Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Detroit Become Human tools (PC, PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
redcomet
advanced

Re: Detroit Become Human tools

Post by redcomet »

Hey guys, i am new to this thread.

Just bought Heavy rain on epic store and was wondering if anyone could kindly send me the tool that works for HR via private message?

And would it be possible to have a repack tool so that we can have some fun modding QD games?

Thanks!
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

redcomet wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:30 am Just bought Heavy rain on epic store and was wondering if anyone could kindly send me the tool that works for HR via private message?
I think you're lucky.
I don't know if there are other tools for HR? As far as I know, the BTS tool is able to export the HR game.

I have enough resources on this subject. But I must say that I have never used these tools to export HR. (It works at BTS.) And but I have to say that I don't know if it works from the PC version.

File:: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nrrgq5 ... zmEF_/view Now it's up to you to try them.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=11411&hilit=Heavy+rain If you're looking for a vehicle here, I can't find it anywhere. Please let me know if you find it. :-)
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

TSelman61X wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:28 pm I don't know if there are other tools for HR?
my tool was only made for PS3 version (both games)
i never had time to modify it for PS4 or PC versions
especially considering that main characters were not higher poly than original PS3 models
redcomet
advanced

Post by redcomet »

TSelman61X wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:28 pm
redcomet wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:30 am Just bought Heavy rain on epic store and was wondering if anyone could kindly send me the tool that works for HR via private message?
I think you're lucky.
I don't know if there are other tools for HR? As far as I know, the BTS tool is able to export the HR game.

Thank you for the collection! i will play it around to see if it works for the pc port.

I had BTS on PS3, not planning to buy it on PC except there is a big sale.
Ama84
ultra-n00b

Post by Ama84 »

Hey y'all!

I've been watching this thread since it first started and it's great to see what came out of it.
I recently moved and didn't have Internet for a while and when DBH was released for PC I bought it, hoping there would be modding/extracting tools.

Seeing that there isn't any new content it doesn't really make sense to update the tools to work with the PC release.

I'm just playing around with Blender as a private hobby and also rip some models here and there for fun.
So, my question is: Could anyone help me finding the PS4 files of DBH? I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks and greetings!

EDIT: Got the files, thanks a lot! :]
ArtyDoesStuff
n00b

Post by ArtyDoesStuff »

Howdy!

Been a bit of a lurker and only recently joined, but I've been watching this forum for a while. Sadly, I've noticed that there aren't any tools for the PC version, and while it would be more convenient for a LOT of people, let's be honest, it's nothing more than upgraded meshes and textures-though maybe we'd be able to extract more from it. Anyhow, I've been using Blender for about three years now as a hobby, but I've also got really into ripping games, and at this point you could say it's my work.

I've got a huge thing for DBH, really: visuals are some of the best I've seen in years, and I would love to take a crack at making my own ports-and not resorting to downloading half-assed XNALara ports that you see all over deviantART (which is in of itself ironic considering the subject matter), so might I be PMed the files? It would be a great help for me!

Thanks! :D

~Arty
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ArtyDoesStuff wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:36 pm half-assed XNALara ports that you see all over deviantART
can you name a few examples of that?
ArtyDoesStuff
n00b

Post by ArtyDoesStuff »

Nvm, did some more looking into the issues and it turns out that it's honestly what it is, which is annoying-i'm no node master, and I'm used to Unreal Engine and Unity ripping, so that's probably why I thought they were half-assed. Just a bit of mild frustration with not understanding what was going on, though I did notice that there were some maps for like the hair and stuff I didn't see that I think should be there, but since I've never actually gone into the files myself I wouldn't know. I do know, though, that stuff like specular maps don't exist from comments I've seen on this thread-which is kinda why I wanted to rip the PC version, it may provide us with better capability to do more research on maps and how they work if it hasn't been done already.

Sorry for coming off like a bitch though, I'm cranky as hell in the morning :P
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

ArtyDoesStuff wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:37 am Nvm, did some more looking into the issues and it turns out that it's honestly what it is, which is annoying-i'm no node master, and I'm used to Unreal Engine and Unity ripping, so that's probably why I thought they were half-assed. Just a bit of mild frustration with not understanding what was going on, though I did notice that there were some maps for like the hair and stuff I didn't see that I think should be there, but since I've never actually gone into the files myself I wouldn't know. I do know, though, that stuff like specular maps don't exist from comments I've seen on this thread-which is kinda why I wanted to rip the PC version, it may provide us with better capability to do more research on maps and how they work if it hasn't been done already.

Sorry for coming off like a bitch though, I'm cranky as hell in the morning :P
It's most likely a packed PBR texture nobody bothered to figure out. Not many games just flat out ship a specular map anymore, it's always packed or calculated from another texture. Or they just went full into metallic/roughness/detail mapping like everyone is doing.

I'm trying to see if I can write a bms script for BigFiles in a way that makes sense but Quantic doesn't make sense.
CobraGamer
advanced

Post by CobraGamer »

I can't be the only one who wants to start actually modding the game, and not just extract resources from it.
Surely there must be somebody around who is capable of making a unpacking/repacking tool?
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

CobraGamer wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:01 pm I can't be the only one who wants to start actually modding the game, and not just extract resources from it.
Surely there must be somebody around who is capable of making a unpacking/repacking tool?
The BigFiles aren't particularly complex, but no one really understands the format they used on PC yet.
Before we can do unpacking/repacking we have to figure out how these files are assembled.
Jeszs
ultra-n00b

Post by Jeszs »

Someone changed the models already. Does someone know anything how he might have done it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJkRPgFc0JQ
CobraGamer
advanced

Post by CobraGamer »

They linked this group in the video description: https://vk.com/theleonx_drawing_and_modding
kotn3l
veteran

Post by kotn3l »

CobraGamer wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:58 pm They linked this group in the video description: https://vk.com/theleonx_drawing_and_modding
Yes, but he's replacing it for money, like charges 15 dollars per character lmao.
WPH93
n00b

Post by WPH93 »

Could anyone share the Detroit Become Human PS4 files with me? I searched them online for a long time but no result. :(