Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Noesis g1m/g1t importer with animations (FETH, Dissidia, DOA6, FEW, HW...)

Post by Joschka »

gamer1977 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:41 pm NT tools don't work too
I just googled "fatal frame gmpk" and the first link was https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-31370.html

You have two bms script in that link, one for the g1m files and one for the g1t
gamer1977
beginner

Post by gamer1977 »

thanks worked just models and textures extracted animations don't extracted
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

Well, for last news, it is safe to say the tools will work on NT, because it will not get update after 3 of March.
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

Darkhowlings wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:03 am Well, for last news, it is safe to say the tools will work on NT, because it will not get update after 3 of March.
there will still be bug fixes, but yeah no new content unfortunately :(
DFFNT was one of the 3 reasons I started this entire thing lol, I love NT.

Ah well. Maybe i'll make a private server when the servers go down in three years
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

Yretenai wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:25 am There will still be bug fixes, but yeah no new content unfortunately :(

Ah well. Maybe i'll make a private server when the servers go down in three years
Is that even possible? I read long time ago someone crack the game for play offline, but is hard to say that moving xxxxx files of the same size of the whole game to the Steam files is a real crack... but, maybe now that will chance because they don't have other way?

Yet, NT falls on the same place as Mobius...
Had to admit, but, I will love to play offline Mobius over NT.

But to end, who knows what future awaits to them? They can get forgotten or being remind as a crack game or private serves (maybe even with mods like 012).
On my case, it is kind sad, I was waiting they add more character or give the rest DLC like The Emperor of Heavens, Tidus and Jekkt 012 outfits, but all end on nothing, now.

RIP NT.
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

Darkhowlings wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:38 pm
Yretenai wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:25 am There will still be bug fixes, but yeah no new content unfortunately :(

Is that even possible? I read long time ago someone crack the game for play offline, but is hard to say that moving xxxxx files of the same size of the whole game to the Steam files is a real crack... but, maybe now that will chance because they don't have other way?
Yes, but the question is, is it worth it?
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

Yretenai wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:23 pm Yes, but the question is, is it worth it?
Obviusly no. For what I read, it was the same game and still use steam, but you cannot ask more from a cheap crack, if that is called a crack, once again.
EmptyMan
ultra-n00b

Post by EmptyMan »

Hi, Joschka.
Thank you for the awesome script!
Can you add support for attached files (DQH2)?
I think, it's bgra8 format.
dxt1/dxt5 works fine.
Extra Header found: Size 12, Version 16
possible unknown format !
Loaded Texture 1 of 7; 1024x1024; Format A; Size 400000; System B; Mips 1
Unsupported DDS format: 0.
WARNING: Constructing default image because data could not be decoded.
Loaded Texture 2 of 7; 64x64; Format A; Size 4000; System B; Mips 1
Loaded Texture 3 of 7; 256x32; Format A; Size 8000; System B; Mips 1
Loaded Texture 4 of 7; 32x64; Format A; Size 2000; System B; Mips 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sundownsyndrome
ultra-n00b

Post by Sundownsyndrome »

hey man, this is some awesome work you managed to get down, and you've been pretty good with getting updates. i do, however, see one issue that i don't know that's been addressed, and that's sometimes models have a skeleton inside of their own G1M, rather than it being read from a specific one. you can check this out on Exdeath from dissidia where he has a wrist bangle hanging off his wrist, it's not rigged properly since some of the bones are actually inside of its own model.

i'm checking out berserk as well and, it works fine, but also has similar issues on specific models, like so:

the leg bone is out and it's deforming the hair. this isn't necessarily a rigging error. it's just there's another set of bone chains within the model's own G1M that has to be read, but because that didn't get extracted it's instead deforming off of the skeleton that i loaded in. if you think it's worth looking into, i'd appreciate it because i've seen it pop up a couple of times now. let me know if you need samples.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Rainx wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:50 pm Hi, Joschka.
Thank you for the awesome script!
Can you add support for attached files (DQH2)?
I think, it's bgra8 format.
Oh never saw that ID before, I took a quick look at these using the texture cooker and it seems to be bgr8 indeed.
I'll add support for it when I'll start working on it again, taking a few days break from RE rn.
Sundownsyndrome wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:22 am hey man, this is some awesome work you managed to get down, and you've been pretty good with getting updates. i do, however, see one issue that i don't know that's been addressed, and that's sometimes models have a skeleton inside of their own G1M, rather than it being read from a specific one. you can check this out on Exdeath from dissidia where he has a wrist bangle hanging off his wrist, it's not rigged properly since some of the bones are actually inside of its own model.

