Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

CITY SHROUDED IN SHADOW (2018 - PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
trexjones
veteran

CITY SHROUDED IN SHADOW (2018 - PS4)

Post by trexjones »

Hey everyone!

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out here, and possibly point me in the right direction to tools for the files in this game.
Apparently it's running on the Orochi 3 Engine, which I couldn't find particularly much on in the usual places. At least not much useful.
The array of giant monster models as well as character and environmental pieces is great so hopefully someone can help out.

I've attached a link to the files I'm pretty sure are from Eva-01, from Neon Genesis Evangelion, but the game includes monsters from Godzilla, Gamera, Ultraman, Patlabor and so many more!

Anyway, hopefully someone can take a look. I know there are meshes and textures in here using the .mdl and .tex formats but I'm unsure as to how to view them or get them into some sort of exportable state to mod into other games or use in Blender for renders.

Thanks for taking a look, hopefully someone can come up with something...

https://mega.nz/#!jFATRSyI!5Z0gEOdeO6gU ... iQQlQYmFtE
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: CITY SHROUDED IN SHADOW (2018 - PS4)

Post by akderebur »

Try RandomTBush's maxscript for World of Final Fantasy. It was also Orochi 3 if I remember correctly.
trexjones
veteran

Post by trexjones »

Thanks man! I will check it out!
trexjones
veteran

Post by trexjones »

Okay, so it looks like the textures work for the most part, but the .mdl files don't convert using using that script.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

I believe you have decompressed them before trying, right? If not here is the script : https://mega.nz/#!ft4X2CJI!FQUzhbEddKl3 ... P-KuRCX-r4

I can't test the maxscript, but chrrox's noesis script seems to handle your samples well : viewtopic.php?t=12688

trexjones
veteran

Post by trexjones »

Far out, I'm an idiot! Thank you!
09williamsad
veteran

Post by 09williamsad »

The noesis script only works for a small number of models, most have index and overflow errors, same for the max script.

Additionally on some textures the WoF bms script seems to miss parts of the texture.

Full game samples https://mega.nz/folder/rOAVEaLb#RqitpUM5oPg2d1gDGh0Iaw
E010 seems to be a good example of both issues.

Bunch of models that convert https://mega.nz/folder/3PhAkapC#PkTLCYOq_TV3bkdp0fnpXw
Last edited by 09williamsad on Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My archive of models, audio, textures etc: <Link removed due to site policy> Google my username to find it.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

09williamsad wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:20 pm E010 seems to be a good example of both issues.
The attached script should work for that sample and possibly others too. Only problem is that it will probably produce lots of split meshes, but better than not splitting at all :D Delete/remove other ".mdl" scripts before using this one.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
09williamsad
veteran

Post by 09williamsad »

akderebur wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:23 pm
The attached script should work for that sample and possibly others too. Only problem is that it will probably produce lots of split meshes, but better than not splitting at all :D Delete/remove other ".mdl" scripts before using this one.
Thanks, I am reconverting now and it seems that the majority now convert, I will post a link with the converted models once they are done.
My archive of models, audio, textures etc: <Link removed due to site policy> Google my username to find it.
09williamsad
veteran

Post by 09williamsad »

Most of the games character models converted to FBX <Link removed due to site policy>