Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Marvel Ultimate Aliance Model Format and X-Men Legends .IGB

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Marvel Ultimate Aliance Model Format and X-Men Legends .IGB

Post by Rimbros »

This its sample files of Marvel Ultimate Aliance PC game
i hope anyone can make a importer, i think mesh, animations and textures are in the same files.
Sample Files, the files are .IGB.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LIGVA7UY

Interesting X-Men Legends ROA have the same format IGB FILES

SAMPLE FILES
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OIBRRMFP
Last edited by Rimbros on Sat May 14, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Renders Art by Rimbros
http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn12 ... E/Renders/

Personal Game repository samples, send PM
reboot31
MIT cheater

Re: Marvel Ultimate Aliance Model Format

Post by reboot31 »

Hi Rimbros, I'm newbie here... I played this game and I really enjoy this... :)
I love Games!
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Marvel Ultimate Aliance Model Format and X-Men Legends .

Post by Rimbros »

Yes this games are amazing and have all the marvel comics models, but the .IGB Compresed are very profesional packed system, not easy to make a script.
Renders Art by Rimbros

Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros »

Something idea abouth the IGB format?
Renders Art by Rimbros

Noelemahc
ultra-n00b

Post by Noelemahc »

You might want to visit marvelmods.com, which is a site devoted almost entirely to modding this series of games.

For clarification, IGB files are Alchemy engine (which is what these games use) model/animation files, but the animations and models are stored separately =)

XXX_charactername.igb are animation skeletons, XXXYY.igb are character models, where XXX is a two or three-digit number (to simplify internal referrers) assigned within a particular game to a character (some numbers are shared between games, such as Wolverine being 03, some move from place to place -- Deadpool is 44 in XML2, but 17 in MUA1 and MUA2) and YY is model number (01-09 usually being reserved for outfits, 21-29 for special outfits, if applicable, and 11-19 for additional models such as weapons or removable body parts).

While we can't directly affect the files (except for texture injection), we do possess the means to rip the models into editable formats and reimport them into a format compatible with the PC versions of XML2 and MUA1. Nothing can be done about the animations, sadly.

All of the versions of the engine have been well-documented, researched and modded except for the DS version of MUA2 (because it uses a different engine) and the PS3 and X-BOX360 versions of MUA2 (because they use complicated file encryption on top of the usual gobbledygook). For the PC version, anything can be modded, edited and replaced - sounds, music, models, textures, scripts, everything but making new animations and levels is possible. For the other versions, slightly less so - we can't affect PSP models other than edit their textures, same goes for PS3 and X360 models.
Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros »

This its a Old post abouth Alchemy Exporter

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2915

the question its this, every game have diferent skeletal or bones structure, on this old post i see a death link to Alchemy Exporter, but how i can know or load the right bones structure of the Marvel Ultimate Aliance Models? and how i can changue and inject back the models to the game? cause y search the exporter and only found death links, i see the marvel mods but a lot of this mods looks like Textures Edited using the same morphs of the original game, maybe i wrong but that its i found a this time. :mrgreen:
Renders Art by Rimbros

Noelemahc
ultra-n00b

Post by Noelemahc »

Search the marvelmods forums, the bone structure for MUA was described in several different places.

You rip the models to edit them with DX Ripper or any other similar software that can "steal" models loaded into system memory, edit them with your 3d editor of choice, then export them with the Alchemy Exporter (which should still be available via the marvelmods forums, if it's not, write about it over there, please). The resulting IGB file will be compatible with XML2 and MUA PC and X-Box (not 360) versions.

And of all the Alchemy-based games, all of the games in the Marvel series (XML1-2, MUA1-2) use the same approach and scale for their models and skeletons, so once you have a basic skeleton set up once, you just need to stick to it.

All the texture edits (instead of model edits) are because the model edits take more time and skill, so most people avoid that. Also, it's the only way for non-PC versions of the game to have mods at all, so...
Roseweave
n00b

Re: Marvel Ultimate Aliance Model Format and X-Men Legends .IGB

Post by Roseweave »

Did anyone find a way to convert these models directly? I'm trying to get a rip of the Blink model to use as a base.