Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Noesis g1m/g1t importer with animations (FETH, Dissidia, DOA6, FEW, HW...)

Post by Joschka »

First update released
-oid support added by Yretenai and S-ilent
-skeletons will now be lined up accordingly for all the meshes
-the G2A anim parser was slightly off and broke some animations, all anims should work correctly now
-new datatypes have been added for existing semantics
-new texture formats are now supported, including PS4 swizzled textures.

I am aware of some issues involving NUNO sections and bone index buffers, I wil look into them

Big thanks to Acewell for his scripts which I used as a reference for most of the new texture formats

Also my partner Yretenai released some tools to unpack/extract models compatible with this script, definitely check these out viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21679
Allanoon wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:31 pm It partially works with Deception IV Blood Ties PS3 (Kagero Dark Side Princess with Steven's machine), the meshes are loaded but require to load the skeleton, Texture throws this error (although they can be extracted with Steven's machine i guess)
The first and last error you mentionned should be fixed with the last update. I am aware of the second one and will look into it. Thank you for testing the script.
Allanoon wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:31 pm 2- I noticed that out of the 186 animations extracted (Lizalfos enemy) only the 1st 95 works, the others area loaded but break the model are they like... additive animations or.. what? :o
I'm not 100% sure but we saw that some g1a are used for camera animations in DOA6 and in some games g1a can be used for morph targets. As of now the parser considers that it's a skeletal anim everytime which can probably lead to some really weird results. We'll look more into it.
Darkhowlings wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:27 am Small question:
Why when I load a model from NT, the texture come all like in lines? Beside that UV actually work, just the texture come out like that (and still don't know were the animation are lol, but, me ok)
I didn't have support for PS4 textures at that time as that tool was developped with the PC version. Use Yretenai's utilities to unpack the animations.
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

Awesome :keke: !

Even do, I'm still wonder how they end extracting the steam version of NT, I remember it was impossible to unpack it...
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

Darkhowlings wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:27 am Small question:
Why when I load a model from NT, the texture come all like in lines? Beside that UV actually work, just the texture come out like that (and still don't know were the animation are lol, but, me ok)
Which textures?
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

Darkhowlings wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:57 pm Awesome :keke: !

Even do, I'm still wonder how they end extracting the steam version of NT, I remember it was impossible to unpack it...
My toolsuite Cethleann has a program called Ninja.DataExtractor.exe, which can decompress the files. You can find the link to the post in my signature, but it requires some command line usage knowledge.

Code: Select all

Ninja.DataExtractor.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT Free Edition" "C:\DFFNT"
in other words usage is:

Code: Select all

Ninja.DataExtractor.exe "path to DFFNT FE install folder" "path to export folder"
I'm a little anxious sharing this, I don't want them to change the way the files are compressed and having this tool might lead to just that. They could also just DMCA my repository.
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

Yeah, I've told on private about the tool and how use it, but, I thank you & Joschka for take time on answer me too.
Allanoon
veteran

Post by Allanoon »

Joschka wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:13 pm
Allanoon wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:31 pm It partially works with Deception IV Blood Ties PS3 (Kagero Dark Side Princess with Steven's machine), the meshes are loaded but require to load the skeleton, Texture throws this error (although they can be extracted with Steven's machine i guess)
The first and last error you mentionned should be fixed with the last update. I am aware of the second one and will look into it. Thank you for testing the script.
Allanoon wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:31 pm 2- I noticed that out of the 186 animations extracted (Lizalfos enemy) only the 1st 95 works, the others area loaded but break the model are they like... additive animations or.. what? :o
I'm not 100% sure but we saw that some g1a are used for camera animations in DOA6 and in some games g1a can be used for morph targets. As of now the parser considers that it's a skeletal anim everytime which can probably lead to some really weird results. We'll look more into it.
Nono, thank YOU i LOVE model viewing and having quite a bunch of games to see is always nice !
Unfortunately imma gona pester you with errors and such, apologize, bear with me :P

Regarding Kagero: yes! Textures now work and .g1a animation seems to be loading too (but are few and doesn't work on models i guess they regard something else) .g2a still throw the error of my previous post.

Fist of the North Star 2: Texture loads but are horribles https://i.imgur.com/88pYVpg.png Models mostly works except for bodies, those give this error
Animations are .g2a and give an error "similar" to Kagero

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3: Almost everything works, but for some models the body gives this error

Some games: Textures loads but Diffuse one are visualized much like kenshiro textures.

Here are the files which i talked about in case you need them.

Yretenai wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:11 pm
Allanoon wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:31 pm 1- Could someone point me out how to extract animations properly? I decrypt the file with daemon1 tool, Then i used the same method of Nioh, Cut/Paste in HxD but manualy doing so to extract 1xx file is... ugly :D
Use my tool Cethleann https://github.com/healingbrew/Cethlean ... ts/1421065, drag the decrypted motion bin.gz file into Cethleann.Unbundler.exe.
Read more about it here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21679
You're a lifesaver! thank you for your tools! Looking forward those extractors <3
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

Allanoon wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:45 am Some games: Textures loads but Diffuse one are visualized much like kenshiro textures.
Already fixed in the latest version, Kenshiro still borked.
I'm looking into Kenshiro textures, might have to do with the fact it's a BE file.

