Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
nightwolf1982
veteran

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by nightwolf1982 »

There are source tools available that allow you to import smd files directly into blender.
gokuhs
beginner

Post by gokuhs »

nightwolf1982 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:57 pm There are source tools available that allow you to import smd files directly into blender.
I did not know, I am very new to this.
stab2486
ultra-n00b

Post by stab2486 »

Having problems with the SMD files generated by horizon.exe. Either they're empty (usually for the body.core files), or, when I open them up in notepad, all the coordinates for the vertices are just a bunch of 0s. So far I've tried this on the Behemoth, the Strider, the Grazer, the Scrapper, and the Thunderjaw, has anyone else found that certain models just won't extract? I've tried the standard edition (CUSA07319) and the complete edition (CUSA10212).
gokuhs
beginner

Post by gokuhs »

stab2486 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:24 pm Having problems with the SMD files generated by horizon.exe. Either they're empty (usually for the body.core files), or, when I open them up in notepad, all the coordinates for the vertices are just a bunch of 0s. So far I've tried this on the Behemoth, the Strider, the Grazer, the Scrapper, and the Thunderjaw, has anyone else found that certain models just won't extract? I've tried the standard edition (CUSA07319) and the complete edition (CUSA10212).
You can follow this post but, i still have the same problems with many models, the SMD have a bunch of 0s. It would be helpful if Daemon or Raban told us what is the gamecode they used to do their tests... [roll]
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

i dont know which code i used, was too long ago
Raban
beginner

Post by Raban »

gokuhs wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:37 am It would be helpful if Daemon or Raban told us what is the gamecode they used to do their tests... [roll]
Sorry, I don't have the files anymore and don't remember the CUSA-code.

I can tell you via pm from where I obtained the files, If you want to check yourself. Though I don't know if the links are still alive.
erik945
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by erik945 »

you can find decrypted pkg on rutracker.org
gokuhs
beginner

Post by gokuhs »

erik945 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:06 pm you can find decrypted pkg on rutracker.org
Yes, but our problem is what version of the game was used to create the extraction tool.
erik945
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by erik945 »

Well, only the author can tell you this. As far I remember, the tool worked with this version of the game.
But I can’t vouch - it has long been.
gokuhs
beginner

Post by gokuhs »

erik945 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:13 am Well, only the author can tell you this. As far I remember, the tool worked with this version of the game.
But I can’t vouch - it has long been.
But you try to extract various models? Because we have the problem that it apparently works, but the files it generates are invalid. And it does not happen with everyone, with some it works well (for example the fox I have posted) but others does not work..
erik945
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by erik945 »

I don’t remember, and I don't studied all the models thoroughly.
Sorry.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Actually, the tool MUST work with any version of the game, and for ALL models. I dont know how it could be possible that something is NOT working. At least everything I tried worked fine.
gokuhs
beginner

Post by gokuhs »

daemon1 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:40 pm Actually, the tool MUST work with any version of the game, and for ALL models. I dont know how it could be possible that something is NOT working. At least everything I tried worked fine.
As I told you by PM, my first intent with a version of the game with expansion was not able to extract the fox, I had the error that told you that it generates the files with 0s, instead with another version of the game i can extract it, following the same steps on the same files. But I still have the problem with many other models, the tool generate files with all positions in 0s...

I also appreciate your great effort creating the tool, and for that I was trying to find the same version you used to create the tool. Maybe it's because of the S.O. or maybe it's because of the oo2core_5_win64.dll file
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

it can't be oo2core_5_win64.dll
i dont know what is S.O.
if you have 0's, the tool must give you some error
gokuhs
beginner

Post by gokuhs »

I'm downloading another copy of the game, this afternoon if it finish i try again and tell you all steps i follow and all output of the tool If it's any help. Thanks daemon