Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Beyond: Two Souls - Reversing | Porting (THAT'S ALL FOLKS?)

Programs that are related to this or that game.
HugoPeters
veteran

Re: Beyond: Two Souls - Reversing | Porting (THAT'S ALL FOLK

Post by HugoPeters »

Unlimitedskills wrote:Beyond two Souls is a very fun game. Like everyone else i was looking to see where all this research led. But alas its dead. I'm starting to notice this HugoPeters doesnt finish the projects he starts. He did the same thing with Star Fox Adventures E3 2002 prototype (looking for dinosaur planet remnants) over at http://jul.rustedlogic.net/thread.php?id=16384&page=0

It started in 2013. 5 years and 40 pages later and god knows how many man hours wasted he creates a tool everyones been waiting for then vanishes without releasing it. Then does the most absurd thing ever. A random guy with a youtube channel pops up out of a cave asking if he can show off his new tool. Hugo shares his tool to this random stranger because of the attention he will bring on youtube.

All the research that kcat and everyone else did,he took all thier knowledge and built a tool to view models/assets from the game. piggy backing off others work. Instead of releasing the tool to all the visitors/fans/dedicated followers who have been following that thread for years a random dude comes along with no interest in the game,never been to rustedlogic and could care less about dinosaur planet and this is the fool Hugo decides to send his tools to for attention? The youtuber was so lost 2 guys kett and kokorogensou had to explain to him what the models represent,what hes looking at,what the game is about etc....Im like dude what are you doing? Like someone else said its like Hugo is doing it for attention. No one wants to see 50 pictures of new models you found. Everyone wants to use the tool themselves and see what they can discover and these are legit dinosaur planet fans who have been studying/researching the game that was never released for god knows how many years. Can't stand to see peoples research go to waste for 1 person's insecurity.
Hey, Unlimitedskills, if you really have unlimited skills you could easily do this work yourself, like Gh0stBlade suggested :)

Alright, I feel like addressing this properly once and for all, as you're definitely not the only one with this opinion.

Let's put one thing up front: My goal is and has been to have a career in the games industry.
Just for that reason, it would be dumb to release projects like B2S, as it would only harm my reputation within the industry.
There's a fine line between a "cool project" and "illegal" in this case. When I visited a certain developer in Amsterdam they were extremely impressed with the B2S project but reassured it's good I didn't release any of it, or I would not have been invited. :roll:
Selfish? Maybe, but people seem so self entitled, it really confuses me. What makes you think you automatically should have the right to own what I make?
I put in the hours, I get to decide what to do with it, right? Nobody is paying me, I don't owe anything to you...
I understand it sucks to see cool stuff and then not get it for yourself, but I ask you to have some respect for my decisions.

Unfortunately this stuff can be controversial, so I'm extremely hesitant to release anything. There's many reasons that should be self explanatory in regards to this.
That being said, I did release a similar project, a model viewer for No Man's Sky models, which got featured a ton:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDG3visCxlk

B2S I obviously can't release as I was asked to stop working on it by QD.
Because I did that I now have a good relation with them and talk to some of the devs from time to time, and it's all on good terms.
Some people who worked at QD who are aware of the project are now at the company I'm at and so, it's a small industry where you have to protect your reputation - is the point I'm trying to make I guess.

Dinosaur Planet, you got it wrong I'm afraid!
First of all, I use bits of other people's research that have been released, so I'm not keeping anything from anyone that's done by others.
Second of all, I don't use "all" of their research, and I'm not bragging when I say most of the stuff I show I've done myself, without help from others.
I am actually very much working on it as we speak and got some awesome things coming soon, I just like to post/release things on forums when there's a good amount to show instead of doing it gradually, that way it's a lot more noteworthy when it drops ;)
I've announced on a few places already that I am working on a web-based model viewer using my own engine (for everyone, not just tech-savvy people), with the goal to faithfully recreate parts of a scene from DP with the data that we have.

The H4G video - I don't release crap, so that's why I thought this was a good (temporary) way of allowing a larger audience to see the cool bits :)

Also, releasing tools individually requires a lot of work to just make them usable for the community, and at that point the amount of people that can actually use them is very small, whereas I like to create something standalone and user friendly, so everyone can enjoy it.
See it as a tribute to the game, rather than just hacking tools :)
Besides, there's only so much data to DP and I've covered about 99% of it already anyway!

