Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

IDOLM@STER One For All .pmd

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
MarieRose1301
veteran

Re: IDOLM@STER One For All .pmd

Post by MarieRose1301 »

No idea how to determine which bones use relative or absolute positions. Might be missing some info?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

MarieRose1301 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:57 pm

Code: Select all

for i in range(0, BoneCount):
	if(i == 0):
	else:
This is totally unnecessary. :D

Should simply use the 4x4 matrix instead:

Didn't care for the skin info though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
MarieRose1301
veteran

Post by MarieRose1301 »

I've been able to make the plugin read all the textures correctly, however still cannot figure out neither triangle strip degenerate triangle elimination, nor the bone weights. The plugin attached reads the same .pmd stuff as before + .pta archives and separate .gtf files.
MarieRose1301
veteran

Post by MarieRose1301 »

Does anyone happen to have more model samples? Leon's head would have been very nice in particular.
MarieRose1301
veteran

Post by MarieRose1301 »

Tried to parse the material section of the files but I'm not sure where exactly are materials linked with corresponding textures, does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking that the triangle strip artifact could possibly be related to the way the mesh is broken on materials, meaning that if i manage to get which vertice belongs to which material could possibly help avoiding the degenerate triangles by breaking the for cycle when the data belonging to this particular material ends?
[EDIT] Disregard the part about 304 bytes-long materials not being important, the color ones contain diffuse IDs :D
[EDIT 2] Got the diffuse, sphere and normal texture IDs from the COLOR, OUTLINE and SHADOW submaterials and it seems to be correct now. However, no clues on how does one assign the materials to correct faces.
The picture goes like: Material name, Material ID, Diffuse ID, Sphere ID and Normal ID