Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Gran Turismo 6 Models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
markerfede
n00b

Re: Gran Turismo 6 Models

Post by markerfede »

Anyone a part of the Discord server that has the GT Sport 3d models? I've been trying to get access to the car models and tracks from latest updates?

Or if anyone could fill me in on how to do it myself, point me in the right direction!

Thanks!
medwed
advanced

Post by medwed »

Gentlemen! I have already unpacked the game.In which files will I find textures of better quality and how to extract them ? BIG THANKS !
x86fanboy
ultra-n00b

Post by x86fanboy »

StreetMode wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:43 pm Thank you for this great job,
I downloaded the full game, and extracted the gt.vol and I began to put the marks of cars on each folder, for those interested

I'm just going through all the cars now to find what I want, I'm curious if you labeled them manually or if there is some more efficient way of looking up cars? Some database file somewhere? One other post mentioned opening files in an editor, but to manually open each body to see what car it is seems a little tedious, especially if you're just looking for one model of car.
I hope that I'm missing something important here, either that or my workflow is just slower because I'm doing this all in a virtual machine.
Machinedramon
advanced

Post by Machinedramon »

So been lately trying to research gt tracks, specially akasaka.... And found an interesting lead... For now i have tried to rip geometry by dumping the ram of pcsx3 while loaded the game, and though it seems that indeed the geometry gets outputted as part of the information the game stores, its not too clear to understand where it begins or ends, so i tried to do a little test, parse a .shapestream through offzip, and i actually got an unziped file that does actually have a clear mesh geometry with fis and verts, and the most interesting, it does resemble the vertex data i found in the ram dump(24-byte arrays); although, it only decompresses a 72 kbs out of a 12 mb file... So maybe the compression is right but dunno what else can be done for a proper unpacking...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ryanjtm
ultra-n00b

Post by ryanjtm »

Wow, I'm so happy to see someone taking a crack at the track geometry, I hope it's going well
Machinedramon
advanced

Post by Machinedramon »

Well, just here doing some testing aaaaaand i might have found another really interesting lead, using the comtype scan of quick bms did actually manage to unpack a whole .shapestream, both mcomp3 and mcomp4 algorithms manage to output exactly the same results that offzip got(but 1990 times repeated, it might be lacking a TOC and thus why repeating the first element to output, maybe vvl is the toc), plus another extra thanks to the dedication of a friend that checked some files, the scapes/foto travel are located in the folder called char, for gt6 those are the "bg0(number)", in GTS those are both in hd form in the char folder, or a preview mesh on scapes folder inside char folder..... have fun! (those arent even compressed, with simple knowledge of how the struct works its kinda easy to get mesh info out of it, so far havent done a propper extraction script for mrp, but its doable

also texts in the scapes/foto travel might be on the same files, for the .textstreams might aswell try the comtypes that worked with shapestream
Captura.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Machinedramon
advanced

Post by Machinedramon »

moar research, seems that for some reason the tracks either have a slob or a mcomp(3 or 4) compression, offzip and the scan tool basically throw the same result, the mesh i showed before.
the padding for the meshes seem to be a bit unconsistend and complicated to calculate... not sure if there is any hint on the listing on the header, but id say most likely bg file struct is the kind of 3d model struct that the tracks might also use.
From what i have researched so far akasaka (c068) should be outputing a 200 mbs out of a 12 mbs xD kinda funky... here a preview of my research in bg014(valencia, now with texture and got uvs, names are also on the file, be it meshes or textures, you can basically see who did it from the texture path folder(project folders with modelers names), it was made in maya XDDDD
Machinedramon
advanced

Post by Machinedramon »

Also a little update with no previews, by doing a bit of teating im getting the textures out by basically stripping the dxt raw info and triming to the desired size, its kinda time wasting, kinda lazy to try and program something to do it for me :P
ryanjtm
ultra-n00b

Post by ryanjtm »

Great updates! Thanks for your hard work on this, I live in hope that one day we'll be able to extract track geometry.
Machinedramon
advanced

Post by Machinedramon »

Well, i have been already been able to.... precisely wanted to post an update, been working on akasaka and also on valencia, first of all, though i have been able to pull it out, its not easy, specially for tracks, the geometry is in various files, sky, road and simple stuff are with such names, that is the easy part, the scenery though, those are stored in the .shapestream files, but that is compressed, you can decompress with offzip, but wherever it finds a file it doesnt understand it stops suddenly, thus why i wasnt able to fully extract akasaka on the first try, i believe shapestream files use slob compression, that mcomp seems to have been an error or something, dunno much about compression methods, though there is a way to decompress, you have to check with offzip the working parts by using "offzip.exe -S -z -15 (here the name of the file).shapestream" it will scan the file and tell you the offsets in hexadecimal of the compressed streams, for akasaka, it seems the 2nd file gave some problem, so i did a script for mrp and stripped the files in all the compressed ones, decompressed them using offzip, 430 files, all the data for track parts... here an example

1 is the mesh i already showed before, 2 is the new mesh, it lines up perfectly, here another mesh

now as explanation as why this is harder than it seems, the extracted models barely have headers, if there is more than one mesh per file you have to check yourself and get the offsets, the padding on the vertex blocks is variable, even the uvs seem to be kinda weird, im not quite sure if it uses Short_signed ones or even Half_floats, i believe it varies depending on the type of mesh(materials structure?) havent been able to automate the process...

on the other hand i have worked lots on valencia mesh... here a preview of all the meshes i was able to extract (1420ish)

though again uvs are a fuck and needs a lot of hand work to fix the problems, also one interesting thing, while this meshes do have already the textures embeded on the main file, in the track files the textures are in texstream as other users already said, most likely the extraction method using offzip will be the same, check for usable data and isolate it, if the textures are the same as the ones in valencia(bgs) those will be in raw format, you can use dxt programs to open them and generate the propper dds...

lastly, here a preview of doing testing porting valencia to AC

Pupsik
ultra-n00b

Post by Pupsik »

Hi,
Help please

I am trying to extract the GT.VOL for Gran Turismo 6 using gttools and all I get this error "Unable to process volume"....

This is the command I used: D:\gt6vol\gttool.exe "D:\gt6vol\" GT6 "D:\gt6vol\"

I have Windows 10, 64bit

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME?! PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSEEEE?!!??!!?!?
Pupsik
ultra-n00b

Post by Pupsik »

Hi again.

I tried using a different version - gttool_dlc.

Now an error is issued:
Unable to process volume file.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Pupsik wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:02 am... I get this error "Unable to process volume"....
This is the command I used: D:\gt6vol\gttool.exe "D:\gt6vol\" GT6 "D:\gt6vol\"
So this method is if you have the VOL file from a disc version of the game.
Make sure to have at root folder a batch file, where the GT6.VOL file is alongside the gttool.exe, and where you want to dump the game, example:

Code: Select all

gttool.exe GT6.VOL GT6 E:\GT6_extracted
Pupsik wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:12 am ...I tried using a different version - gttool_dlc.

Now an error is issued:
Unable to process volume file.
The dlc version is ONLY working if you have the retail PS3 PKG version of the game alongside all its DLCs to dump everything the game has, and it will NOT work with the GT6.VOL file from a disc version of the game.
As it was already explained here in its main thread of both tools: viewtopic.php?p=152494#p152494
Pupsik
ultra-n00b

Post by Pupsik »

Oh, thank you very much! its now work :)
succha
ultra-n00b

Post by succha »

Hi
so how can I extract GT6 tracks?
use gttool? any command?