Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Noesis g1m/g1t importer with animations (FETH, Dissidia, DOA6, FEW, HW...)

Post by Joschka »

shenglong wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:56 am 1.What is the structure of the G1M file? (PC platform file).
G1MS : Skeleton info
G1MF : Some info about number of submeshes and other details about the sections in the file. I don't use it to reconstruct models
G1MM : Bone matrices, I don't use this section either
G1MG : Geometry and platform info, divided in 9 subsections
NUNO/NUNV/NUNS : cloth/hair meshes data used for physics sim
SOFT : same for breast (I don't use it)
COLL : We assume it's for collision shapes used to collide with the cloth driver nodes
HAIR: No clue yet, name seems obvious but that chunk was always empty in the models we saw
EXTR : No clue either yet, it's empty 99% of the time, we only saw a few models with that chunk used
shenglong wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:56 am 2.The vertex data at the beginning of the 0x04000100 mark in the GM1G4400 block contains vertex structures described as 0x7C size.
I don't see what you're referring to here
shenglong wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:56 am I guess these structures are cloth physical meshes, because I can't extract mesh data correctly, they always appear as flat meshes. How can I correctly analyze these data?
The meshes are extracted correctly but then ingame the vertices' final position are computed by a vertex shader, that's what you're missing. It goes like : cloth mesh vertices lying on the ground -> driver nodes are used by the physics sim -> vertices are reconstructed thanks to these nodes by the vertex shader. The nodes' position are in the NUN sections
shenglong wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:56 am 3.What is the structure of ONUN8200 and VNUN1100 blocks?
I think it's quicker to just check our binary templates, you'll have all the info that you need. You can check my script code too to see how I parse these sections.
https://github.com/three-houses-researc ... ormats/G1M
shenglong wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:56 am The above questions have perplexed me for a long time. I hope to get your answer. Thank you again!
Hopefully the above info helped, let me know if you have more questions after checking these resources.
shenglong
ultra-n00b

Post by shenglong »

Thank you very much for your answer. This knowledge is very helpful to me.
Undertake not what you cannot perform,but be careful to keep your promise.
——[USA]George Washington
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

Dynasty Warriors Online (Sangoku Musou Online Z) seems to use the same file format.

Texture and weapon models appear to be load, but other models can't.
Upload a sample. of course provide more files as needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enkidu115
beginner

Post by Enkidu115 »

There's some models that get the "List index out of range" from some of the dragon quest heroes 2
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

Joschka wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:55 pm G1MS : Skeleton info
G1MF : Some info about number of submeshes and other details about the sections in the file. I don't use it to reconstruct models
G1MM : Bone matrices, I don't use this section either
G1MG : Geometry and platform info, divided in 9 subsections
NUNO/NUNV/NUNS : cloth/hair meshes data used for physics sim
SOFT : same for breast (I don't use it)
COLL : We assume it's for collision shapes used to collide with the cloth driver nodes
HAIR: No clue yet, name seems obvious but that chunk was always empty in the models we saw
EXTR : No clue either yet, it's empty 99% of the time, we only saw a few models with that chunk used
Specifically:

G1MS: Skeleton
G1MF: Format
G1MM: Matrix
G1MG: Geometry
NUNO: Cloth (in Japanese)
NUNS: Cloth Skeleton
NUNV: ClothViz
SOFT: Softbody Dot Matrix
COLL: Collision
HAIR: Hair Strand Matrix
EXTR: Varies per game
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Script updated

NUNS support added. So far I only saw it on Spiritus and on one Noctis skin in DFFNT. It's similar to NUNO/NUNV but the associated control points overlap existing bones from the base skeleton. Anyways it's now there, it'll help for cloth sim if people want to use these particular models.
einherjar007 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:46 pm Dynasty Warriors Online (Sangoku Musou Online Z) seems to use the same file format.
The geometry section used an old version I never saw before so there were some little differences. It should now work as expected, let me know if you find more models with some issues since I only adapted the script based on what I saw on these two, there may be other sections using older versions in that game.
Enkidu115 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:00 am There's some models that get the "List index out of range" from some of the dragon quest heroes 2
Samples ?
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

Joschka wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:24 pm
einherjar007 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:46 pm Dynasty Warriors Online (Sangoku Musou Online Z) seems to use the same file format.
The geometry section used an old version I never saw before so there were some little differences. It should now work as expected, let me know if you find more models with some issues since I only adapted the script based on what I saw on these two, there may be other sections using older versions in that game.
Thanks update, it works!
I'll Perform more tests and report if issues found.

