Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post by Joschka »

Important info first :
  • If you used the python script before and want to use the new C++ plugin, make sure to delete the former
  • If Noesis crashes when using that plugin, DO NOT SEND the crash report, even though you're asked to. This is not a Noesis problem, it's a plugin issue so it'll be a false positive report, instead make a post on that thread or on the github repo

Features :
  • Loads g1m model files
  • Merges split g1m model files automatically, removing duplicate bones and preserving everything. All physics bones/meshes are merged seamlessly.
  • Loads g1t texture files, either independently or applied to a model
  • Supports the recent G2A animation format and the old G1A format. For both of them, only skeletal animations are supported for now. Additive animations (provided it's relative to the rest pose) are supported.
  • Big Endian and Little Endian support
  • Physics bones for hair strands and accessories correctly extracted and rigged to the main armature
  • NUNO type 1, NUNO type 3, NUNV type 1, NUNS type 1 physics meshes supported. The physics nodes and their associated "driver" meshes are respectively exported as bones and blank meshes, correctly rigged to the base armature.
You can access the plugin's options by clicking on the "Tools" pannel in Noesis :
  • Merge all assets in the same folder : Self explanatory. That option will take every g1m, g1t, g1a, g2a, oid file in the folder and merge them accordingly.
  • Only models when merging : If the above option is set to true, only the g1m files will be merged together.
  • Select G1T when non/partial merge : When loading model files only, ask for a g1t file per "true" model. This is useful if the game has the texture file in a separate folder and you don't want to copy it to the model folder everytime for all the models.
  • Additive animations : The animations will be loaded as additive anims. As of now only additive anims on top of the base pose are supported. Only use this if the animation doesn't look right (DOA6 facial anims for example).
  • Process vertex colors : Self explanatory
  • Display physics drivers : Self explanatory, only relevant when the model has some "NUN" sections
  • Disable NUN nodes : NUN bones and drivers won't be in the final model at all, not just hidden
Now a few notes about merging, 2 merge types are supported :
  • The "classic" split g1m files, where the skeleton is in its own g1m file and the geometry in one or several other g1ms. There's a single g1t file for all of these. To get that model correctly with all the parts, just set the merge option to true, and open whatever g1m
  • The "complete" g1m files. For example in DOA6 and FETH head and body are in separate g1m files but each one of them has the skeleton, geometry and an associated g1t file. Merging those is supported too : place all the g1m and their g1t files in a single folder and use the merge options.
That's pretty much it.

Native Noesis C++ plugin : https://github.com/Joschuka/Project-G1M/releases/latest

Old python script (deprecated, only use if the new plugin doesn't work) : https://github.com/Joschuka/fmt_g1m

Additionnal credits (for the last version):
-Rich Whitehouse, for making such a great tool in the first place and for all the help he gave me when writing the plugin. The latter wouldn't be nearly as complete without all the handy functions and interfaces available in Noesis.
-Chrrox for all the general Noesis help.
-Eternity/Vagonumero13 for some new format findings during the last months.
-Kerilk, Yretenai, PredatorCZ and Rich for the Noesis C++ plugin samples.
-Raytwo for finding the flag to discriminate between split and non split models.
-DeathChaos25, Moonling, mono24, Allanoon and einherjar007 for testing and reporting bugs.

Credits (first version):
-My partner Yretenai who helped me by providing me samples, figuring out the formats with me, developping custom tools and writing binary templates.
-Semory/Howfie who did a phenomenal job figuring out most of the g1m/g1t formats, the gas machine source code was my main reference when working on the plugin.
-Chrrox and Rich Whitehouse for their help during the development and their Noesis scripts that I used as reference.
-Acewell for his Noesis scripts for various texture formats that I used as reference.
-VitaSmith for the gust-tools which helped us for g1t
-Ploaj for his work on cloth type 1, which helped me to better understand the computation needed for this cloth type
-Daemon's NT Tool, which output was used as reference for some models.
-Eternity, who we teamed up with to figure out the animation formats.
-PredatorCZ for his help on the animation binary template when we hit a dead end.
-Delguoqing for his research on g1a
-S-ilent, who provided me some BE samples and pushed me to add BE support.
-DeathChaos who provided me samples, tested the plugin and proposed some features.
-Demonslayerx8 for a lot of testing and samples sharing.
Last edited by Joschka on Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:28 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Demonslayerx8
veteran

Re: Noesis g1m/g1t importer with animations (FETH, Dissidia, DOA6, FEW, HW...)

Post by Demonslayerx8 »

oh this is actually nice, but seems like MUA3 has meshes not lined up with the boneset

If ya like, I can send ya a few samples, maybe some uncompressed files too?

edit:
also doing Merger gives me this

G1M's for Vision (along with G1T) here
lolwatt
veteran

Post by lolwatt »

May I know what games have you tested your tool with?

I'm interested in testing the ones you did not try yet, possibly increasing your compatibility list. :P
This is pretty nice
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

demonslayerx8 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:35 pm oh this is actually nice, but seems like MUA3 has meshes not lined up with the boneset

If ya like, I can send ya a few samples, maybe some uncompressed files too?

edit:
also doing Merger gives me this

G1M's for Vision (along with G1T) here
Thank you for the samples, seems like some blendweight issue. I probably missed some semantics, will take a look at the files when I have some time.

