Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Noesis g1m/g1t importer with animations (FETH, Dissidia, DOA6, FEW, HW...)

Post by Joschka »

I fixed NUNS again, pretty confident in my parser now, your model is now working

SCRIPT UPDATED TO VERSION 1.2.0
anime663
veteran

Post by anime663 »

Hiii, I was trying to rip models from Atelier Escha & Logy DX (PC) and came across an error when trying to import with mesh animations;
error.png
Just wondering if perhaps I did something wrong in the process or if there isn't support for this game yet.

Sample just in case;
https://mega.nz/file/Tll2GAzC#85lbCkwNW ... d0bH4GDqhY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

where the SCRIPT UPDATED TO VERSION 1.2.0 link at.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

anime663 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:41 am Hiii, I was trying to rip models from Atelier Escha & Logy DX (PC) and came across an error when trying to import with mesh animations;
Just wondering if perhaps I did something wrong in the process or if there isn't support for this game yet.
i took a look at your sample, the error actually doesn't come from the animation but from the morph target (G1H file), this is what G1H is used for :

Unfortunately the research I was given was partly wrong so it only works on a few models, since no one seemed to care about that stuff I didn't look into it myself.

There are two types of animations for games using g1a : morph anims and skeletal anims. I only support the latter for now. Contrary to recent games who have a face rig, your Escha model uses morph anims for the face (in the samples you sent me you can see all g1a are for the eyes and mouth, which have no rig). This kind of anim is probably some interpolation between several morph shapes.
So yeah these face anims are not supported, but body anims should work(they're probably in another folder). If there's some interest I can try to fix the G1H so you could have the different expressions. Can't really give an ETA if so though since I pretty much moved on to my next project already.
blacknight411 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:20 am where the SCRIPT UPDATED TO VERSION 1.2.0 link at.
The link in my first post always has the most up to date script.
anime663
veteran

Post by anime663 »

Joschka wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:36 pm
anime663 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:41 am Hiii, I was trying to rip models from Atelier Escha & Logy DX (PC) and came across an error when trying to import with mesh animations;
i took a look at your sample, the error actually doesn't come from the animation but from the morph target (G1H file), this is what G1H is used for :

Unfortunately the research I was given was partly wrong so it only works on a few models, since no one seemed to care about that stuff I didn't look into it myself.

There are two types of animations for games using g1a : morph anims and skeletal anims. I only support the latter for now. Contrary to recent games who have a face rig, your Escha model uses morph anims for the face (in the samples you sent me you can see all g1a are for the eyes and mouth, which have no rig). This kind of anim is probably some interpolation between several morph shapes.
So yeah these face anims are not supported, but body anims should work(they're probably in another folder). If there's some interest I can try to fix the G1H so you could have the different expressions. Can't really give an ETA if so though since I pretty much moved on to my next project already.
Yeah I was interested in the morph anims, I hope there will be support someday! Please take your time with it though ^^
Thanks for the response.
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

I went to the first link i do not see the script.
wordhg
advanced

Post by wordhg »

Thank you for providing such a convenient tool

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/nol
Nobunaga Online Windows HD

Can you please support the G1M format of this game

This is an example of the game

https://mega.nz/file/gGARDYgI#eUKezXPpg ... ydsRkicD3o

Thank you
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

wordhg wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:07 am Thank you for providing such a convenient tool

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/nol
Nobunaga Online Windows HD

Can you please support the G1M format of this game

This is an example of the game

https://mega.nz/file/gGARDYgI#eUKezXPpg ... ydsRkicD3o

Thank you
These models seem to work, the problem is that 90 and 91 need an external skeleton, which is not there.
89 works fine as it has its skeleton inside

So you need to find the humanoid skeleton associated with the models. There are usually less than a 100 kB g1m files contrary to the models g1m. I'd recommend to use the "bLoadG1MSOnly" option, if it gives an error then the g1m doesn't have a skeleton. Otherwise it'll load and you will be able to see its shape. Then you'll just have to load the models g1m (those 90 and 91 for example) and choose the associated skeleton, it'll work.
wordhg
advanced

Post by wordhg »

Joschka wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:36 pm So you need to find the humanoid skeleton associated with the models. There are usually less than a 100 kB g1m files contrary to the models g1m. I'd recommend to use the "bLoadG1MSOnly" option, if it gives an error then the g1m doesn't have a skeleton. Otherwise it'll load and you will be able to see its shape. Then you'll just have to load the models g1m (those 90 and 91 for example) and choose the associated skeleton, it'll work.
Thanks for the answer, I know how to use it
thank you very much
Eag1e
beginner

Post by Eag1e »

Hi there, I was able to extract the files for AOT2 with Yretenai's tool, folders with g1t textures seem to be working fine.
Although unpacking the ptrbundles with Cethleann.Unbundler for the model files gave me g1m files, noesis gave an error message when trying to preview them :?
is there any way to fix them/make them work?

Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Eag1e wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:39 pm Hi there, I was able to extract the files for AOT2 with Yretenai's tool, folders with g1t textures seem to be working fine.
Although unpacking the ptrbundles with Cethleann.Unbundler for the model files gave me g1m files, noesis gave an error message when trying to preview them :?

Can't see your image and you didn't attach samples, I can't take a look. If this is the bone.setMatrix Index out of range error that means that you didn't select the skeleton g1m.
Eag1e
beginner

Post by Eag1e »

Joschka wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:14 pm
Eag1e wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:39 pm Hi there, I was able to extract the files for AOT2 with Yretenai's tool, folders with g1t textures seem to be working fine.

Can't see your image and you didn't attach samples, I can't take a look. If this is the bone.setMatrix Index out of range error that means that you didn't select the skeleton g1m.
Ah, here's the files in the folder I tried to load with the plugin https://mega.nz/file/FdNQgYDI#8Lex2u3SJ ... YMbAKk8R0o
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Works fine for me, the skeleton g1m is the first one
Meshes are split in several files, use the model merger with the instructions mentionned on my repo to merge everything. You may or may not want to disable NUNS parsing if you don't want the associated drivers on every mesh.
Eag1e
beginner

Post by Eag1e »

Joschka wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:18 am Works fine for me, the skeleton g1m is the first one
Meshes are split in several files, use the model merger with the instructions mentionned on my repo to merge everything. You may or may not want to disable NUNS parsing if you don't want the associated drivers on every mesh.
Alright, so I followed the steps in the github page, these are my settings (I have MERGE_BONES at option 1 btw)

Then I put the 0001.gmt in a separate folder like the guide told me, right clicked the 0002.gmt selected merge, loaded the g1t file, loaded 0001.gmt, but I get this error, apologies if I'm making dumb mistakes
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Eag1e wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:18 pm
You're doing the right steps but from what I see you have an old version of the script, make sure to grab the latest one on the github repository and it should work as expected.