Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Twisted Metal: Black BNK sound files

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
bymutou
advanced

Re: Twisted Metal: Black BNK sound files

Post by bymutou »

KarmaKrow wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:13 am Sorry, I can't, it's in violation of google's terms of service, for some reason. :?
or http://www.mediafire.com/file/54gncl5m3 ... ol.7z/file
KarmaKrow
n00b

Post by KarmaKrow »

It downloaded successfully, sent me to mediafire and I managed to download it, thank you very much. You helped me out a ton today, I appreciate that.

By the way, what's this tool suppose to do exactly, will it convert the SHELLMUS.BNK file to play out like the Main Menu Theme for Twisted Metal: Black, or just extract the audio files stored within, because I already have such audio files extracted, through PSound.
KarmaKrow
n00b

Post by KarmaKrow »

Also, What command do I enter in the cmd prompt for the bnkextr.exe or test.exe to extract SHELLMUS.BNK? When I hover the .BNK file over any of the .exe programs, to open and extract, nothing is extracted, please help.?! :?
bymutou
advanced

Post by bymutou »

KarmaKrow wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:33 pm Also, What command do I enter in the cmd prompt for the bnkextr.exe or test.exe to extract SHELLMUS.BNK? When I hover the .BNK file over any of the .exe programs, to open and extract, nothing is extracted, please help.?! :?

Double-click the .bat file and press Enter, the script will run
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bymutou
advanced

Post by bymutou »

KarmaKrow wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:33 pm Also, What command do I enter in the cmd prompt for the bnkextr.exe or test.exe to extract SHELLMUS.BNK? When I hover the .BNK file over any of the .exe programs, to open and extract, nothing is extracted, please help.?! :?
wav files will be in the sounds folder
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bymutou
advanced

Post by bymutou »

The tool does not support batch conversion of .bnk audio, so I wrote a bat to support batch
KarmaKrow
n00b

Post by KarmaKrow »

Yeah, I have a problem, there's some error message stating "A sub-directory or file sounds already exists". Along with, "The system cannot find the file specified", a duplicate file name exists, or the file cannot be found." Is there something wrong here?
bymutou
advanced

Post by bymutou »

KarmaKrow wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:55 am Yeah, I have a problem, there's some error message stating "A sub-directory or file sounds already exists". Along with, "The system cannot find the file specified", a duplicate file name exists, or the file cannot be found." Is there something wrong here?
no problem
KarmaKrow
n00b

Post by KarmaKrow »

The .BNK file still wasn't extracted, nothing in the sound folder at all.
bymutou
advanced

Post by bymutou »

KarmaKrow wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:06 pm The .BNK file still wasn't extracted, nothing in the sound folder at all.
This is not a regular bnk. The header does not have BKHD. I can write a script to merge the bnk files. Then you can use PSsound to extract them all at once. Can you upload 3 bnk files to me? I want to test
KarmaKrow
n00b

Post by KarmaKrow »

Alright then, here you go:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nhC7v ... pAg_MjXVwn

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WZYzw ... oaqE4rnXMx

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14uP9W ... 3n8MqWSla2

But I already ran the SHELLMUS.BNK file through PSound sometime ago, and it extracted 40-something wav files. What I'm really wanting is the main menu theme for Twisted Metal: Black, fully extracted, played out like it does in-game.
bymutou
advanced

Post by bymutou »

KarmaKrow wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:55 pm Alright then, here you go:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nhC7v ... pAg_MjXVwn

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WZYzw ... oaqE4rnXMx

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14uP9W ... 3n8MqWSla2

But I already ran the SHELLMUS.BNK file through PSound sometime ago, and it extracted 40-something wav files. What I'm really wanting is the main menu theme for Twisted Metal: Black, fully extracted, played out like it does in-game.
Create a new txt copy code, modify the suffix to .bat,Put the bnk file in the place of the .bat file, double-click, it will merge all bnk into merge.bnk, you use PSsound to extract.

Code: Select all

copy /b *.bnk merge.txt
ren merge.txt merge.bnk
KarmaKrow
n00b

Post by KarmaKrow »

I managed to create the merge.bnk file, but how exactly do I create the mergebnk.bat file?

Sorry for being dumbfounded and all, but I'm confused about this whole, create new txt copy code, and such.
bymutou
advanced

Post by bymutou »

KarmaKrow wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:17 pm I managed to create the merge.bnk file, but how exactly do I create the mergebnk.bat file?

Sorry for being dumbfounded and all, but I'm confused about this whole, create new txt copy code, and such.
Modify the .txt suffix to .bat
bymutou
advanced

Post by bymutou »

KarmaKrow wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:17 pm I managed to create the merge.bnk file, but how exactly do I create the mergebnk.bat file?

Modify the .txt suffix to .bat