Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by daemon1 »

ok i see that on some files this error occurs during oodle decompression:
System.AccessViolationException ... and something about memory

in all such cases you will get zero filled files.
Problem is, i never got this happen, so i dont know why on your machine its not working.
gokuhs
beginner

Post by gokuhs »

Maybe it is for doing it in batch, and without many having much relation to the previous ones ... but doing it separately and deleting file "matrices" between each one the problem does not happen, or may be is bug on Virtualbox... i don't know...
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

gokuhs wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:22 pm Maybe it is for doing it in batch, and without many having much relation to the previous ones ... but doing it separately and deleting file "matrices" between each one the problem does not happen, or may be is bug on Virtualbox... i don't know...
it can't be batch or relation to the previous ones, or matrices
must be a bug on Virtualbox
gokuhs
beginner

Post by gokuhs »

daemon1 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:24 pm it can't be batch or relation to the previous ones, or matrices
must be a bug on Virtualbox
This afternoon I will install Windows on an old computer and try.
Meanwhile, If you wish you can try with this model, with any other file i try this:

Horizon.exe /e models/characters/humans/aloycarjastormbringercostume/animation/parts/aloyhair_ct_a_lx
And drag and drop the core file in Horizon.exe. The generated smd is filled with 0 but the tool don't crash.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

gokuhs wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:47 pm Horizon.exe /e models/characters/humans/aloycarjastormbringercostume/animation/parts/aloyhair_ct_a_lx
And drag and drop the core file in Horizon.exe. The generated smd is filled with 0 but the tool don't crash.
works fine as all other files. Its not the tool thats crashing. Its your O.S.

gokuhs
beginner

Post by gokuhs »

daemon1 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:01 pm works fine as all other files. Its not the tool thats crashing. Its your O.S.

I begin to think that I have bad luck. I installed Win 10 on my laptop, and i have the same result. And after hitting the shit of Windows Defender (detect your utility as a Trojan) the result I have obtained is the same.

I am going to send you a PM with an a link to my "packed_pink" folder on which I am testing, with the initial.bin and remainder.bin files included. The download is heavy so if you feel like it and are curious, try it with my files. If fails may be you can debug the tool code and find the reason...

If this works for you, I shoot myself in the head.
ashitaka3369
ultra-n00b

Post by ashitaka3369 »

i also try few month ago to extract model from horizon and that also ended with empty files for me, but no one was complaining about it and i was thinking that came from me or an update of the game
gokuhs
beginner

Post by gokuhs »

ashitaka3369 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:53 am i also try few month ago to extract model from horizon and that also ended with empty files for me, but no one was complaining about it and i was thinking that came from me or an update of the game
Let's see if with what I have happened if daemon try it, and may be we can identify what the problem. Because it also happens to me and I am using the same copy used by another user of this thread and it worked for him ...
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

gokuhs wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:29 pm I am going to send you a PM with an a link to my "packed_pink" folder on which I am testing, with the initial.bin and remainder.bin
your initial.bin and remainder.bin are both corrupted. :twisted:
Whatever you used to get them is broken. Never use that tool.
gokuhs
beginner

Post by gokuhs »

daemon1 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:13 pm your initial.bin and remainder.bin are both corrupted. :twisted:
Whatever you used to get them is broken. Never use that tool.
I can not believe it. Don't tell me I've wasted a lot of time when the extraction tool is failing? :cry:
I take advantage of that since I have installed Windows to extract the PKG again...
gokuhs
beginner

Post by gokuhs »

Yes! Now i can extract the model without problem! I use another program to extract it! :)
I use to extract it PS4PKGViewer by LMAN, and for now 0 problems
Many thanks for your help Daemon1 and for your contributions. :]
stab2486
ultra-n00b

Post by stab2486 »

Sweet! Just tried switching to the PS4PKGViewer like gokuhs did and it just did the trick. Little bit disappointed though to see just how much of the detail is all normal mapping, though it seems there's options to convert normal maps into height maps. Either way, big thanks daemon1! As an artist I've been super interested in using the machines for reference and kitbashing, and this is a huge help. I was worried I'd have to try photogrammetry, which probably wouldn't really even work with the limited photomode in the game. Next up, seeing if I can generate complete models with skeletons, without any trouble. :keke:
stab2486
ultra-n00b

Post by stab2486 »

ThunderJaw_01.jpg
Put together a Thunder Jaw model manually. Couldn't get horizon to generate the full model with the skeleton and weighted parts, but I think that was probably because I ran horizon on the .core model files before putting the skeleton_rootbone and .animskel files in the same folder.

Edit: Ran horizon on parts .core files after moving mesh_skeleton_rootbone, .animskel, and robot_modelhelpers into the folder. The .bat isn't empty, it just says "File not found: [mesh_skeleton]"

Also, has anyone tried looking for Cauldron model files?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rushard
ultra-n00b

Post by rushard »

How can I get sound files from the game?
Last edited by rushard on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erik945
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by erik945 »

A script for batch file extraction.
You will need the original daemon1's tool.
Edit the "INTERFACE" section:
Select the paths to the tool and files, select the steps (True - execute, False - skip).
Step 0 and 1 need to be performed once, then you can just turn them off
(step_0_create_res_file = False
step_1_unpack_bin = False)
resources are extracted to the tool_path
Models and textures will be converted ONLY from the work_dir folder (now configured for robot scout)
In the process of step 3, the script creates skel_work folders - for skeletons and join_geo - for finished geometry combined with skeletons.
These models are referred to as __join __ (the name of the used skeleton ) and include all fragments from the parts folder.

step4_convert_robots - the most complex, I recommend converting only one robot at a time. Disable this step when it is not needed - otherwise it will try to convert each character as a robot, this can lead to errors.
To perform step 4, you must first perform step 3. Make sure step_3_generate_chars = True
The operation of the algorithms is tied to folder names. Better not rename them if you are not sure.
specify the path to the folder for the templates in the variables robot_template_dir and robot_template_dlc_dir

After successful completion of step 4, in the join_geo folder will be created files the __1_joinRobot_static_zero_skeleton, __2_joinRobot_skin_custom_skeleton, __3_joinRobot_fix_skeleton.
You must sequentially load them into your 3d editor (max, blender, etc). Make sure that when loading skeleton only it pose are updated, the skeleton itself should not be loaded again - otherwise you will get three copies of it.
First load __1_joinRobot_static_zero_skeleton first - it contains destructible parts of the robot
Second load __2_joinRobot_skin_custom_skeleton second - contains the base of the robot
Third load __3_joinRobot_fix_skeleton - fixes the position of bones and destructible parts
Now you must have correct model of robot

During the script operation, may appear windows with error (crash Horizon) - this is normal. The script itself will close them.
During all the work of the programs, you will need the source *.bin files - never remove them.
Make sure that no extraneous .bin files get into the folder with source *.bin files - this can lead to errors.
Tested on python 3.7, but should work on older 3.x

Good luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by erik945 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.