i'm checking out berserk as well and, it works fine, but also has similar issues on specific models, like so:

the leg bone is out and it's deforming the hair. this isn't necessarily a rigging error. it's just there's another set of bone chains within the model's own G1M that has to be read, but because that didn't get extracted it's instead deforming off of the skeleton that i loaded in. if you think it's worth looking into, i'd appreciate it because i've seen it pop up a couple of times now. let me know if you need samples.
Hmm interesting, you mean that I'd need to read both the external and the internal skeleton section for these ? I never saw that before, only saw models with full skeleton located in an external g1m or with the skeleton contained inside their own g1m (in this case either select the same g1m file or turn off bautoLoadG1MS and bLoadG1MS). I'll take a look at Exdeath's model and keep you updated, probably during next week or something like that.
Sundownsyndrome
ultra-n00b

that's my assumption from daemon's tools when i worked with it. sephiroth similarly does this. for the record, i did try both ways, but it was spitting out an out of bounds error. it could be differently handled for all i know. but thank you regardless.

as an aside, is getting proper vertex normals for cloth physic meshes on the list, just low priority? if it is, that's fine, just curious is all
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Sundownsyndrome wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:20 pm that's my assumption from daemon's tools when i worked with it. sephiroth similarly does this. for the record, i did try both ways, but it was spitting out an out of bounds error. it could be differently handled for all i know. but thank you regardless.

as an aside, is getting proper vertex normals for cloth physic meshes on the list, just low priority? if it is, that's fine, just curious is all
Ah I see, I must have missed something then, I'll take a look at these.
Oh lol, I just wasn"t aware of the issue, I'll fix that too then.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

SCRIPT UPDATED

-I added formats 0x9 and 0xA for G1T files. Let me know if there are some issues with 0x9, I only had one sample so some channels might be wrong.
-Yretenai started adding KHM support. These are heightmaps used in some games for terrains
Rainx wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:50 pm Can you add support for attached files (DQH2)?
These files should now display correctly, let me know if you find some issues.
Sundownsyndrome wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:20 pm that's my assumption from daemon's tools when i worked with it. sephiroth similarly does this. for the record, i did try both ways, but it was spitting out an out of bounds error.
Ok I looked into this and it's not skeleton related. There are very few bones sometimes in the model g1m indeed but their position don't match the cloth at all so they must be here for other purposes (sockets or something else maybe).

Now for your issue. Basically there are two types of cloth in KT games :
-cloth type 1 : these have NUN sections associated to them and the necessary info to construct and simulate them are in these sections.
-cloth type 2 : these are little meshes (usually "dangling" parts) that have to be reconstructed in a different way. They are simulated in a different way with the swing physics engine and the necessary info for that is most likely in the swg file. If you're familiar with UE4, these are somewhat like animDynamics/rigidBodies
https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Eng ... index.html
https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Eng ... index.html

They have weights and bone indexes sometimes but these don't match the correct bone at all most of the time and it leads to completely deformed meshes. My assumption is that the weight and bone index buffers are used differently for them (like some channels used completely differently for NUN cloth meshes). I wanted to put them to 0 like I did with NUN meshes but it turns out that they sometimes work with the base armature : https://github.com/Joschuka/fmt_g1m/issues/6

So yeah you'd better export these and put all weights to 0 in your 3D software and then use physics sim/rerig the parts to accurately animate them. Since it seems to be all physics related I can't do much about it.
You can check this answer I gave to some user who had the same issue with Tifa for a more visual explanation https://github.com/Joschuka/fmt_g1m/iss ... -584847119

However if you find out that Daemon's tool deforms them correctly or has additional bones for these let me know, that'd mean I missed something. But I think our outputs match for these kinds of models.
Sundownsyndrome
ultra-n00b

yeah, daemon's script was able to spit out bones with weights, the caveat was basically we had to only drag and drop the model G1M itself onto the tool, rather than the skeleton G1M and model G1M. that's really where my assumption came in to begin with.

here's an example:

and it deforming:

the other caveat was that the skeleton or mesh had to be manually repositioned since these didn't get correctly placed, but cloth also did this on occasion.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

All right looks like I was quite wrong about this cloth type indeed, thanks for pointing that out.
I actually tried to only drag the g1m on daemon's tool but the ascii crashed on Noesis because of missing bones referenced by the vertices whereas you probably imported the ascii directly into Blender, so I completely missed that.
Going to see if I can find a way to put all of them at once, since there are overlapping local indices I'll need to find a good way to put all of them. I'll try to place them correctly too. I'll keep you updated.

Could you send me a few Berserk samples with the same issue for testing ?