Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Alien Isolation (.PAK .BIN)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Alien Isolation (.PAK .BIN)

Post by volfin »

I haven't done anything with them. For me it's mostly the challenge of figuring out extraction and learning how the game engines work. However I do know a guy who made some kind of multiplayer map out of one the levels. he sent me a link years ago but I don't seem to have it anymore.

Edit: found it
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =817550789
guidkal
ultra-n00b

Post by guidkal »

That's pretty cool, although i have never played Black Ops 3. Still impressive. Thx for that link!

So one last question regarding Materials. I don't seem to be able to find any Material files in the AI game folder. (Background: I'd like to see which textures the respective materials use so that i can recreate those materials in my game engine. Without having this info the only way would be to trial and error different textures while trying to get the ingame look of AI.

The only thing i was abe to find is the Material_Mappings.PAK which contains the model -> material mappings, so e.g. walls_01.xml contains:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<material_mappings>
  <map>
    <original arrow="true">SCI_Plastic_Smooth_White</original>
    <override arrow="true">HAB_Metal_Smooth_Grey</override>
  </map>
  <map>
    <original arrow="true">SCI_Plastic_Gloss_White</original>
    <override arrow="true">HAB_Plastic_Smooth_Grey</override>
  </map>
  <map>
    <original arrow="true">SCI_Plastic_Smooth_White</original>
    <override arrow="true">HAB_Metal_Smooth_Grey</override>
  </map>
</material_mappings>
So now i know which materials are used by the wall model, however i do not know which tetures would make up those materials.

In DATA/Material_DATA we also have MATERIALS.XML and MATERIALS_LIST.TXT which also do not contain useful info regarding to textures.

Last thing i managed to find are the LEVEL_MODELS.MTL files in each /RENDERABLE folder of the levels. However i can not open those properly. only some fragments are readable as text. However they seem to contain at least the Material names, e.g. they contain "SCI_Plastic_Smooth_White" which is also contained in the above Wall_01.XML file. So maybe the .MTL files contain texture names in the parts of the file that are not plaintext.

Do you happen to know more on that front?

Cheers again!
DENver666
beginner

Post by DENver666 »

Please Help.I can't find textures on Torrens at the very beginning, when Ripley just wakes up and there's a monitor in front of her that says Please Sign In.Does anyone know where this texture lies?
dapotato
ultra-n00b

Post by dapotato »

volfin wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:32 am Minor update:
- Ensure Object mode is active before attempting import
- Validated functionality back to Blender version 2.70 (oldest supported)
Hi I installed this plugin on the latest blender 2.8x, but somehow it doesn't show up on the import list,
Is there any way to make it work? thanks!
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

Sorry Blender 2.8 is a completely new blender, they changed everything, including plugins. You'll have to use blender 2.79
dapotato
ultra-n00b

Post by dapotato »

volfin wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:20 pm Sorry Blender 2.8 is a completely new blender, they changed everything, including plugins. You'll have to use blender 2.79
great! it works! I was importing the geo without problems.
And now comes the 2nd question, how do I know the texture assignment?
Which goes to which?
Thanks!

Also I just found out there seems no way to multiple import objects?
I am trying to reconstruct one of the scenes, there are like several hundred objects.
Would be crazy to do it one by one.
Any ideas to speed up the import and the lookdev process?
Thanks!
JohnRWMarchant
ultra-n00b

Post by JohnRWMarchant »

dapotato wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:33 pm
volfin wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:20 pm Sorry Blender 2.8 is a completely new blender, they changed everything, including plugins. You'll have to use blender 2.79
Which goes to which?
Thanks!

I am trying to reconstruct one of the scenes, there are like several hundred objects.
Thanks!
So did you manage to extract rooms or whole levels, do they come out ok and not all bits placed at 0,0,0. If so i would love to know how you did it. Im not really interested in textures but the meshes for the likes of Mother, Dinning room and such would be great.
dapotato
ultra-n00b

Post by dapotato »

JohnRWMarchant wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:12 pm
dapotato wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:33 pm
Which goes to which?
Thanks!

Thanks!
So did you manage to extract rooms or whole levels, do they come out ok and not all bits placed at 0,0,0. If so i would love to know how you did it. Im not really interested in textures but the meshes for the likes of Mother, Dinning room and such would be great.
I was still trying. Volfin should know better. So far I only figured out how to bulk import the massive amount of pObj.
It seems to me that if you import all the thousands of pObjs you wont get what you see in the game.
They must have a particular way to populate the level so if we merely import all the raw assets, you will just get a mess of overlapping objects.
In the python import script that Volfin wrote, you can change the import setting on the translate value = false, so that it wont come in at the origin.
But it doesn't help much.

IMO, the best option is the D3DX ripper, like ninja ripper, but I tried several times with different attributes, it all came out messy and misplaced or missing a lot of parts. Most likely is cuz it only supports up to d3d11 and I'm using d3dx12, i suppose? If only the ripping works, that will save us a lot of time.
JohnRWMarchant
ultra-n00b

Post by JohnRWMarchant »

Same for me no problem ripping the parts, its just they are all orientated to 0,0,0, which is just a mess and hard to see where things fit.

I tried NR before and that did not fair any better, i only got partial captures and still a lot of stuff all over the place.
alpha gamer
ultra-n00b

Post by alpha gamer »

Ok I'm able to import the models into blender, and i also have a texture folder filled with all ripped textures. So here comes the dumb noob question, how do i match the textures with the models? I'm talking doors, panels etc. I used to rip with 3dripperx and never really managed to get anything to work with ninja ripper so this is the best i have come.
JohnRWMarchant
ultra-n00b

Post by JohnRWMarchant »

Are the models in parts or one whole object. If they are parts are they in their correct place in 3d space or all orientated to 0,0,0. Sorry dont know enough about Blender to know how to remap the textures in blender. Do it have UV maps.

Would be interested if you could share the models even without the textures.
Dushess
ultra-n00b

Post by Dushess »

Hello, I'm using latest AIPakTool and blender importer (2.79)
Some parts from Torrens meshgroup causes immediate crash "for no reason". Alt load doesn't change anything.
If you need logs, please tell where exactly are the logs.

I've touched model from Towing platform, we are right above the vessel, so it's his exterior model. The problem occurs on subbundle entry2299 for example, this picture contains it.
But entry2331 or entry2358 works just fine, as I've seen all of them is aux engine thruster module of something.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NoPantsMcDance
ultra-n00b

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

Would anyone be able to provide an obj file of the sevastopol staton please.
Dushess
ultra-n00b

Post by Dushess »

NoPantsMcDance wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:45 pm Would anyone be able to provide an obj file of the sevastopol staton please.
Which one? If it's possible to unpack and if it's really what you need.
fullinu
advanced

Post by fullinu »

Texture setup for this game is something, different from other games that I tried so far.
At least, for characters.
For example, extracting Marshal Waits all I got is _n and _d textures, I cannot even find specular map anywhere, and diffuse map looks like AO map.
also I don't know what vertex color represent in those models, my first thought were they used to add color, but nah, e.g. shirt have pink and purple color