*character model location
LoadData\0006\od\on\ge200\

*animation data location
LoadData\0007\ot****.bin

need to change the extension. Also, split g1a because it is linked.
If anyone interested in this work, please refer to it :)
Enkidu115
beginner

Post by Enkidu115 »

Joschka wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:24 pm Script updated

NUNS support added. So far I only saw it on Spiritus and on one Noctis skin in DFFNT. It's similar to NUNO/NUNV but the associated control points overlap existing bones from the base skeleton. Anyways it's now there, it'll help for cloth sim if people want to use these particular models.
Enkidu115 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:00 am There's some models that get the "List index out of range" from some of the dragon quest heroes 2
Samples ?
do you just want the g1m and g1t or the whole character folder?
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Enkidu115 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:14 am do you just want the g1m and g1t or the whole character folder?
Send me the whole folders for a few non working characters with that error, that should be enough
Enkidu115
beginner

Post by Enkidu115 »

Joschka wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:17 am
Enkidu115 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:14 am do you just want the g1m and g1t or the whole character folder?
Send me the whole folders for a few non working characters with that error, that should be enough
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V-VAS_ ... sp=sharing
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Enkidu115 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:21 am
Works fine for me
Also there was a bunch of stuff not in the game by default in your folder, I assume it was the output of daemon's tools on your g1m
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

A few people asked me about this so I'd like to make a quick tutorial about the issue. As you know right now the model merger doesn't work with animations, unless you choose not to merge bones. This leads to a lot of duplicate bones and it's annoying to fix. Here's a possible workflow that I use to get around it :

-Make sure that the model merger option at the top of the merge.py is set to 1. Merge the models you want to without selecting any animation. Here I merged Edelgard's head and body meshes (I didn't bother with textures). The bones are correctly merged and you'll have one single armature. Export that file as fbx (I'll call it model.fbx)

-Now load only one of the meshes (for big models load the lightest ones so it's faster) and put all the anims that you want on that one. Here I put the animation that I want on Edelgard's body. If the game you're extracting from has skeleton g1m files, I'd recommend loading the animations on it. Export that file (I'll call it animation.fbx)

-In Blender, import the animation.fbx file and directly save it as a blend file. I'll call it animation.blend

-Make a new scene in Blender and now import your model file. Now go to "File" > "append", double click on the animation.blend then go to the "actions" folder and double-click on the file inside it (there should only be one action file unless you added more or split them in the animation.blend, if you just followed the steps above there'll only be one).

-Select your armature. Now go to the action editor and click on the icon next to the "New" button. I repeat, select the icon, not the new button. . Then choose the action you just appended in the list.

That's it, the merged model will now have all the animations without duplicate bones.
Enkidu115
beginner

Post by Enkidu115 »

glad to see its not a problem with the model and just how i used it, so it had to do with the fact that theres duplicate bones?
Enkidu115
beginner

Post by Enkidu115 »

Joschka wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:16 pm
Enkidu115 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:21 am

Works fine for me
Also there was a bunch of stuff not in the game by default in your folder, I assume it was the output of daemon's tools on your g1m
is there something in the script setting i should turn to true or false?
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Enkidu115 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:34 pm glad to see its not a problem with the model and just how i used it, so it had to do with the fact that theres duplicate bones?
All right tell me the exact steps you did, I won't let a fellow DQ fan without help hehe

First make sure that you have the last version of the script by downloading it on the repo.
In order to get this model to work you need to have the option "bAutoLoadG1MS" to False and "bLoadG1MS" to True, as with your naming convention the skeleton g1m is not the first one in the folder.
Select either the hair or the body, when prompted choose the g1t texture file, then choose the skeleton g1m when prompted. Then choose anim files if you let the option and have some files or press cancel.

Make sure you follow these steps and it should work as expected