Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
pobxen
ultra-n00b

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by pobxen »

Temptationz wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:04 am I am currently having issues unpacking my .pkg files using PS4PKGViewer. Any tips for a noob?
I extracted the .pkg files with PkgEditor-0.1.223 from here https://ci.appveyor.com/project/maxton/ ... /artifacts

Now I'm stuck getting anything from the .pak files, any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

Is there a list of which files correspond to which character? I.E. I know n_fz201 is Anna (pure luck figuring that out, it was the first character I tried the tool on), but don't want to have to extract every set to know the rest.
EmreXLP
ultra-n00b

Post by EmreXLP »

Hey there, does someone have a download link for the tools? All other download links are broken.
Maechen
ultra-n00b

Post by Maechen »

pobxen wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:06 pm I extracted the .pkg files
Hey, can you tell me where you find the .pkg file please ? (:
pobxen
ultra-n00b

Post by pobxen »

Maechen wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:19 pm
pobxen wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:06 pm I extracted the .pkg files
Hey, can you tell me where you find the .pkg file please ? (:
From Sony's servers, I found the links on some Chinese site I think, I can't find them anymore sorry, but they're out there.
Maechen
ultra-n00b

Post by Maechen »

Ok thank I find it :

https://wfhtony.github.io/2015/03/16/ps ... -cusa15072

Search for "CUSA15072"
pobxen
ultra-n00b

Post by pobxen »

Maechen wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:16 pm Ok thank I find it :

Search for "CUSA15072"
If you figure out how to extract the .pak files please let me know :)
Stallone
n00b

Post by Stallone »

This is amazing, I'm far from being skilled enough to do something like this, but I was wondering if you folks were able to pull fonts from the game assets, I have been looking for KH fonts for years... Especially the cutscenes comics font and the KH3 system typo (more recently),

thank you very much
Vladabdf
beginner

Post by Vladabdf »

pobxen wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:24 am

Search for "CUSA15072"
"How" isn't the question. It's "when". They're encrypted, and people are hoarding the decrypted eboot.bin needed to obtain the key and decrypt the paks. If you want it, ask people in the PS4 scene. Nobody outside of it has been able to decrypt the paks.
pobxen
ultra-n00b

Post by pobxen »

Vladabdf wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:22 pm
pobxen wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:24 am

Search for "CUSA15072"
"How" isn't the question. It's "when". They're encrypted, and people are hoarding the decrypted eboot.bin needed to obtain the key and decrypt the paks. If you want it, ask people in the PS4 scene. Nobody outside of it has been able to decrypt the paks.
Oh.. okay, thanks for the info
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

New version released. Now supports textures and auto-texture loading for maps. It will work for Kingdom Hearts 3 and for some other games.

You can use the tool to convert individual assets, or all assets in a folder.

1. To convert one asset, drop asset file onto the tool, or run the tool from command line with asset filename as parameter.

If asset file contains a texture, in will be exported to "textures" subfolder in Directx10 DDS format. After that you can convert them to the format you like.

If asset file contains static or skeletal mesh, in will be exported to ASCII. Raw data will also be saved in "staticmesh.raw" & "skeletalmesh.raw" folders for later use in map extraction.

If asset file contains a material, it will create "material.db" file with information for later use in map extraction. If "material.db" file already exists next to the tool, it will be updated with newly found materials.

If asset file contains a blueprint, it will create "blueprint.db" file with information for later use in map extraction. If "blueprint.db" file already exists next to the tool, it will be updated with newly found blueprints.

2. To convert all assets in a folder, place the tool in that folder and run it. Tool will search that folder and all subfolders for .uasset files and try converting them all. When prompted "are you sure?" you can press "enter" to confirm or Ctrl-C to cancel.

3. To convert maps, drop .umap file onto the tool, or run the tool from command line with umap filename as parameter. Current version will extract static meshes, skeletal meshes, blueprint-generated meshes, lights and landscapes from a map.

For map extraction to work, "staticmesh.raw" and "skeletalmesh.raw" folders with previously extracted data must be in the same folder with the tool. If some models will be missing, tool will give messages.

If "blueprint.db" file will be next to the tool, it will try and place all models mentioned in blueprints on the map. There's no proper blueprint support, so some models may be placed incorrectly.

If "material.db" file will be next to the tool, material information from that file will be used to place texture names in the output ASCII file, so when loaded, all textures will be applied automatically. By default, ASCII file will have texture names with ".PNG" format. If you converted textures to another format (for example .JPG), you need to replace ".png" to ".jpg" in ASCII file with any text editor before loading it.

If there will be no "material.db" file, or some materials will be missing in that file, tool will give messages and material names will be used for textures. In that case you can search and apply them manually. Some models do not use any textures (for example, solid color materials or lights). For such models ascii file will also have material name as texture name, so if you want, you can open that material in umodel and see whats the color and other properties.
Last edited by daemon1 on Mon May 11, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Tool updated:

- blueprints "workaround" support
- instanced static mesh support
- lights export
- materials with no textures dont make error messages anymore

note: blueprints are not properly supported, because i'm not going to read their code at all. This would be just too complicated. Since most blueprints just have 1 mesh inside and some logic, i'm assuming they are simply placing that mesh. In reality, the mesh position may be edited or calculated accoridng to game logic, or removed at all - this is all NOT supported.

For skeletal models to have textures auto-loaded on the map, you'll have to re-export them.
ophy111
ultra-n00b

Post by ophy111 »

daemon1 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:43 pm If "material.db" file will be next to the tool, material information from that file will be used to place texture names in the output ASCII file, so when loaded, all textures will be applied automatically. By default, ASCII file will have texture names with ".PNG" format. If you converted textures to another format (for example .JPG), you need to replace ".png" to ".jpg" in ASCII file with any text editor before loading it.

If there will be no "material.db" file, or some materials will be missing in that file, tool will give messages and material names will be used for textures. In that case you can search and apply them manually. Some models do not use any textures (for example, solid color materials or lights). For such models ascii file will also have material name as texture name, so if you want, you can open that material in umodel and see whats the color and other properties.

hello, I put the material.db, base materials, and basematerialinstance in the same folder with the umaps. I wasn't sure what I needed to all be together? still says missing materials on export so I'm confused on where the exported materials need to go? sorry
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

As its stated above, "material.db" file must be next to the tool. Means in the same folder with kh3.exe
ophy111
ultra-n00b

Post by ophy111 »

sorry, I'm asking how does it extract along with the umap? where does the location of the necessary files need to be? for example, I move the exe in the Material folder with the material.db and and drag the .umap to export in there, but it still says it can't find anything.