Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
AESRYL
beginner

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by AESRYL »

MidnightUzumaki wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:22 am Has anyone figured out how to extract eye textures yet?
Yeah you have to make them from scratch using the Normal Maps :(
Vladabdf
beginner

Post by Vladabdf »

AESRYL wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:32 am
MidnightUzumaki wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:22 am Has anyone figured out how to extract eye textures yet?
No you don't. They're in .\Shader\Material_set\SQEX_EyeMaterialTex.

AESRYL
beginner

Post by AESRYL »

VladVidya wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:18 pm
AESRYL wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:32 am
No you don't. They're in .\Shader\Material_set\SQEX_EyeMaterialTex.

OH SHIT, Okay cool :) thanks i will check them out
MidnightUzumaki
ultra-n00b

Post by MidnightUzumaki »

Hacked together a maskless Vanitas . Had to borrow Anti Aquas eye color though. Can anyone get me the proper alpha and diffuse maps for his hair? Right now it's just a normal map on top of a dark blue color.
most of the organization is in the enemy folder. Here is what i've found so far.

Vladabdf
beginner

Post by Vladabdf »

MidnightUzumaki wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:34 am Hacked together a maskless Vanitas . Had to borrow Anti Aquas eye color though. Can anyone get me the proper alpha and diffuse maps for his hair? Right now it's just a normal map on top of a dark blue color.

most of the organization is in the enemy folder. Here is what i've found so far.
Everything you need to know about how to create the eyes and hair proper is in the material properties .txt files that extract when you dump the textures. This includes other things in addition to the eyes and hair, like clothing. They need deciphering, but here's an example of something easier I've been working with so far:

Code: Select all

{
        ParameterName = Hairline2Normal_Range
        ParameterValue = 2.5
        ParameterInfo = { Name=None }
    }
This is in Sora's folder, p_ex001_hair_Inst.props.txt. This section tells you his hair texture is using "Hairline2". Further down, you can see this part, which tells you the mask he uses to simulate split ends on the tips of his spikes, and even the normal map texture used:

Code: Select all

{
    TextureParameterValues[0] =
    {
        ParameterName = AOTexture
        ParameterValue = Texture2D'Character/pc/p_ex001/mdl/mat0/p_ex001_0o00.p_ex001_0o00'
    }
    TextureParameterValues[1] =
    {
        ParameterName = HairLineMaskTex
        ParameterValue = Texture2D'Character/Shader/Material_set/SQEX_HairMaterialTex/hairlineendmask2.hairlineendmask2'
    }
    TextureParameterValues[2] =
    {
        ParameterName = Normalmap
        ParameterValue = Texture2D'Character/pc/p_ex001/mdl/mat0/p_ex001_H_0n00.p_ex001_H_0n00'
    }
}
This is, again, one of the simpler cases of this. You can find not only the exact textures used though, but there are other things like specularity amounts (in UE4 units, so you need to guesstimate from my experience if you're using Maya, Max, or Blender). Another cool thing to note is, the hair and hair tips meshes use the exact same rig, so just copy and paste the material setup and his hair will look ideal, just like this:

One more thing: Do not(!!!) just copy 0.2 textures and delete/hide the eye lens mesh. 0.2 and KH3 handle the eye textures TOTALLY DIFFERENTLY FROM EACH OTHER. 0.2 uses the lense to add specularity(?) and other effects on top of the eye whilst painting the actual eyeball with its textures. In KH3, the eyeball has its own texture and the lens functions as an iris with its own textures IN ADDITION to other effects.
MidnightUzumaki
ultra-n00b

Post by MidnightUzumaki »

Very helpful advice! Thank you very much!
Takato Matsukj
advanced

Post by Takato Matsukj »

daemon1 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:25 pm Tool updated: map support.

Usage is similar to IJ2 maps.
First process all "meshes" folders of a map, it will create a lot of staticmesh.RAW files.
Then use .UMAP with the tool

notes:
- not all map data will be supported. There are many ways in UE3/UE4 to add static mesh, i only support most obsious now. Also no skeletal (moving) meshes and no foliage.
- some meshes have too many UV pairs, this increases size. Some of them are not ever real UVs, just some data stored in UV buffer part, no idea what is that.
They get exported as ascii format correct?