Edit: Yep. The texture data is endian flipped. Will be fixed next update.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

New update
-Xbox 360 texture support has been added
-If a model was supposed to have several g1t files it won't crash anymore because of missing indexes.
-Morph target support. Choose a G1H file and an offset in the parameters and it'll output all of them. Thanks to S-ilent for his research on the format.
Allanoon wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:45 am
Nono, thank YOU i LOVE model viewing and having quite a bunch of games to see is always nice !
Unfortunately imma gona pester you with errors and such, apologize, bear with me :P
Hehe no problem. You have a bunch of BE games and platforms we didn't have samples from so it's nice to be able to work on these.
Allanoon wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:45 am Regarding Kagero: yes! Textures now work and .g1a animation seems to be loading too (but are few and doesn't work on models i guess they regard something else) .g2a still throw the error of my previous post.
Textures should now be ok with the last update. g1a animation are probably for cameras or fields, in DOA all anims are in G2A whereas g1a is only for camera. I can confirm the error, I'm pretty sure it comes from the fact that it's Big Endian, we didn't have BE samples for animations, I'll take a look.
Allanoon wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:45 am Fist of the North Star 2: Texture loads but are horribles Models mostly works except for bodies, those give this error
Yes, this was because we didn't have X360 texture support. Yretenai added it so it should work fine. The error came from the fact that only g1t containing all textures for the models were supported, if they were split in 2 g1ts or more it crashed. It should now work with crashes but you won't be able to load all of them at once for now. You will have to export them separately.
Allanoon wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:45 am One Piece Pirate Warriors 3: Almost everything works, but for some models the body gives this error
Ah yes I'm aware of this error on some models, this will be the next thing I'll look into.
Allanoon wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:45 am Some games: Textures loads but Diffuse one are visualized much like kenshiro textures.
Most X360, PS4, ETC1 (mobile), Vita, Switch and PC textures should now load fine with the last update. WiiU swizzle is still unsupported but you can use Switch Toolbox for them
Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko »

Stupid question about DOA6, the breasts are not rigged or they are influeced by the softbodies engine?
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Darko wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:52 am Stupid question about DOA6, the breasts are not rigged or they are influeced by the softbodies engine?
That's not a stupid question at all

Similarly to NUNO/NUNV for cloth, DOA6 (and other games) have SOFT and HAIR chunks that contain the necessary info for simulation.
For breasts the SOFT chunks are used. From what we discovered it would be probably be possible to construct physics bones similarly to what we did for the cloth drivers with NUNO/NUNV. We may look into it at some point, I'd like to fix the few NUN sections issues before that though
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

Joschka wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:31 pm
Darko wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:52 am Stupid question about DOA6, the breasts are not rigged or they are influeced by the softbodies engine?

Similarly to NUNO/NUNV for cloth, DOA6 (and other games) have SOFT and HAIR chunks that contain the necessary info for simulation.
For breasts the SOFT chunks are used. From what we discovered it would be probably be possible to construct physics bones similarly to what we did for the cloth drivers with NUNO/NUNV. We may look into it at some point, I'd like to fix the few NUN sections issues before that though
That happen with NT hair too, no?
Or on NT they simple don't have?
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

Darkhowlings wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:40 am
Joschka wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:31 pm

That happen with NT hair too, no?
Or on NT they simple don't have?
NT uses animated hair, not simulated.
ngovandang
veteran

Post by ngovandang »

Cloth meshes all are broken or disappeared for Fatal Frame Maiden of Black water G1Ms
Can you check this?
Also, how do you extract animations?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Script updated
-Yretenai managed to figure out more about the materials and textures, the models will now have have normal maps automatically mapped and more
-Fixed the bone index buffer bug, models with this issue should now load fine
ngovandang wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:54 am Cloth meshes all are broken or disappeared for Fatal Frame Maiden of Black water G1Ms
Can you check this?
Also, how do you extract animations?
I will eventually but not soon, I discovered some issues with the way I compute cloth and the NUN sections but I don't want to work on it right now, these are really annoying to deal with. Next fixes are the G2A Big endian and the second layers of blendweights that I overlooked then Persona 5 S will have my whole attention. So unless P5S really needs it I won't update it in the next days.

You need G1A/G2A, don't know what your game uses. If your game has G2A you'll need to wait for my Big Endian fix since it seems to be a WiiU game. Use Yretenai's utilities to get them, they're probably in a GAPK or something
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

Joschka wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:28 pm Script updated
-Yretenai managed to figure out more about the materials and textures, the models will now have have normal maps automatically mapped and more
-Fixed the bone index buffer bug, models with this issue should now load fine
My heart... my heart, I don't feel it after seeing this glorious update!
Yretenai wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:12 am NT uses animated hair, not simulated.
I see, thanks again for the info!