Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
MrUncleBingo
beginner

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Post by MrUncleBingo »

I've been asking on DeviantArt about this, but apparently, the models from the final game can't be extracted until a PC port or a passcode of 32 numbers is found. Any idea on what does that mean?
mrsaturn29
ultra-n00b

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Post by mrsaturn29 »

That's correct, but this person named Yare-Yare-Dong on deviantart has apparently managed to decrypt the full game already and is making renders with character models that weren't in the demo data such as Aerith, Tifa, Roche, etc.

Unfortunately they don't seem to be interested in sharing their methods -- aside from apparently lending some models out to their friends (e.g. that Tifa Butterfinger render that blew up on Twitter, the same dA person seems to be friends with them).
MrUncleBingo
beginner

Post by MrUncleBingo »

mrsaturn29 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:16 pm That's correct, but this person named Yare-Yare-Dong on deviantart has apparently managed to decrypt the full game already and is making renders with character models that weren't in the demo data such as Aerith, Tifa, Roche, etc.

Unfortunately they don't seem to be interested in sharing their methods -- aside from apparently lending some models out to their friends (e.g. that Tifa Butterfinger render that blew up on Twitter, the same dA person seems to be friends with them).
Jesus, you're right:

Aerith and Tifa files wasn't on the demo, so he or someone else managed to extract the models fully rigged from the Full Game. That means that there must be a method to get them extracted, probably it hasn't been tried yet. Gonna take the risk and see if I discover how did he extract all that stuff, but I don't think I get replied back since you're saying he and his friends don't see interested in share the models or their methods.
mrsaturn29
ultra-n00b

Post by mrsaturn29 »

Yeah, I have no idea how they got into the full game - everyone else kept saying it would take forever to compute the key.
Hopefully someone else will figure it out too and will be less selfish.

I remember with FFXV models it took forever for the method to become public, after the same handful of people in the exclusive 'club' were making renders for a long time. This time though we might fare better, since more people seem interested in getting the models compared to that game.
ProGamer
veteran

Post by ProGamer »

Hi i asked him
if he could share the files I even found his Twitter I already extracted the models from the demo I wanted to extract the models from the game but unfortunately I don't have the files if he would have shared it I would would have given but he will not respond i will try to see with him if you have the files i hope you can share them with me :)
MrUncleBingo
beginner

Post by MrUncleBingo »

mrsaturn29 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:42 pm Yeah, I have no idea how they got into the full game - everyone else kept saying it would take forever to compute the key.
Hopefully someone else will figure it out too and will be less selfish.

I remember with FFXV models it took forever for the method to become public, after the same handful of people in the exclusive 'club' were making renders for a long time. This time though we might fare better, since more people seem interested in getting the models compared to that game.
Yeah, I remember that people had to wait a while for FFXV models, but I didn't expect it happened the same stuff is happening right now. Which it doesn't make sense tho, why don't just explain the methods they used to extract the models so everyone else can? Eventually we will all know, so it's a waste of time to have the "exclusive club of people", like you say. Hopefully this time we have to wait less time, I ported almost every model from the Demo to XPS and I was hoping to get to work with the final game eventually.
MrUncleBingo
beginner

Post by MrUncleBingo »

ProGamer wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:44 pm Hi i asked him
if he could share the files I even found his Twitter I already extracted the models from the demo I wanted to extract the models from the game but unfortunately I don't have the files if he would have shared it I would would have given but he will not respond i will try to see with him if you have the files i hope you can share them with me :)
Oh I realize now, I think I ported your extracted models from the Demo to XPS, that was a nice job indeed. I was gonna ask you too on DA if you heard any news about all this, but I wanted to ask directly here on Xentax just to be more sure about the subject. I don't have the files from the main game either, maybe soon enough we can get them eventually.
ProGamer
veteran

Post by ProGamer »

Thank you very much yes I hope I will not wait too long to get them I looked everywhere No file He replied saying stop spam when I only sent one message We can talk directly on deviantart To see how to do it I will still try to see with his friends When I saw the rendering of the models I told myself that it is impossible I sent him a message directly he did not want to say how to do
MrUncleBingo
beginner

Post by MrUncleBingo »

ProGamer wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:56 pm Thank you very much yes I hope I will not wait too long to get them I looked everywhere No file He replied saying stop spam when I only sent one message We can talk directly on deviantart To see how to do it I will still try to see with his friends When I saw the rendering of the models I told myself that it is impossible I sent him a message directly he did not want to say how to do
I already told Crazy31139 about this stuff, perhaps he can investigate a little more and try to discover how did they do it.
ProGamer
veteran

Post by ProGamer »

I hope we will find it soon I especially hope that it will share the Crazy31139 files if it finds how to do it
mrsaturn29
ultra-n00b

Post by mrsaturn29 »

Another person named Sreliata made a render with models from the full game (Aerith and Zack).

Someone asked them on twitter about how they ripped them and they replied "I got them out myself, there is no ports for them anywhere. That is all I can tell you right now; I hope you understand." :[
ProGamer
veteran

Post by ProGamer »

I will see with him for the game files but I don't know if he's going to want to share them
MrUncleBingo
beginner

Post by MrUncleBingo »

mrsaturn29 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:29 pm Another person named Sreliata made a render with models from the full game (Aerith and Zack).

Someone asked them on twitter about how they ripped them and they replied "I got them out myself, there is no ports for them anywhere. That is all I can tell you right now; I hope you understand." :[
Oh, I know her. Perhaps I can ask her about all this stuff. I will post an Update when she replies me.
ProGamer
veteran

Post by ProGamer »

you can also see with for the game files please as it has not yet responded
mrsaturn29
ultra-n00b

Post by mrsaturn29 »

MrUncleBingo wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:56 pm
mrsaturn29 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:29 pm Another person named Sreliata made a render with models from the full game (Aerith and Zack).

Oh, I know her. Perhaps I can ask her about all this stuff. I will post an Update when she replies me.
That's great to hear! It has to be just a matter of time before someone spills the beans lol.

I'll let you guys know too if I find more information :)