will squeal.
The fact is that eventually there will be a way to extract the models. It could be tomorrow, the next week or the next month, but eventually it will happen, like always does. I'm not bothered tho, I'm just trying to stay as neutral as possible (It doesn't help me at all to throw myself into A or B, I'm just guiding myself for what I'm knowing for now).
MrUncleBingo
beginner

Post by MrUncleBingo »

ProGamer wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:46 pm If you don't ask people do you think the files will fall from the sky
It's a waste of time, nobody is going to share the game files They will keep them for And extract the models
At this point, they will not share them. I didn't expect them to share the models at least, I just want to know a way to extract them myself (And other too) so I don't have to go asking other people for certain models when they probably will never share them.
ProGamer
veteran

Post by ProGamer »

Sorry this is a game that I like and it drives me crazy that people can extract models and not us