Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Far Cry Primal models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Delsiks
ultra-n00b

Re: Far Cry Primal models

Post by Delsiks »

bouvrie wrote:Are you unpacking with Fino's Dunia unpacker? It should have a more complete filelist that'll name the unknown files correctly.
Hi,
I was not, I was using the fcp_unpack.exe from this thread. What is this tool used for then?
Thank you though! I've used Fino's unpacker and have been checking out some models in blender.

On the dialog, it seems they are in .dsc and .ai.rml files which I've not found much info into opening/converting. Is anyone familiar with how one would get these sound/voice files?
bouvrie
advanced

Post by bouvrie »

On one hand there's the tool to unpack. Both tools unpack fine, but they also need a list of filenames to make sense of the data inside the archive. Fino's tool release comes with a more complete filelist out of the box.

I think voice/sound files should actually be in soundbinary/ , in *.spk and *.sbao files. 'm not into asset modding much, but that's the common place.
fn2505
ultra-n00b

Post by fn2505 »

Hi everyone, I'm a noob. How to use the unpacker exactly?
glowattack
ultra-n00b

Post by glowattack »

hello i want use some creatures, but i dont know how to fix the uv issue, anybody can help me with that??? is an obj file, i was try in blender and 3ds max to but i dont get the uv works right......... :( sorry for my english
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
usabdt
advanced

Post by usabdt »

Which scenario is extracted using 3d model? Please give me the script
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BigTinz
ultra-n00b

Post by BigTinz »

Is there a functional .xbg viewer for Far Cry 2 models? I've looked all over the website and tried scripts and plugins for Blender, Noesis, etc. and none of them work.

Can anyone help?
Viatrix
ultra-n00b

Post by Viatrix »

So how to decode non-english oasisstring for Far Cry Primal :?: :?: :?:
zweihard
ultra-n00b

Post by zweihard »

Any news on the animations front?
bouvrie
advanced

Post by bouvrie »

For Far Cry series modding, check the Far Cry Modding Discord
baoenzo
ultra-n00b

Post by baoenzo »

Hello, how to repack common.fat ? after repack common.fat. Game wii crash
jlecoultre
ultra-n00b

Post by jlecoultre »

volfin wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:50 pm I tried your 3 examples, all loaded fine, without error. And have UVs included.

So I don't really know what to say, other than are you sure you have the latest version of the importer?
I have the same problem, the buildings do not have UV's. Maybe it is because I extracted the files with Dunia Tools? I tried to unpack the primal_main.fat with @daemon1 tools but only extract 1.4gb and bunch of .xbg and .xbt files are missing.