So, I hope this makes sense to you and you understand my perspectives a bit better now.

One last note, Kett and Kokorogensou are actually friends of mine and ask not to be involved in your trashing of me, so if you plan on writing any more messages keep them out of your argumentation please :)

"I'm going to throw my shit at you" —The Great Mighty Poo
_______________________>> check my portfolio I wish the [center] bbcode was turned on
_______________________>> or my twitter
NeoNull80
ultra-n00b

Re: Beyond: Two Souls - Reversing | Porting (THAT'S ALL FOLKS?)

Post by NeoNull80 »

I might be a bit late but I thought id post this here anyways.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/20/18274 ... -exclusive
nightride
ultra-n00b

Post by nightride »

I don't suppose there's some way of finding out which point in the game that certain audio is from?
Anthony7890050
ultra-n00b

Post by Anthony7890050 »

hello I can have more than two souls PS3 files please :)
Alvare
ultra-n00b

Post by Alvare »

Erm.. did anyone ever figure out why the arm texture is blue?

I mean, that's some otherworldly looking arm right there.
darkbabe2
ultra-n00b

Post by darkbabe2 »

Anyone haw the Ryan Clayton model?.If so can someone send it to me pls its the only model i need from this game
gamer1977
beginner

Post by gamer1977 »

Hello friends Someone can upload Beyond Two Souls -Extractor- v1.0 Deleted download link
Funnybizness
ultra-n00b

Post by Funnybizness »

I know this is thread is basically dead but just wanted to say thanks. This tool allowed me to extract all the audio I needed for my creations. And I was fortunate to convert them all. I'm very grateful. Thank you again.
wesernameX93
ultra-n00b

Post by wesernameX93 »

Hello everyone, i know this post is too old, but when i use the b2s extractor i don't %100 it'll stuck at %50. anyone have a solution for that ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zeaofsuos
beginner

ADMIN, PLEASE DELETE.

Post by zeaofsuos »

ADMIN, PLEASE DELETE.
Last edited by zeaofsuos on Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wesernameX93
ultra-n00b

Post by wesernameX93 »

zeaofsuos wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:54 pm
wesernameX93 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:47 pm Hello everyone, i know this post is too old, but when i use the b2s extractor i don't %100 it'll stuck at %50. anyone have a solution for that ?
Does that also work for the PC Versions of Quantic Dream Games? Or is it specifically for the game files of the console versions? Could I maybe test that tool off of you? It would be appreciated.
it's only work with B2S PS3 version, and here is the test it and tell me if its working or not

blog/?p=1166
ProGamer
veteran

Post by ProGamer »

hi there is an extraction tool for animations beyond two souls,
Faithfullfaun
advanced

Post by Faithfullfaun »

Possible update for PC versions of Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls?
mahbod
ultra-n00b

Post by mahbod »

Could anyone reupload this tool again please?
Raq
beginner

Post by Raq »

I hope I'm not bothering anyone by bumping this thread or something, but I just wanted to know if there is any "solution" or workaround regarding the diffuse textures having a very weird color. While extracting Jodie's different outfits I noticed that a lot of them have weird blue hand textures, blue face textures or very pale face textures. I thought it was something to do with the RGB channels of the texture but it is not, no combination gives out a result that looks even remotely correct.

Some of these textures look correct in some outfits, but in others, Jodie's teen punk-phase outfit for example, they don't. And it's quite frustrating because that outfit has an unique face texture with makeup, which cannot be found in any other outfit therefore there's no way to get the "correct" diffuse texture for it. Is there some kind of weird process the game does in runtime (like material files) to change the color of the texture? And if so, why do they do this only on a certain amount of outfits/models? It feels kinda inconsistent.

EDIT:

I found out about this litterally seconds after posting this, and it really helps fixing this issue. I use Photoshop so the steps might be slightly different depending on the photo editing software you use but essentially what you need to do is go to the Channel Mixer and increase the Green channel by something like 30%. Here's the result:

It would be cool to know exactly by how much the green channel is being increased in-game to have the most accurate result possible, but oh well, if it works it works.