Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Project Snowblind - XBOX

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
NLA
n00b

Project Snowblind - XBOX

Post by NLA »

A little more than a year ago, someone posted a topic requesting support for the Win32 version of Project Snowblind, but this game also exists for such consoles as the XBOX and PS2 (see viewtopic.php?t=1349&highlight=project+snowblind).

I've done a little searching around on the internet, and it seems that no one has tried to create any sort of extractor for Project Snowblind, nor any general support for .rkv extraction. I have uploaded a 2MB WATTO cut file of XBOX_LD.rkv, which among the other archives looks like the base .rar archive of the bunch, the rest being the split archives in .rXX format. With a hex editor, it is easy to see the directory file listing in XBOX_LD.rkv. These are the files in the directory that pertain to the archive:

XBOX_LD.rkv 148MB
XBOX_LD.r01 148MB
XBOX_LD.r02 146MB
XBOX_LD.r03 148MB
XBOX_LD.r04 148MB
XBOX_LD.r05 137MB
XBOX_LD.r06 148MB
XBOX_LD.r07 147MB
XBOX_LD.r08 149MB
XBOX_LD.r09 95.6MB

It does certainly seem to be similar in splitting to rar archive splittings.

(cut) XBOX_LD.rkv.zip (2MB):
http://www.mytempdir.com/779377

I hope that I might be able to possibly extract and insert new textures, but primarily I'd love to have the music that is contained within. The directory that is visible in the beginning of the rkv file has most of the music listing in a directory "wave", so there's a good chance that, should the music be extracted, that if it doesn't play properly in a media player, that it can be given a proper header and "fixed" with the application "xbadpdec" (available at http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers.htm). Thanks.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Thanks for the info. I'm sorry that I've been busy with a lot of other stuff of late, so I haven't been doing archive research as much as I want. When I finally get the new release of MultiEx Commander out (which I aim at somewhere during august) I'll have more time to spend one of my favourite passtimes : figuring out game archive formats. Inluding your request, if someone hasn't already. :)
NLA
n00b

Post by NLA »

Sure, no problem Mr.Mouse, just don't forget my other requests as well, and any info I can provide with them. ;)
NLA
n00b

Post by NLA »

Progress, perhaps?

Please tell me if I need to reupload the files to a different upload server if you need them, because more than likely mytempdir has killed them. :/