Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Northlight Tool (also known as "The Alan Wake Engine")

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
YourImaginaryFriend
n00b

Re: Northlight Tool (also known as "The Alan Wake Engine")

Post by YourImaginaryFriend »

I have a problem with trench_default_publish_physx.binfbx. He has no skeleton and vertex groups, uvs are missing, shoes are messed up.

Tested in blender 2.78 and 2.8. Other characters I tried worked fine.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

YourImaginaryFriend wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:26 am I have a problem with trench_default_publish_physx.binfbx. He has no skeleton and vertex groups, uvs are missing, shoes are messed up.
Tested in blender 2.78 and 2.8. Other characters I tried worked fine.
Okay, thanks for the report. I'll see why he's being stubborn. :)
dennysbr
ultra-n00b

Post by dennysbr »

you are a genius, very good, maybe one day through this project someone make a nude (:
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

Okay it looks like the reason Trench is broken is because of his eyeglasses. That 'transparent blocks are skipped' issue I mentioned before. But this is the first time I've seen it happen anywhere besides the first block. It is happening between the 3rd and 4th block. So I guess I'll have to assume it can occur between any two blocks.

This means I'll have to rewrite things a little so I can check and repair skipped sections no matter where they occur. I probably won't have a solve until tomorrow.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

Okay, I found trench's other shoe, and he agreed to cooperate after that. Seems the problem was indeed what I suspected, adding in a tedious check of face offsets/counts seems to let me fill in the gaps. Hopefully the fix stays true for other such models.

Enjoy

*new version below*
Last edited by volfin on Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

For Blender 2.80 the fix is the same as above. However I also noticed an additional bug concerning collections, The plugin was leaving an empty object behind when splitting up 'breakable' meshes. I fixed that issue, and doesn't do it anymore.

Enjoy :)

*new version below*
Last edited by volfin on Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

I made a tiny goof with both versions, I left debug = True, so they print a ton of data that makes looking at the materials in the console a chore.

So you can either redownload the version I just changed out the posts with, or edit the file yourself (carefully) and set debug = False at the top of import_binFBX.py, or you can just not worry about it, it works the same, just prints a ton more data you might not need.
Bladers
veteran

Post by Bladers »

volfin wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:17 pm I made a tiny goof with both versions, I left debug = True, so they print a ton of data that makes looking at the materials in the console a chore.

So you can either redownload the version I just changed out the posts with, or edit the file yourself (carefully) and set debug = False at the top of import_binFBX.py, or you can just not worry about it, it works the same, just prints a ton more data you might not need.
I really appreciate how quick you were able to get this done. really stunning.
I did run into a problem with some models though. Looks like the carpet border models are throwing an error. For example tempestroom_carpet_borders.binfbx or research_sector_lobby_office_carpet_border_custom.binfbx or officekit_carpet_border_2m

Basically most of the carpet border models are, which is weird because they should be a simple model.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

Bladers wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:45 am
volfin wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:17 pm I made a tiny goof with both versions, I left debug = True, so they print a ton of data that makes looking at the materials in the console a chore.

I really appreciate how quick you were able to get this done. really stunning.
I did run into a problem with some models though. Looks like the carpet border models are throwing an error. For example tempestroom_carpet_borders.binfbx or research_sector_lobby_office_carpet_border_custom.binfbx or officekit_carpet_border_2m

Basically most of the carpet border models are, which is weird because they should be a simple model.
yeah it's not unusual to have strange exceptions when reverse engineering something like this. I'll check those out and see what I can do.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

Okay, the reason carpets wouldn't load is they have *zero* entries in the model block. that's a new one on me. But I figured out a way to use the material definitions instead in such an instance. Truthfully I probably made some bad assumptions at the start and should rewrite the whole thing, but This kludge seems to work fine, so I'll roll with it.

the 'carpet border' seems to be all the baseboards for a level lol. not sure they are useful but you can extract them now.

Enjoy :)

*new version next page*
Last edited by volfin on Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

and same update for 2.80 :)

*new version next page*
Last edited by volfin on Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Chief
veteran

Post by The Chief »

Hey Volfin thanks for the update on the blender script however i have a problem with quantumbreak models doesnt matter wich one i select i get a signature is invalid lol

Iam using blender 2.80
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

this doesn't work for Quantum Break, only for Control. Quantum break uses a completely different model format.

You can try the quantum break importer I did some years ago that's here (for blender 2.70 to 2.79 only):

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14195&start=60#p126811

But I've never tried it with this particular unpacker, it may or may not work.
The Chief
veteran

Post by The Chief »

Thanks thats explain everting also just download blender 2.78 and its working perfect. :D
kamtesel17
ultra-n00b

Post by kamtesel17 »

hi
thanks for the plugin.
but how we edit and export the models???