Merging works for me, the above error happens when you don't provide a valid skeleton.
lolwatt wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:29 pm May I know what games have you tested your tool with?

I'm interested in testing the ones you did not try yet, possibly increasing your compatibility list. :P
This is pretty nice
Pretty much all of my testing samples were from Fire emblem three houses, dissidia NT and hyrule warriors. I also tried a few atelier models here and there, feel free to report any issue you have with any game with the tool so I can add support to it. The game I'm currently focusing on is DOA6, most models work fine but there are some issues.
Demonslayerx8
veteran

Post by Demonslayerx8 »

lolwatt wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:29 pm May I know what games have you tested your tool with?

This is pretty nice
I've been testing it thoroughly, and here's my list
-Warriors All Stars[PC]
-Warriors Orochi 4[Switch]
-Hyrule Warriors[WiiU]/Definitive Edition[Switch]
--->Animations work
-Fire Emblem Warriors[Switch]
--->Animations work; G2A for Body, G1A for face
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3[Switch] (main model needs to be aligned to boneset tho)
--->Animations work; G2A Format
-Fire Emblem Three Houses[Switch]
-One Piece Pirate Warriors 3[PC] (same issue as MUA3)
-Samurai Warriors 4-II[PC]
-Berserk and the Band of the Hawk[PC] (same issue as MUA3, some models have weight issue's)
Last edited by Demonslayerx8 on Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allanoon
veteran

Post by Allanoon »

Fantastic Tool, thank you!
EDITED: It works with Toukiden Kiwami (meshes, anim, texture too i supose), will try with Toukiden 2 too, for big bosses you need to enable manual skeleton loading or it'll throw an error (just needed to read better ^^")

Question 2: is there an "easy" way to identify the animation or the best bet is "load everything"? xD
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Allanoon wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:29 am Fantastic Tool, thank you!
EDITED: It works with Toukiden Kiwami (meshes, anim, texture too i supose), will try with Toukiden 2 too, for big bosses you need to enable manual skeleton loading or it'll throw an error (just needed to read better ^^")

Question 2: is there an "easy" way to identify the animation or the best bet is "load everything"? xD
Glad you like it, thank you for testing the script on these games.

Unfortunately most KT games won't have filenames so yeah I'd the say the best solution for now if your extractor doesn't provide some would be :
-load whole folders of animations
-check the results on preview
-when you see an animation you like, pause and check at which frame you are (top right)
-open the data viewer (tool/data viewer) and check the Animation section, you'll have the start and end frame of each animation, enabling you to get the animation name
-put all of the animations you want in a folder, load them all, export

Good luck !
Crazy31139
veteran

Post by Crazy31139 »

Hello, need help, maybe i dont understand
i use latest version Noesis4417, copy two files .py in noesisv4417\plugins\python
try star noesis.exe and see this error
tool_merge.py and fmt_g1m.py, same error too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

you did not download the files you saved the webpage of the files.
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

Small question:
Why when I load a model from NT, the texture come all like in lines? Beside that UV actually work, just the texture come out like that (and still don't know were the animation are lol, but, me ok)
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

what version are you using ps4 or pc?
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

chrrox wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:28 am what version are you using ps4 or pc?
PS4.
Wait, now it is possible to unpack Steam version?
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

Darkhowlings wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:41 pm
chrrox wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:28 am what version are you using ps4 or pc?
PS4.
Wait, now it is possible to unpack Steam version?
You can dump textures from memory.

On an aside: I noticed something interesting with G1T textures, if people could PM me G1T samples from different platforms I'd appreciate it.
Allanoon
veteran

Post by Allanoon »

Hi Again, I tested the program with some other games~
So yeah Toukiden 2 perfectly works too!
The Program also work with BladeStorm Nightmare (unpacked with Steven's gas machine)
It also work with Nioh, i can load Textures and models after extracting with daemon1 tool, Animations seems to be working too (they're packed together i manually extracted them with HxD). Unfortunately the bms script doesn't extract everything and everything is a mess so i stopped looking.

It partially works with Deception IV Blood Ties PS3 (Kagero Dark Side Princess with Steven's machine), the meshes are loaded but require to load the skeleton, Texture throws this error (although they can be extracted with Steven's machine i guess)
There some G1A anim and various G2A too, both give errors when trying to load them
G1A
G2A
If You're interestend in taking a look i can up them.

And now 2 OT questiong regarding Hyrule Warriors:
1- Could someone point me out how to extract animations properly? I decrypt the file with daemon1 tool, Then i used the same method of Nioh, Cut/Paste in HxD but manualy doing so to extract 1xx file is... ugly :D
2- I noticed that out of the 186 animations extracted (Lizalfos enemy) only the 1st 95 works, the others area loaded but break the model are they like... additive animations or.. what? :o
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

Allanoon wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:31 pm 1- Could someone point me out how to extract animations properly? I decrypt the file with daemon1 tool, Then i used the same method of Nioh, Cut/Paste in HxD but manualy doing so to extract 1xx file is... ugly :D
Use my tool Cethleann https://github.com/healingbrew/Cethlean ... ts/1421065, drag the decrypted motion bin.gz file into Cethleann.Unbundler.exe.
Read more about it here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21679