Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[PC] Quantum Break .RMDP

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
shadowlonely1989
veteran

Re: [PC] Quantum Break .RMDP

Post by shadowlonely1989 »

evin wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:03 am
MuratG wrote:
evin wrote:It is in alpha/beta stage, but I can unpack texts, and files.
I'll release soon, after I fixed some bug.
string table .bin Missing?
You should read the info.rtf first: No text extractor function in the tool, to avoid the steeling of unofficial translations!
You loaded the text .bin file!

Also About button in the Tool:
"What is missing or need to fix:... - text file handler ..."
I'll attach to the tool the unpacked text file, after I fixed the text handler functions.
Thanks! Could you share some information about glyphs data for font?
Are datas from head of binfnt, they are glyphs data? Thanks a lot!
Evin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Evin »

shadowlonely1989 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:31 am Thanks! Could you share some information about glyphs data for font?
I have not information about the structure of this file.
I just edited the texture file inside it, nothing more.
shadowlonely1989
veteran

Post by shadowlonely1989 »

evin wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:04 am
shadowlonely1989 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:31 am Thanks! Could you share some information about glyphs data for font?
I have not information about the structure of this file.
I just edited the texture file inside it, nothing more.
Thanks a lot! Hope anyone can share infor about the structure of this file!
Bladers
veteran

Post by Bladers »

YourImaginaryFriend wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:53 am Looks like we'll need a new model importer. Relevant file formats seem to be .binfbx and .binskeleton. I uploaded some character samples: https://www23.zippyshare.com/v/YmPEVAtb/file.html
Anyone?
rootshaper
ultra-n00b

Post by rootshaper »

Hey there! Is it possible to somehow reconfigure this tool for Control? It just came out and I already washed away by it's sound design and I really need those samples stored inside the same archives as Alan Wake or Quantum Break.

I have tried to use this extractor but on the VO samples (I guess those are VO samples) it just shut down after I chose the BIN file and to extract only .wem files and then if I hit Extract, the app is killed and it only creates some gibberish folders without content.

It can extract however some other .wem and .bnk files, but with them are other problems sadly. If I try the good old ww2ogg and revorb combo to extract .bnk files and fix them on the way it usually telling me Parse error: missing RIFF. It is a common error as far as I know because I have spent 5 hours figuring this out now and I know how to google. But I am stuck now, I need some advices.

I do managed to extract and make playable some samples but it's only the quarter of what the game originally contains. I need ALL :D

Thanks for your help in advance!
Bladers
veteran

Post by Bladers »

volfin wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:51 pm Attached is version 1.0 alpha of my *.wedmsh blender plugin for Quantum break.

Currently should import any mesh as a static object with UVs and in-game normals. if the file has multiple meshes (LODs or whatever), it will import all.

I will continue to do more work to add support for bone weights and materials, depending on what data I can uncover. if you run into any files that don't load properly, please let me know the filename/directory name. Thanks.

EDIT: new version released in subsequent post.
YourImaginaryFriend wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:53 am Looks like we'll need a new model importer. Relevant file formats seem to be .binfbx and .binskeleton. I uploaded some character samples: https://www23.zippyshare.com/v/YmPEVAtb/file.html

Hey @volfin i know you made the plugin for wedmsh. You think you can write one for .binfbx?
Last edited by Bladers on Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamson
ultra-n00b

Post by Gamson »

rootshaper wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:07 pm Hey there! Is it possible to somehow reconfigure this tool for Control? It just came out and I already washed away by it's sound design and I really need those samples stored inside the same archives as Alan Wake or Quantum Break.

I have tried to use this extractor but on the VO samples (I guess those are VO samples) it just shut down after I chose the BIN file and to extract only .wem files and then if I hit Extract, the app is killed and it only creates some gibberish folders without content.

It can extract however some other .wem and .bnk files, but with them are other problems sadly. If I try the good old ww2ogg and revorb combo to extract .bnk files and fix them on the way it usually telling me Parse error: missing RIFF. It is a common error as far as I know because I have spent 5 hours figuring this out now and I know how to google. But I am stuck now, I need some advices.

I do managed to extract and make playable some samples but it's only the quarter of what the game originally contains. I need ALL :D

Thanks for your help in advance!
Yep, can confirm that this tool doesn't work on Control. Maybe if we had source code we could do something about that
szefons
ultra-n00b

Post by szefons »

Bladers
veteran

Post by Bladers »

szefons wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:36 pm Look here :-)

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=21047&p=155806#p155806
Its not extracting it is the problem. its rewriting the Blender model import script to work with Control (binfbx).
For example the file record signature is different and it crashes there. I'm trying to look into it but alas..
szefons
ultra-n00b

Post by szefons »

I was answering to the initial issue of crashing by rootshaper, so we have at least a new app, up to date, Northlight Tool, that works with Control, it doesn't crash when extracting, its a start.
rootshaper
ultra-n00b

Post by rootshaper »

szefons wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:24 pm I was answering to the initial issue of crashing by rootshaper, so we have at least a new app, up to date, Northlight Tool, that works with Control, it doesn't crash when extracting, its a start.
wow thanks! I'll check this out and report if the files are exported correctly and useable in a music production tool after that because some files was "corrupt" after the export with the quantum break and alan wake tool.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

Control model import is discussed here: viewtopic.php?p=155960#p155960

Importer will be for blender 2.70 thru 2.79 like all my importers. After it's done i'll look at maybe making a version for blender 2.80. but plugin conversion is a nightmare, I've successfully converted one simple plugin and about had a stroke in the process.
eprilx
n00b

Post by eprilx »

.binfnt can now be created or edited :D
See here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24901