Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Astral Chain package

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Demonslayerx8
veteran

Re: Astral Chain package

Post by Demonslayerx8 »

gren wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:22 pm I was working through the file format on my own and worked out all of pkz and most of DAT file structure but I couldn't figure out what the 5th table was for in DAT files and it seems maybe unneeded? The first 4 were for offsets, file type, file name, and size, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the 5th was. Any one got any ideas?

Also I have 010 templates for pkz dat, and wip templates for the texture ones as well but don't have too much on textures yet. Will post when I get home later
read above
  • table1 - texture offset locations in wtp
    table2 - texture filesize in wtp
    table3 - flags for the game
    table4 - hashes to reference textures in materials
    table5 - texture header info
Kerilk
beginner

Post by Kerilk »

gren wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:22 pm I was working through the file format on my own and worked out all of pkz and most of DAT file structure but I couldn't figure out what the 5th table was for in DAT files and it seems maybe unneeded? The first 4 were for offsets, file type, file name, and size, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the 5th was. Any one got any ideas?

Also I have 010 templates for pkz dat, and wip templates for the texture ones as well but don't have too much on textures yet. Will post when I get home later
Nice catch! I hadn't seen it. It exists in Nier also, and I hadn't noticed. I can tell you that ignoring it in Nier is not showing much impact. This looks like some metadata. Some of it are hash for files, and the rest looks like priority class for data streaming? I'll commit an update binary template in once I am done with it.

Edit: Okay I understand what it is, it is a hash map of hashes, so hashes can be retrieved faster.

Edit 2: Here is a corrected binary template: https://github.com/Kerilk/bayonetta_too ... %20base.bt
gren
ultra-n00b

Post by gren »

demonslayerx8 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:43 pm

read above
  • table1 - texture offset locations in wtp
    table2 - texture filesize in wtp
    table3 - flags for the game
    table4 - hashes to reference textures in materials
    table5 - texture header info
No. I am talking about the DAT files. These are containers for more files - much like the pkz but the DAT files are contained within pkz files.
Kerilk wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:04 am

Nice catch! I hadn't seen it. It exists in Nier also, and I hadn't noticed. I can tell you that ignoring it in Nier is not showing much impact. This looks like some metadata. Some of it are hash for files, and the rest looks like priority class for data streaming? I'll commit an update binary template in once I am done with it.

Edit: Okay I understand what it is, it is a hash map of hashes, so hashes can be retrieved faster.

Edit 2: Here is a corrected binary template: https://github.com/Kerilk/bayonetta_too ... %20base.bt
Awesome! Hashes make a lot of sense for that. Makes sense they reused stuff from bayonetta/nier I guess. Will probably be a good resource to look at for other stuff.
Kerilk
beginner

Post by Kerilk »

Well there are other binary templates for Astral chain wmb files in the same directory. You can also decode bxm files (which are binary xml files) using the Bayonetta 2 bxm.bt (mind the byte ordering though). Motion formats are also known.
gren
ultra-n00b

Post by gren »

In the wta binary template, is textureInfo.format supposed to be of the texture_format_t type? I ran a script to parse every WTA in the romfs and there a handful of format codes that aren't listed in the comment for that entry (0x38, 0x25, 0x29, 0x01) which can be found in files like ui/core.wta, core/pre_texture.wta, and a few other loose files
Kerilk
beginner

Post by Kerilk »

No this is still wip and the enum is not used.
See discussion there:
https://github.com/Kerilk/noesis_bayonetta_pc/issues/11
Kerilk
beginner

Post by Kerilk »

The plugin has been updated with texture support.
Thanks for all the help!
Astral Chain with textures.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Kerilk wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:53 am The plugin has been updated with texture support.
Although I'm using latest version of Noesis and made sure to delete original bayonetta.dll from plugins directory and added the new bayonetta_pc.dll, and having the DAT/DTT pairs still wont work, what else am I missing? :eek: :oops:
Capture.jpg
EDIT:
looks like it was in conflict with another plug-in/script so deleting the entire python folder solved the import
the other issue with it was a continuous loop mode for animations, no matter how many times I'd hit cancel animation wont load, or to type the animation, then hit ok, will open up another window to select the model, once you select the model it loops back to select animation, or if you click cancel nothing happens, continuous loop, very annoying, and still no animations imported, oh well, time to move on, thank you though
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kerilk
beginner

Post by Kerilk »

To load animations you have to select the file containing the animations. In platinum games, the animation for the main character are usually in different files, that is why you are offered the opportunity to load several (until you click cancel). The main animations for pl0000 are in pl000f.dat.
So if you want to load the animations for the male character, after loading pl0000.dat, you need to select pl000f.dat to load the animations.

If you want to load the animation for the girl (pl0001 for instance), and select pl000f.dat, nothing will happen because the name prefix of the animation are those of the male character (pl0000). In this case, before clicking Ok, you need to write pl0000 inside the field so that pl0000 anims will be loaded.
Enderfacio
beginner

Post by Enderfacio »

Kerilk wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:53 am The plugin has been updated with texture support.
Thanks for all the help!

Is there anywhere I could download those 3d model files to open in 3dsMax?
Enderfacio
beginner

Post by Enderfacio »

I ran the script DKDave made for QuickBMS and get some .dat files but I can´t open them with Noesis. Am I missing something?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Enderfacio wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:44 pm I ran the script DKDave made for QuickBMS and get some .dat files but I can´t open them with Noesis. Am I missing something?
Now if you would have paid attention above you have same error as mine, meaning there's a conflict between the scripts, its trying to load them with a wrong script, remove them one at a time and find which is the culprit, then you'll be good to go.
Enderfacio
beginner

Post by Enderfacio »

mono24 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:04 am
Enderfacio wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:44 pm I ran the script DKDave made for QuickBMS and get some .dat files but I can´t open them with Noesis. Am I missing something?
Now if you would have paid attention above you have same error as mine, meaning there's a conflict between the scripts, its trying to load them with a wrong script, remove them one at a time and find which is the culprit, then you'll be good to go.
I notice that, but I didin´t understand wich folder is it. I deleted the entire Python folder as you said but Noesis starts with an error message. Wich folder is the one with the scripts I have to delete?
Enderfacio
beginner

Post by Enderfacio »

SOLVED IT! Thanks for reply
kees
n00b

Post by kees »

Thanks for all the help!

there is one thing i dont understand yet from taking the models appart. where are the facial textures being stored. i looked in the files and havent been able to locate it. is there a place where its stored and so how to get to it?