Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
ssringo
veteran

Re: Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Post by ssringo »

I don't get error messages, the cvt extract/convert just closes and nothing else. I guess I misunderstood what was posted and thought everything was working for PC and Switch files.

Here's a batch of Ryuko's models from the PC version. I can upload other characters later if needed.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jwszq3c8 ... s.rar/file
lyutor1945
beginner

Post by lyutor1945 »

explain how the script KLK_Switch works please
Supurreme
advanced

Post by Supurreme »

hey what version of python do i need for the script that extracts the pacs? its just kinda not working for me and all i can really think is that i have the wrong python version installed
Hey I'm Mimi! Please have mercy on me, I'm still learning!
pox911
beginner

Post by pox911 »

Only problem i've had with the PC version so far is that weight paints arent saving when exported from noesis but everything else is fine. I did make a very basic quick bms script to split the pacs. It doesn't properly handle the illumination textures but everything else seems to be fine.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blur
ultra-n00b

Post by Blur »

Rotock wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:09 pm
Blur wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:34 am This is great!! Even the vertex normals are here just like in the game. Coould make a use out of these. Thanks Simguy and Rotock!!
lol i didn't do anything but ok. Just a traveler that ended up here and found some nice scripts.

Still not tested if all models work, because no time.
Also i find it funny that most of here used the exact same model for testing. :)

And the ones with the errors, it would be maybe wise to post the error massage, so a wise guy can figures it out on the error message, to help.
You did let me know how to use the scripts. Honestly, don't think I could've figured it out on my own.
Blur
ultra-n00b

Post by Blur »

Simguy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:30 pm
andree wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:40 pm
Simguy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:09 pm

Yeah the PC format changed a bit so I updated it. This zip also has a regular python script to extract textures from CVTs (They're mostly just DDS files with 80 bytes of nonsense).

Thanks andy97 for catching that embarrassing bug.

Its worth pointing out in case I get asked, some animations will look weird and broken but they are actually correct. The game does a lot of perspective tricks to get the look they want. Except for the animation frame rate. Frames are numbered, not timed. I wasn't sure what to do about that so I just hacked something together.
Any of the dds-readable programs won't read the files I had converted from the switch version.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20860
Ah thats my bad. I forgot to say that the PC version has DDS textures, that script might not work with all Switch CVTs. The Switch version uses BNTX textures, change the extension to bntx after running the script and noesis will load it.
pechenuxa wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:11 pm In Noesis model loads with pink textures, but in blender or 3ds max model loading fine, bone=weight is working, thanks for script. 8D
Actually that pink color are the Vertex Colors. Its very important for replicating the shading in the game.
I'm wondering if you know a way to export the vertex colors as well from Noesis.
Nexus Elite
n00b

Post by Nexus Elite »

ssringo wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:52 am I use the Switch script in the OP to extract the *.pac file. Then the *.mdl files will then load in Noesis through the mdl script that TC posted later in the thread. However, the cvt script from that same post doesn't extract anything for me. I'm using python 36, do I need to install yet another version?

I'm using command prompt to run these scripts. No error pops up.

Edit: Using PC game files.
Can you please explain how to run the script in the CMD, im not familiar with the proper way to execute it, the script to .pac.
mikoamoy
n00b

Post by mikoamoy »

Download python latest version, and drag the mdl into the KLKmdl.py
Make sure your python is installed properly in your PC.
You could use the pac.bms at above post.
ggnaarlyy
ultra-n00b

Post by ggnaarlyy »

I was able to get the textures to load onto the model (from bntx to png) and the model is fine in noesis, but when I load it into blender I can't see any textures, exported it as an .obj, the textures load when I open the .obj in noesis but now in blender
episoder
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by episoder »

neat samples. i'd guess the render engine is based on ggxrd. the ilm textures are really odd ball that doesn't work, but they don't contain alot of needed information. the rest works. good stuff.

the models are not my preferred type of body shape tho. nor are the faces any good, rather then flexing a blowjob tunnel. mmh. :)
andree
veteran

Post by andree »

https://anonymousfiles.io/WgzRKFAF/
https://anonymousfiles.io/G2VUh9XZ/
Several .mot files aren't loaded properly, can anyone fix it?
Bettyaoi
ultra-n00b

Post by Bettyaoi »

Rotock wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:07 am
Blur wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:22 am
Rotock wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:40 pm hmm your script seams kinda to work on the steam version also.
I could decompress a .pac file into more files and loaded with noesis42 the .mdl file.
But don't know about the textures and then i try to export it, to fbx, dae ,smd, etc., and importing it into Blender, it always seem to have no weights. Bones do nothing to the model.
Mind telling me what you used to unpack the pac file? Been curious.
Just the stuff that was uploaded here from "Simguy"
I have installed phyton for windows.
And then i could just drag and drop the .pac file over the "KLK_Switch.py" so that the file has the filepath automaticly
Then it exports the stuff into an EXT folder in the folder where "KLK_Switch.py" is located.

You can do the same with the .cvt files. just drag and drop onto the "KilllaKill_CVT.py" file.
And it exports the texture file into the same folder with .dds ending. I had then converted this .dds file with XnConvert to png.
It doesn't seem to work for me
Bettyaoi
ultra-n00b

Post by Bettyaoi »

I get this when I launch Noesis, anyone has a fix for this ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andree
veteran

Post by andree »

Bettyaoi wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:10 pm I get this when I launch Noesis, anyone has a fix for this ?
Did you put this into the right folder?
PuellaSins
ultra-n00b

Post by PuellaSins »

This topic is a bit old, but I seem to have issues getting the script to unpack the .pac files. I have Python installed, but when I drag the .pac file over KLK_Switch.py, nothing happens (Like it won't even let me drag it into the script). Anyone know why it's doing this?

Edit: I realized I was trying to use a 32 bit python instead of 64 bit, my bad.

Do you think there is a way to repack .pac files for modding purposes?