Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Noesis g1m/g1t importer with animations (FETH, Dissidia, DOA6, FEW, HW...)

Post by Joschka »

SCRIPT UPDATED

While looking at the DOA face animations I noticed that some animations had bones which only had 1 keyframe so they were ignored by my parser as my interpolation assumed they were at least 2 keyframes. Animations with every bone having only 1 frame are used when you just want to put all bones into a pose directly and nothing else.
Here's an example of such anims on lightning, which previously gave invalid entries in Noesis and were ignored :
To see these I recommend loading them and then going in the Noesis dataviewer then select them. Since they only last 1 frame it's hard to check without using that method.
This fix also fixed some weird bones rotations on some anims (like fingers which previously had weird orientation).

For DOA6 I still don't really know why it deforms so bad. When ignoring position keyframes it looks much better so the problem must come from here I guess. I'll look more into it next week
Last edited by Joschka on Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

Joschka wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:06 pm SCRIPT UPDATED

While looking at the DOA face animations I noticed that some animations had bones which only had 1 keyframe per bone so they were ignored by my parser as my interpolation assumed they were at least 2 keyframes. Animations with every bone having only 1 frame are used when you just want to put all bones into a pose directly and nothing else.
Here's an example of such anims on lightning, which previously gave invalid entries in Noesis and were ignored :
To see these I recommend loading them and then going in the Noesis dataviewer then select them. Since they only last 1 frame it's hard to check without using that method.
This fix also fixed some weird bones rotations on some anims (like fingers which previously had weird orientation).

For DOA6 I still don't really know why it deforms so bad. When ignoring position keyframes it looks much better so the problem must come from here I guess. I'll look more into it next week
The irony that after all this time, I've not figure out were are the animation on NT :lol: .
But, I doubt I will use them, but those are an interesting one, do you think they're used on fights?
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

I try the Noesis g1m/g1t importer with animations (FETH, Dissidia, DOA6, FEW, HW but can,t geting error may you can"t figure it out I wii had this up untell april1.2020 https://sta.sh/025i9b293gl
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Darkhowlings wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:57 pm The irony that after all this time, I've not figure out were are the animation on NT :lol: .
But, I doubt I will use them, but those are an interesting one, do you think they're used on fights?
If you extracted the game using Cethleann the animations should be in the "character" folder. For p_tht100_1p1c for example (Lightning) they're in the "p_tht100" folder. The GAPKs are there, you can drag and drop them on Cethleann.Unbundler and you'll get the g2a files.

Yes, theses anims above are all 1 frame battle animations, respectively "attack", "damage", "dead", "default", "guard". The only "long" face animation is the "summon" one, at least for battles.
blacknight411 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:59 pm I try the Noesis g1m/g1t importer with animations (FETH, Dissidia, DOA6, FEW, HW but can,t geting error may you can"t figure it out I wii had this up untell april1.2020 https://sta.sh/025i9b293gl
Your samples work fine (don't mind my orange filter) :

Just put "bAutoLoadG1MS" to True at the beginning of the script. And select the g1m with the "default" name.
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

DO I have to install it in sign in to visual studio beacuse I can,t open it untell I sign in plus 30 day is out for for that to. can I just give the model of the one I want done in thin link it back to me.
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

can you send me the right tool.
Demonslayerx8
veteran

Post by Demonslayerx8 »

blacknight411 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:16 am can you send me the right tool.
just go to the python script that's located on github, once you get to the coding screen of the script, just click on the icon that says "raw"

after that, right click>save as
save it in the plugin\python folder in noesis directory
ngovandang
veteran

Post by ngovandang »

most of Nioh g1ms open come with different errors
the other which is fine to open, take much time to load
Hope I am not using it wrong way
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

ngovandang wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:49 pm most of Nioh g1ms open come with different errors
the other which is fine to open, take much time to load
Hope I am not using it wrong way
Didn't know that Nioh used NUNS. Send me your samples, I only had those two dissidia models who had that chunk to work with so I'm not surprised.
They worked before according to Allanoon/einherjar007 cause I was ignoring it

Also can't do much about loading times on detailed models, I need to optimize some parts but I don't have the time for that rn
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

I pushed a small update with a new parameter "bOnlyLoadG1MS". If that parameter is set to True only the skeleton and the driver shapes will be loaded, which can be useful to quickly check animations especially on models which take a long time to load.

Combined with that trick viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21666&start=105#p161145 you'll just have to load the mesh once in Noesis.
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

Joschka for atelier ryza do I need the whole game to make work it or just need glm and g1t file I drag MOB21A_MODEL_default to the Cethleann.Unbundler in it give me this 0000.G1Mf,0001.G1MS,0003.G1MG,0004.COLL,0005.NUNO and 0006.EXTR.
Demonslayerx8
veteran

Post by Demonslayerx8 »

blacknight411 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:52 pm Joschka for atelier ryza do I need the whole game to make work it or just need glm and g1t file I drag MOB21A_MODEL_default to the Cethleann.Unbundler in it give me this 0000.G1Mf,0001.G1MS,0003.G1MG,0004.COLL,0005.NUNO and 0006.EXTR.
your doing it all wrong... you OPEN the G1M files in NOESIS.
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

Ok I OPEN the G1M files in NOESIS but keep geting error. how do I send pictures.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

blacknight411 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:28 pm Ok I OPEN the G1M files in NOESIS but keep geting error. how do I send pictures.
Cethleann is used when you need to extract the g1m/g1t files from the game archives. Since you already have them you don't need to use it.

Now for your g1m files, you have a game for which the skeleton is contained in a separate file than the model. So you need to open my script in a text editor, change

Code: Select all

bLoadG1MS = False
to

Code: Select all

bLoadG1MS = True
and save.
Then restart Noesis or reload the plugin. Open the g1m file with the "default" in the name. When asked, choose the g1t file, it contains the texture.
Then it will ask for a skeleton g1m, choose the file without the "default" in the name.
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

where in a text editor to put it at the script .