Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Warframe Online MaxScript

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
medcorn
ultra-n00b

Re: Warframe Online MaxScript

Post by medcorn »

All of the textures ARE coming out okay from NinjaRipper. Can't say the same for the other one since I haven't used it. The textures for Warframes in particular (not sure about other things) all come in one file except for normal mapping. All the textures, including the tint-masks are in one file, just on the color channels for some reason.
Excalibur textures, as an example: https://imgur.com/a/Hu9OoBp
The tint masks are all in one layer, and have to be separated into four.
If there is a way to get textures from the cache files of the game as well, it would be much appreciated, as certain things in-game cannot be accessed through NinjaRipper.
Gurobase
ultra-n00b

Post by Gurobase »

medcorn wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:42 am All of the textures ARE coming out okay from NinjaRipper. Can't say the same for the other one since I haven't used it. The textures for Warframes in particular (not sure about other things) all come in one file except for normal mapping. All the textures, including the tint-masks are in one file, just on the color channels for some reason.
Excalibur textures, as an example: https://imgur.com/a/Hu9OoBp
The tint masks are all in one layer, and have to be separated into four.
If there is a way to get textures from the cache files of the game as well, it would be much appreciated, as certain things in-game cannot be accessed through NinjaRipper.
The grayscale info stored in separate RGB channels on that texture isn't a tint mask.
It's a roughness/AO/probably metallic info stored in an RGB mask. (Maybe specularity map too, needs testing to see which is what tbh)
Not sure about the alpha channel, but that's definitely not a tint mask.
Tint mask has clear red, green and blue separated islands.
Here's an example of an actual tint mask in WF. Clear red, green and blue islands without any detail.
medcorn
ultra-n00b

Post by medcorn »

The other textures aren't what I was trying to call a tint mask. The alpha channel when broken into separate layers functions essentially the same, if it isn't a tint mask. This is what I meant. Here, by breaking it up and putting the layers together, then changing their colors:

I've also renamed the layers to their ingame names, and put them over a base texture for reference. By changing the layer modes to overlay, we get a better view:

Maybe I found a dumb way that just works. Unsure. I'm also sure this isn't exactly how it's done. But, with a bit of fiddling with other textures as well I've done things in Blender in the past:

Clearly I need a bit more experience in getting the textures working properly but I've mostly just been screwing around with them.
PredatorCZ
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by PredatorCZ »

Texture tinting is usually done by lerping/mixing.
For example:

Code: Select all

// lerp(color1, color2, alpha)
tint = lerp(color1, color2, R_Channel);
tint = lerp(tint, color3, G_Channel);
tint = lerp(tint, color4, B_Channel);
Tint is then multiplied or averaged into diffuse texture, like:

Code: Select all

diffuse = diffuseTexture * tint;
//OR by averaging
diffuse = (diffuseTexture + tint) / 2;
Whichever looks better.
medcorn
ultra-n00b

Post by medcorn »

I've got a question regarding Warframe Operator head models in particular. When the model files are extracted, the H cache has every head type listed, though the B cache only has 6 varying head meshes.

H.Misc.cache
B.Misc.cache

I'm curious as to if the other heads are in some strange way based off the meshes of the 6 available? And if so, how could they be used? If I could access all of the available heads, I could blend them with shape keys or something in a way similar to in-game.

Another odd thing: NinjaRipper will only rip say, female head A or male head A, even if they are not present in the frame. Yet another thing that makes me think they are all based off of one mesh somehow.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Yup, warframe using morphs, basically base head mesh is the same, that's why NR ripping it too, as you said. Face aren't using facial rig, so basically they don't need specific skeleton and since they have same polygon/vertex count they don't need separate info files, that explain mismatch between two folders - in one there's more files, than in another
Making model-import scripts, PM
medcorn
ultra-n00b

Post by medcorn »

zaramot wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:51 am Yup, warframe using morphs, basically base head mesh is the same, that's why NR ripping it too, as you said. Face aren't using facial rig, so basically they don't need specific skeleton and since they have same polygon/vertex count they don't need separate info files, that explain mismatch between two folders - in one there's more files, than in another
Now this brings up the question of whether or not it's possible to actually use said morphs, outside of the game? Or is something like this exclusive to the game? Are the files in H.Misc.cache even related to the morphs? The only information I can read in H.Misc.cache on these heads are for textures and shaders.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a fool. Found some stuff on morphs in the more generic looking files in those folders. Now, how do they work?

OperatorHeadFemale_skel.fbx
jetomawolf
ultra-n00b

Post by jetomawolf »

Hi to all,
how can I open fbx (of cache extracted) files?

Thanks to all!
DFliyerz
ultra-n00b

Post by DFliyerz »

Hi Zaramot, do you think you could make a version of the MaxScript just for importing props? I've found that trying to get props via ninjaripper is a huge pain due to all the duplicates, and think that using the cache files would make things a lot simpler.
TheDeadBody
ultra-n00b

Post by TheDeadBody »

Could someone rip for me the Nidus Night Hunter skin Model? And one little Question if you havethe Model and texures can you like colour them bc I can't rip them bc Warframe is yelling at bme with Ninjaripper to open in Launcher and shit.. you know.. and second thing I dont have the skin ingame with my cool colours .. (One little texture thing you know)

I would really appriciate it if someone would Rip the Nidus Model with Night Hunter skin on it.. :D
cyber212
ultra-n00b

Post by cyber212 »

@zaramot warfame_bones not working
can you fix it ?
xtiger
advanced

Post by xtiger »

Hello everyone, I'm sorry that I haven't logged in this forum for a long time.Because I was sick, I had an operation, I'm recovering now, it's like a new version of the game, I haven't logged in for a long time.My family won't let me play.They warned me of the need for rest.Thank you for your concern about this topic. Many people have died from the epidemic since last year. I hope you can stay healthy.Let's continue this topic when we have time.
Portugalotaku
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Portugalotaku »

Hey, just wanted to ask if anyone is interested in figuring out how to extract the level tiles. I am willing to pay for it.
Portugalotaku
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Portugalotaku »

zaramot wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:22 pm Here is a MMO Warframe import script for 3ds Max.
Site: https://warframe.com
Supported:
Geometry
UV's
Bones+Weights
Not Supported:
Textures
Materials

Here's tool by GMMan http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10782 to extract game content from .cache archives

B.Misc.cache - all models
H.Misc.cache - all reference files for models (small files with same name as model files, they should be imported first, then model files)

Sorry to ping this 9 years later, but I went ahead and downloaded an old copy of the warframe client for compatibility with this script, but it doesn't seem to support static meshes. How would I got about opening those?
09williamsad
veteran

Post by 09williamsad »

Portugalotaku wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:48 pm
Sorry to ping this 9 years later, but I went ahead and downloaded an old copy of the warframe client for compatibility with this script, but it doesn't seem to support static meshes. How would I got about opening those?
The tools were updated a while ago, look in the Warframe models discord https://discord.com/invite/Jk3xA2T
My archive of models, audio, textures etc: <Link removed due to site policy> Google my username to find it.