Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Tokyo Xanadu eX+ Viewer/Extractor

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Tokyo Xanadu eX+ Viewer/Extractor

Post by akderebur »

Hello,

here is a tool for viewing/extracting models and textures from the PC game Tokyo Xanadu eX+. It can only open "dds.phyre" and "dae.phyre" files. You will need to decompress the game archive first to get these files. Check out these tools for doing that :
BRA Decompress
PKG Decompress

Program overview:

How to use
- File -> Open to load a single file. File -> Open Folder to load all the files inside a folder.
- Export -> Export All to export all loaded files (meshes as IQE(skinned)/Obj, textures as png).
- You can select the mesh/texture in the file list to see a preview. Don't close the mesh preview window, once you open it. Or you need to restart the app to open it again.
- You can export files one at a time by clicking "Save as Obj/Iqe/Png".

How to open/convert IQE
viewtopic.php?p=138153#p138153

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qen1b8be8 ... er_Upd.rar

Note: You need to have .Net 4.6.2 installed.

I don't own the game yet, so I made the program based on some sample files I found online. They were all character models and they seemed to work fine. If you have problems loading a model, send me a pm with a sample file and I will try to fix it.

Example exported model
Last edited by akderebur on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MVEGETA
ultra-n00b

Re: Tokyo Xanadu eX+ Viewer/Extractor

Post by MVEGETA »

Amazing! You just made my day by providing the tools for this lovely game, thank you so much akderebur!

I'm currently testing how this tool works. I'll let you know if I find any bugs or whatever.

EDIT: I sent you a PM with some problems I faced.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Updated the tool, you can download the new version from the link in the first post.

What's new
- Lot more character/monster models can be loaded now. Almost all of them should work. Thanks to MVEGETA for testing.
- Added support for maps
- Fixed some problems with the IQE export

Map objects :

Note: Model preview doesn't work well with maps, it might be easier to directly export the models as obj and view them in a 3D software.
MVEGETA
ultra-n00b

Post by MVEGETA »

I was more than happy to be a part of this effort, even though all I did was some testing and providing you with files.

We now have a tool that can successfully extract almost everything from Tokyo Xanadu EX+ and it's all thanks to you! :)
Given that, I don't think that a further update will be needed anytime soon.
asdzx34
ultra-n00b

Post by asdzx34 »

akderebur wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:10 pm Hello,

here is a tool for viewing/extracting models and textures from the PC game Tokyo Xanadu eX+. It can only open "dds.phyre" and "dae.phyre" files. You will need to decompress the game archive first to get these files. Check out these tools for doing that :
BRA Decompress
PKG Decompress

Program overview:

How to use
- File -> Open to load a single file. File -> Open Folder to load all the files inside a folder.
- Export -> Export All to export all loaded files (meshes as IQE(skinned)/Obj, textures as png).
- You can select the mesh/texture in the file list to see a preview. Don't close the mesh preview window, once you open it. Or you need to restart the app to open it again.
- You can export files one at a time by clicking "Save as Obj/Iqe/Png".

How to open/convert IQE
viewtopic.php?p=138153#p138153

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qen1b8be8 ... er_Upd.rar

Note: You need to have .Net 4.6.2 installed.

I don't own the game yet, so I made the program based on some sample files I found online. They were all character models and they seemed to work fine. If you have problems loading a model, send me a pm with a sample file and I will try to fix it.

Example exported model
I lost the file because I didn't call it. Does Monga have to plug it in separately? Or do I have to install something else?
uyjulian
n00b

Post by uyjulian »

Use de4dot.