Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Ring of Elysium maxscript

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
QandYou
ultra-n00b

Re: Ring of Elysium maxscript

Post by QandYou »

Thanks for the great script! A noob question: Is it possible to batch import .dfont files into scene?
ice
beginner

Post by ice »

Hi When I import the model ,Some can succeed,

But there are still some problems when importing models!
The model was stretched for no reason!
And there are many :(

Here is the attachment --- Format *.dat
fail.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Here's updated script, should import much more models (.dfont, .dat). I have bones and weights support, though I have no idea how to explain to majority of users how to find them :( They are nameless, have same .dat extension and you need to have basic hex editor knowledge to easily spot them. I'll try to figure out something xD
Screen of the not working sample from above.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Making model-import scripts, PM
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

QandYou wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:37 am Thanks for the great script! A noob question: Is it possible to batch import .dfont files into scene?
Yes, it's possible of course - but not a good idea for now, since some of not working .dfont or .dat could spoil whole process - 3d max will freeze, crash ect (if you at first check a batch of files and they will work it makes sense, to import them all, but it's pointless, since you already checked them lol). Later when script will cover most of models, I will do it or let you pick any amount of them in dialog window, not just one but - like 10 for example.
PeterZ
veteran

Post by PeterZ »

zaramot wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:13 pm Here's updated script, should import much more models (.dfont, .dat). I have bones and weights support, though I have no idea how to explain to majority of users how to find them :( They are nameless, have same .dat extension and you need to have basic hex editor knowledge to easily spot them. I'll try to figure out something xD

Remember that .QSG is also the model files too.There's a small problem when I use this script to find and open .QSG file.It doesn't appear.
For bones and weight,how about making a simple tutorial video?
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Could you pack .QSG samples for me? I can't extract game right now, don't have space. As for tutorial, if I will not figure out anything better I'll do it, weights are okay you don't need to do anything with them - just find skeletons.
PeterZ
veteran

Post by PeterZ »

zaramot wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:05 am Could you pack .QSG samples for me? I can't extract game right now, don't have space. As for tutorial, if I will not figure out anything better I'll do it, weights are okay you don't need to do anything with them - just find skeletons.
Here they are!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cpwnLf ... HuQ7R/view
VNLAthomas
ultra-n00b

Post by VNLAthomas »

Is there a way to do this without Max? I'm sorry if there is a thread somewhere about this, I couldn't find anything. I don't have max and it's kinda expensive lol :oops:
PeterZ
veteran

Post by PeterZ »

VNLAthomas wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:23 pm Is there a way to do this without Max? I'm sorry if there is a thread somewhere about this, I couldn't find anything. I don't have max and it's kinda expensive lol :oops:
Just run maxscript-import mesh-export mesh-import into blender/maya/UE4.
PeterZ
veteran

Post by PeterZ »

48464385 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:54 am
zaramot wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:13 pm Here's updated script, should import much more models (.dfont, .dat). I have bones and weights support, though I have no idea how to explain to majority of users how to find them :( They are nameless, have same .dat extension and you need to have basic hex editor knowledge to easily spot them. I'll try to figure out something xD
Remember that .QSG is also the model files too.There's a small problem when I use this script to find and open .QSG file.It doesn't appear.
For bones and weight,how about making a simple tutorial video?
Here's updated script, should import *.QSG models,but without skeleton.

@zaramot Is it time to make a tutorial on how to rig bones?
RokkuDayo
beginner

Post by RokkuDayo »

Í found 4 files inside ACTORS.SFC which I think handle skeletons somehow, kinda hard to know without the file names, I wanted to test them with your script but I have no idea how to make it read these files.
PeterZ
veteran

Post by PeterZ »

Hey,guys.I thought I found the animation list in .sfc file.It seems to be used in Moonlight Blade.May help to import animation.
SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Ring of Elysium\data_bas_0\DATA\CONFIG\SFC_ANIM.LST
SFC_ANIM.zip
You need this .vfs extractor instead of dzs_qq.bms to correctly get all files.
https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t= ... =20#p49017
PeterZ
veteran

Post by PeterZ »

I extractd some c++ headers from Ring of Elysium\SFC\Common.sfc and guess their filename by their #define
For anyone like me who want to study shader and restore them in UE4 :)

Btw, that .sfc file stored many macro including gamemode.

I wonder if bone weights logic are stored in QSSHADER_QSSkinning.h so that we can rebuild character skeleton meshes.
ROE.7z
djmffnman
ultra-n00b

Post by djmffnman »

I feel dumb for asking this, but this seems to be the only thread with information on the topic. I'm trying to extract the model for Big Joe, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to extract it.
Bradster
ultra-n00b

Post by Bradster »

Unfortunety I can't help, I've recreated both Hikage and Big Joe however spent many hours looking for the files :|

There is definitely a way of finding the weights just not a script kiddie ;c