Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[Help] GTArcade models?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: [Help] GTArcade models?

Post by shakotay2 »

Bigchillghost wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:49 pm Obfuscation, is it? I thought it was just some old game format.
I wasn't sure, but I couldn't imagine how (and why, during weight painting?) vertices could be "mixed up" in such a strange way. (In most formats I knew so far the first 100 vertices at least build proper faces, usually.)
Yeah, I noticed that too. But based on the UV, shouldn't it be some kind of body part instead of a boot?
Yep - I named the picture "role_boot(s)" because they were the only parts I could identify from the whole mesh.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
LightXPS
advanced

Post by LightXPS »

Bigchillghost wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:49 pm Yeah, I noticed that too. But based on the UV, shouldn't it be some kind of body part instead of a boot? I have a couple of theories of getting the actual positions: 1. calculate the average position coordinates in a vertex weight set, or their weighted average; 2. take the coordinates with the largest weight as the position of this vertex. But I don't have time to test it now.
Judging from the UV, there should be the entire body minus the face in the role_m_000.s3d since the face has a file on its own (and that one displays normally in Noesis). And I think all those parts are somewhere in that mesh mess... Once you find the time, I'm ready to see the result!

Anyhow: Big thanks to all who posted in here so far! This goes in the right direction now :wink:
LightXPS
advanced

Post by LightXPS »

Sorry for yet another double post, but I'd like to know if there's any progress on this one..? If there is any, what does it look like?

Also, I'd really like to note that there's also the textures available for this model. Here you go.

And one last thing to note: Is it possible to convert the .s3d files into something like .dae or .fbx so that I can take the conversion work from there?
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

LightXPS wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:09 amI'd like to know if there's any progress on this one..?
If nobody reply to this topic, then the answer is no. All my previous attempts/guesses were failed. No idea why the same method that applies to one model would fail on another.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
LightXPS
advanced

Post by LightXPS »

Bigchillghost wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:20 pm If nobody reply to this topic, then the answer is no. All my previous attempts/guesses were failed. No idea why the same method that applies to one model would fail on another.
That's kinda strange - there was some progress before the silence came in where at least a boot was identified and now everything's down the drain? thinks Could this be the model ripper's worst nightmare?
LightXPS
advanced

Post by LightXPS »

Any new hints on that project here? The files are available again - I really want that job done (at least so far that I can open the model files with Blender and/or XNALara)...

Btw: How can I open those files without any file ending to it? I'm talking about this one, for example.

And connecting to this post: I tried that one as well, but all I get is a meshed triangular piece of crap... Either I'm stupid or something's not working properly here...
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

LightXPS wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:37 am Any new hints on that project here?
I don't think there're people still watching this. :roll:
LightXPS wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:37 am The files are available again
What do you mean by "again"?
LightXPS wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:37 am at least so far that I can open the model files with Blender and/or XNALara
Cool. Problem solved?
LightXPS wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:37 amHow can I open those files without any file ending to it?
Just a simple container for s3d and act files. Use this BMS script to unpack them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
LightXPS
advanced

Post by LightXPS »

Bigchillghost wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:31 pm I don't think there're people still watching this. :roll:
Basically, this has finally gone down the drain?
Bigchillghost wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:31 pm What do you mean by "again"?
I had them removed from the cloud drive, but I recovered them.
Bigchillghost wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:31 pm Cool. Problem solved?
Nope, not at all. The body file comes out as a big mess (not a single mesh part visible) and the head file doesn't open in AMR at all...

But I think I'm gonna switch to a different game which - hopefully - is easier to rip since there are already some ripped models available. Just need to find the right one...
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

LightXPS wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:35 pm Basically, this has finally gone down the drain?
Guess so. Mainly it is because of the frustrating format. Also the low quality models just make people lose their appetites.
LightXPS wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:35 pm the head file doesn't open in AMR at all...
You cannot extract anything manually except for the UVs:
role_m_000_head_UV.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LightXPS
advanced

Post by LightXPS »

Okay, then... This project is officially abandonded by me. I've got a couple of models from Vindictus in my sight, I'm gonna get those.
moonpaladin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by moonpaladin »

Just a simple container for s3d and act files. Use this BMS script to unpack them.
Hello Bigchillghost! it's me again XD!, I got some .ba models from LOA3, but seems encrypted, please take a look at them when you can :')

https://www.mediafire.com/file/z38ub7vu ... s.zip/file :shy:
moonpaladin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by moonpaladin »

Well I was a complete noob and didn't identify the compression xD! The armature loads fine the mesh looks really weird, should be something with the weights, hope you can take a look at it, or maybe can you adapt the script to only loads meshes without bones? :( Thanks for all your scripts!
leagueofangelsIII.jpg
moonpaladin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by moonpaladin »

I was checking the other League of angels games (I and II was a pain get the models xD), the texture is compressed and is not DXT1 like LoA III, is DXT5. Well at least I was able to convert the texture to png with their transparency, only the models are left, as I mentioned the position of the bones seems correct, only the weights need to be rechecked. I'm gonna do more research, hope find something. :P
mountexample.jpg
S3D MODELS : https://www.mediafire.com/file/hztxuo44 ... s.zip/file
moonpaladin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by moonpaladin »

bump bump bump :mrgreen: :wv: :whmm: :[
moonpaladin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by moonpaladin »

Bigchillghost wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:11 pm
LightXPS wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:35 pm Basically, this has finally gone down the drain?
Guess so. Mainly it is because of the frustrating format. Also the low quality models just make people lose their appetites.
LightXPS wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:35 pm the head file doesn't open in AMR at all...
You cannot extract anything manually except for the UVs:
role_m_000_head_UV.png
Hello Bigchillghost, could you please take a look at this models? :(
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4u3g0ejd ... S.zip/file