Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
parttimegamer15
advanced

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by parttimegamer15 »

Awesome work as usual :-) Thanks for the tools.

Do I need to convert or run the .dds texture files? For the robot models the extracted dds files are working but when I try one of the static mesh I can't see any image data even though the dds file is around 25mb.
Mesh that I extracted is from: models/building_blocks/foundry/door/components/door_b015_c001_resource
The materials txt indicate that texture is in: models/building_blocks/foundry/door/textures/door_b015_set
That set extracts three dds files
door_b015_set00_type_3_dx10
door_b015_set01_type_1_dx10
door_b015_set02_type_132_dx10

However I am not able to get any image data from any of these files. How should I go about extracting textures for static meshes?

Similarly for robot models, for stalker: models/characters/robots/stalker/animation/parts/body
I am extracting textures from: models/characters/robots/stalker/textures/revision/stalker_set
Which gives me:
stalker_set00_type_3_dx10
stalker_set01_type_1
stalker_set02_type_132_dx10
Out of the above, _type_1 is fine (diffuse ma). However the other two files are not readable :-( Assume these are the normal and metal/roughness map?
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

Files that end with 'dx10' are encoded in a newer dds format that for some reason hasn't been widely implemented in image editing software (like GIMP). The only option is to convert these files using a program like Noesis (which CAN open newer dds formats), or get the Photoshop plugin.
parttimegamer15
advanced

Thanks! I can extract those dds images using Noesis.
nightwolf1982 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:46 am Files that end with 'dx10' are encoded in a newer dds format that for some reason hasn't been widely implemented in image editing software (like GIMP). The only option is to convert these files using a program like Noesis (which CAN open newer dds formats), or get the Photoshop plugin.
parttimegamer15
advanced

1. you need to place the tool in your "packed_pink" horizon folder, or better, i recommend using included ini file (just change your folder). If you use this INI - you can use the tool from any folder.

can anyone please share this .ini file?
iLeonidze
ultra-n00b

Post by iLeonidze »

parttimegamer15 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:11 am 1. you need to place the tool in your "packed_pink" horizon folder, or better, i recommend using included ini file (just change your folder). If you use this INI - you can use the tool from any folder.

can anyone please share this .ini file?
This file included in archive attached to first post in topic
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

How I got mine to work is I made a run.bat file and typed "horizon /p list.txt" this then just ran it and it dumped all my files.

still having problems getting all of the .core files to extract. Most of the ones I try say asset.skipped. Or it gives me a 0bit .smd file. So I'm not sure If I'm doing it wrong or if the tool just needs updated.
Here is the extracted model of the Hyena.
But for some reason I cant find the textures to him.
Then I was able to get Direwolf and his texture map but it seems really dark compared to the game. Maybe the original DDS compression ?
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

I managed to get the Hyena textures no problem. They should be in the packed_pink\models\characters\robots\hyena\textures folder (after extracting them from the game archives).
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

Yeah I found everything, I now have all the models and animations. Now I'm trying to merge the acsii files together for the bone/animation data.
dvoika
beginner

Post by dvoika »

pls anybody send me ingame subtitles font tnx tnx
Sinnery32
n00b

Post by Sinnery32 »

Всем привет, ребята, кто мне может объяснить как достать скелет персонажа ?
Я до сих пор не могу понять в чем дело....
Буду очень благодарен если кто то детально объяснить что нужно сделать )

Hello everyone, guys, who can explain to me how to get a skeleton of a character?
I still can’t understand what’s the matter ....
I would be very grateful if someone would explain in detail what needs to be done)
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

You have to have the rootbone and other bone file, open them in an editor, merge together. Then run Horizon on it should produce what you need. Everything is explained in the tutorial pretty clearly.
Sinnery32
n00b

Post by Sinnery32 »

I am a little amateur in this, you can explain again ...
Only with an action plan.
I beg you.
mostlyhuman
ultra-n00b

Post by mostlyhuman »

Im having the same 0KB smd issue, how did you overcome this?