I used XPS to import the files I got from UMAP but I only get like one mesh :L
I'm pretty sure I am doing this wrong
Vladabdf
beginner

Post by Vladabdf »

Takato Matsukj wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:39 am

First process all "meshes" folders of a map, it will create a lot of staticmesh.RAW files.

notes:
- not all map data will be supported. There are many ways in UE3/UE4 to add static mesh, i only support most obsious now. Also no skeletal (moving) meshes and no foliage.
- some meshes have too many UV pairs, this increases size. Some of them are not ever real UVs, just some data stored in UV buffer part, no idea what is that.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1roxHm ... lEgWnX7mEr
Download this and extract the batch files to the mesh folder of a map. Copy kh3.exe into there as well, then run the uasset batch. It will dump the contents of every .uasset as necessary. Afterwards, take kh3.exe, the new raw folder, and the umap batch and move them to the umap folder. Run that batch and it will generate a complete set of meshes.

If anyone wants it as well, here is a complete(?) list of pawns in KH3 that I touched up upon acquiring the models. It includes weapons, bosses, enemies, NPCs, and PCs.
https://github.com/Xeeynamo/OpenKh/blob ... 3/pawns.md
Puterboy1
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Puterboy1 »

VladVidya wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:44 am

notes:

Download this and extract the batch files to the mesh folder of a map. Copy kh3.exe into there as well, then run the uasset batch. It will dump the contents of every .uasset as necessary. Afterwards, take kh3.exe, the new raw folder, and the umap batch and move them to the umap folder. Run that batch and it will generate a complete set of meshes.

If anyone wants it as well, here is a complete(?) list of pawns in KH3 that I touched up upon acquiring the models. It includes weapons, bosses, enemies, NPCs, and PCs.
I tried it on the .pak for A Fragmentary Passage and I get this: File name: 'D:\Geek Squad Data Backup\00250287445177gm\Users\Jake\Downloads\KHHD28FCP\EP0082-CUSA05787_00-KINGçDOMHEARTSX28-A0100-V0100\CUSA05787\tresgame\content\paks\tresgame-ps4.uexp'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at UE4.ue4.Main(String[] args)

Also, could you provide us with some sound files from KH III as well? I'd like to start with the ambience files first.
Vladabdf
beginner

Post by Vladabdf »

Puterboy1 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:23 pm

I tried it on the .pak for A Fragmentary Passage and I get this: File name: 'D:\Geek Squad Data Backup\00250287445177gm\Users\Jake\Downloads\KHHD28FCP\EP0082-CUSA05787_00-KINGçDOMHEARTSX28-A0100-V0100\CUSA05787\tresgame\content\paks\tresgame-ps4.uexp'
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
That's because kh3.exe is made for KH3.
Puterboy1
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Puterboy1 »

VladVidya wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:36 pm

Well, in that case, could you provide me with some sound effects please? Like ambience?
Vladabdf
beginner

Post by Vladabdf »

Puterboy1 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:30 pm

Well, in that case, could you provide me with some sound effects please? Like ambience?
Umodel can extract everything in 0.2.
Puterboy1
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Puterboy1 »

Vladabdf wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:59 am
Puterboy1 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:30 pm

Umodel can extract everything in 0.2.
Not quite everything. I can’t extract the sound files from it.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

New version.

- fixed some maps crashes
- vertex color output for maps
- materials output for maps

you'll have to re-convert all static models to get material names from them
after that, it will work as before
if there will be no material list, it will generate "submesh_1_material"-like names
AESRYL
beginner

Post by AESRYL »

daemon1 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:26 pm New version.

- fixed some maps crashes
- vertex color output for maps
- materials output for maps

you'll have to re-convert all static models to get material names from them
after that, it will work as before
if there will be no material list, it will generate "submesh_1_material"-like names
Would you be able to make it so you can drag the .UASSET files onto the exe and convert them by the bulk, instead of one by one??