Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Far Cry 5 models modding tool

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Far Cry 5 models modding tool

Post by daemon1 »

Ganic3000 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:01 pm Вот исходники. В архиве XBG это оригиналы.
В этих XBG файлах нет метаданных в конце. До сих пор во всех, что мне присылали, они были. Поправил, теперь ошибок не возникает.

Тем не менее, думаю, что работать они не будут, или работать будут неправильно, т.к. кости "skeleton" в оригинальном файле НЕТ. Тем не менее, моя программа работает правильно, и если ей дать правильный ассет, она его сконвертирует.
SlaYeR5530
ultra-n00b

Post by SlaYeR5530 »

Does anyone working on .xbg file importer for 3dsmax? Also some kind of GUI for the program would be nice

EDIT: Sorry im a noob in terms of using blender or maya, 3dsmax is my main program, but i think i might be able to figure it out

Okay so i tried changing reflex sight model to a completely different one, everything was going suprisingly smoothly but ingame its gone.
In shop i can see the original one appear for a split second but then it disappear, when aiming ingame i can only see the reticle.

I tried with keeping skeleton unchanged and with removed "skeleton" bone and only difference was lack of any warnings at conversion to .xgb
Adding vertex weights to bones didnt help either
Ganic3000
veteran

Post by Ganic3000 »

SlaYeR5530 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:45 pm Does anyone working on .xbg file importer for 3dsmax? Also some kind of GUI for the program would be nice

EDIT: Sorry im a noob in terms of using blender or maya, 3dsmax is my main program, but i think i might be able to figure it out

Okay so i tried changing reflex sight model to a completely different one, everything was going suprisingly smoothly but ingame its gone.
In shop i can see the original one appear for a split second but then it disappear, when aiming ingame i can only see the reticle.

I tried with keeping skeleton unchanged and with removed "skeleton" bone and only difference was lack of any warnings at conversion to .xgb
Maybe my video will help you with something.
https://youtu.be/aZq1wVGHY0Q
https://youtu.be/IZ8p5rsHK1E
SlaYeR5530
ultra-n00b

Post by SlaYeR5530 »

Ganic3000 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:36 am
SlaYeR5530 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:45 pm Does anyone working on .xbg file importer for 3dsmax? Also some kind of GUI for the program would be nice

Maybe my video will help you with something.
https://youtu.be/aZq1wVGHY0Q
https://youtu.be/IZ8p5rsHK1E
Sadly it doesnt work, tried many things even changing bones default orientation. Leaving skeleton as it is results in warning at conversion and still mesh isnt visible, removing skeleton bone at the top of hierarchy gives no warnings but same overall result. I could post the files im using but i dont want to break forum rules by posting ported content
Ganic3000
veteran

Post by Ganic3000 »

SlaYeR5530 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:10 pm
Sadly it doesnt work, tried many things even changing bones default orientation. Leaving skeleton as it is results in warning at conversion and still mesh isnt visible, removing skeleton bone at the top of hierarchy gives no warnings but same overall result. I could post the files im using but i dont want to break forum rules by posting ported content
Please record your operation of converting the model to video so that your problem becomes clear and there is something to suggest. :)
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

SlaYeR5530 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:45 pm In shop i can see the original one appear for a split second
this means the original file somehow is still in the game, and this is wrong. Probably multiple copies of this model exist in game files?
SlaYeR5530
ultra-n00b

Post by SlaYeR5530 »

I recorded two types of workflow i tried. One is default blender workflow and second is 3dsmax workflow.
There is a thing that bothers me and that is vertex weights, from my knowledge they should be applied to at least one bone otherwise the model wont follow that bone. I tried applying weights to one bone aswell as to all bones in skeleton and nothing worked, i also tried with skipping mirroring whole thing in blender and it still doesnt work

Blender workflow
https://youtu.be/-NLGZYDnnMM
3dsmax workflow
https://youtu.be/KKUdtNF84H4

Thank you all for your help
legendhavoc175
beginner

Post by legendhavoc175 »

@Slayer yes, there are usually _tp models for third-person that is the original model you are seeing in the shop
Edit: AFAIK, far cry 5 models will be invisible if they cannot find their materials, have you considered putting the whole material path in the txt?
example: graphics\_materials\examplematerial.material.bin

and daemon1, have you ever considered making an animation converter for any of the far cry games?
SlaYeR5530
ultra-n00b

Post by SlaYeR5530 »

@Havoc

I know, most FPP games use tp and fp versions of models, its a common thing

Yes i tried, same effect, im a little suprised that dunia engine doesnt seem to have a default material like source engine/UE/CE that applies when it cant find proper one. I even tried replacing both tp and fp models and still no luck.
Weird thing is why that sight dissapear in fc5 shop when its using unchanged tp mesh
Using static mesh cooked in UE gives me a "OutOfMemoryException" error

About animations...If there will be a converter at some point i could try my luck, it will require alot of work the make a proper arms rig with controllers and stuff cause amount of bones in fp arms is quite high.

I give up for now, maybe i'll try again if a more detailed tutorial will shop up
Thanks guys for helping, i appreciate it
Last edited by SlaYeR5530 on Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Its possible that weapon parts must be modified in some special way. Since i dont have files or the game itself, i can't check.
legendhavoc175
beginner

Post by legendhavoc175 »

@daemon1, would you like some files?
padme4000
n00b

Post by padme4000 »

Hi so I was wondering if Faith's outfit could be used for skeleton reference? As currently the tool doesn't seem to like using it as reference for the skeleton. But in order to give her new hair/outfits it would require to use her skeleton otherwise it crashes the game.

https://mega.nz/file/0PoRlbpC#CPerobC4p ... vT6G7lu92U

The file has her dress xbg as well as a top from Joseph and another top. The other two are there as I was wondering if we have to or can manually add the hex data via a hex editor or not to have the xbg hide parts of arms under the outfit or if it should take reference from an existing xbg

Example would be this hex code "A9163B0A087E0000" hides the neck for Joseph when wearing outfits. That is the only one I know thanks to xbaebsae but there are others in the xbg that determine if parts of an arm has to be hidden too I just don't know what they are.
xBaebsae
ultra-n00b

Post by xBaebsae »

Daemon as he said just made this tool based on my request and tests, so for questions please contact me on Discord (using manners) because I don't check this forum very often lately because of lack of time, and he himself doesn't know the entire import process.

The tool getting culldata from input xbg is a bad idea and you can paste it manually. You have me on Discord (or tumblr) already, just drop me a message.
Ganic3000
veteran

Post by Ganic3000 »

daemon1 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:43 pm Its possible that weapon parts must be modified in some special way. Since i dont have files or the game itself, i can't check.
Я кажется понимаю почему оружие или автомобили невидимые в игре, у них структура путей материалов и имена шейдеров совершенно по разному выглядят в новом XBG.
Это оригинал путь:

Code: Select all

graphics\_materials\MLETENDRE-M-2015111359401165.material.bin.....VEH_GEN_Car_01_Interior.LEKS
В новом XBG:

Code: Select all

graphics\_materials\material_15.material.bin.....material_15.LEKS
Материалы все до единого прописываю в .txt
Видео демонстрация итого:
https://youtu.be/nPDSC0j6G-o
legendhavoc175
beginner

Post by legendhavoc175 »

and the missing "Skeleton" bone is called "FRAME" in weapons