Getting this error when i try to unpack a .core file
Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ?????????????????????????????????????????.?????????????????????????????????????????(String[] )
gokuhs
beginner

Post by gokuhs »

Thank you very much for the tool daemon1 :keke: .
I extracted all resources on my packed_pink folder, and now i have a few folders on it, at this poit all good, but i don't know where are the models stored. For example where are the model of Aloy? How can I extract it and open with Noesis?
Thanks!! :keke:
gokuhs
beginner

Post by gokuhs »

After spending many hours trying to extract the models and thanks to the invaluable help of Raban, I leave you a small mini guide for people like me who are starting on this.

My big problem was the copy of the game, I tried with a PKG of the edition European Complete Edition and as a result it generated empty models. I lost a couple of hours on it, because I thought the problem was mine, but no, it must be that the Daemon tool is not compatible with this version of the game. So i reomend use a copy of the European Standard version (Code: CUSA07319), you can get from the original disk with an a hacked PS4 o try to find an a Fake PKG of the Game (41 GB Aprox)

We will need this software:

1- Oviusly the daemon1's tool i use this version
2- The latest version of PKG tool, you can get it here
3- The latest version of noesis for show and export the models
4- A lot of patience, the process is tedious [roll]

1- The first thing we you need is extract the PKG, for this we use PS4 PKG Tool, is easy, open the folder were are stored the PKG > Right click on the game > Extract PKG Contents.
2- Now get the daemon1 tool and put it inside "packet_pink" folder.
3- Edit (or create if not exist) the file horizon.ini, and paste inside it the path to the packet_pink folder (including "packet_pink")
4- Open the tool, if we do correctly the tool was generate one big file "res.txt"
5- You can filter the file to be alone with what we want to extract. You can use Excel to filter this.
6- Now i copy paste the PM that Raban sent me, I asked him as an example the model of the red fox.
1. create a .txt-file, name it "list" and place it in the folder where Daemon's horizon.exe is

2. paste these lines into that .txt:
models/characters/animals/redfox/animation/parts/redfox_lx
models/characters/animals/redfox/animation/skeletons/skeleton_rootbone

3. run horizon from windows-command-line like this "horizon /x list.txt"

4. you should now have some .core-files

5. drag and drop redfox_lx.core on horizon.exe; you should get
redfox_lx.core.smd
redfox_lx.core.mesh.ascii
a matrices file
and a bunch of txt which contain the ressource paths for the textures (you can paste those in a new list.txt afterwards)

6. now drag and drop skeleton_rootbone.core on horizon.exe; this should yield:
skeleton_rootbone.core.smd
skeleton_rootbone.core.mesh.ascii

7. open "skeleton_rootbone.core.smd" with the notepad and copy everything that's in there

8. open "redfox_lx.core.smd" with the notepad and paste what you've copied - be careful though you probably have to delete some lines from the target or source file (I think the source already had the header in there);
it should look like this:
version 1
nodes
0 ...
1 ...
... (listing all the bones)
end
skeleton
time 0 (meaning the bind pose of the skeleton)
0 ...
1 ...
... (listing of Rot and Loc of each bone for that pose, meaning their default position)
end
triangles (now begins the description of the geometry that stuff is what's already written in)
assets/bla/blabla
0 ...
0 ...
0 ...
end

8.5. make sure you don't have any repeating lines; having the lines "end|skeleton" two times in the file is a big no-no

9. you should be good to go now
Now we can get the model with bones, so we can load it in Noesis. So open noesis, and navigate to the packet_pink folder, and open redfox smd file. And that it, if you do correctly you can see the fox.

Now we can export it to use in Blender for example. To do it, in Noesis select File > Export..., and select as Collada. In blender create a new scene, remove de default cube, and import this exported file on it.

PD> If you extract the textures, you can use it directly in the latest version of Blender. This is an example of result (Remember, I'm noob in 3D design :oops: )

PD2> Many thanks especially to Raban for the help provided and to Daemon1 for his fantastic tool :)