Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Raban
beginner

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by Raban »

No matter what I do, when playing an animation everything is always messed up. Does somebody know what's the reason behind this?

When extracting the models I used their corresponding "mesh_skeleton_rootbone" and converted the smd via Noesis (current) to fbx. When converting the .morpheme file I used "humanoidragdollcomponents.core_2.animskel" (I tried the other two as well but the "..._2.animskel" seems to be the right one) like this:"horizon 0761_02.morpheme humanoidragdollcomponents.core_2.animskel".

Is perhaps something wrong with the weight paint, because I also noticed that not all vertices of the hairmesh where assigned to their vertex group, but that was easy to remedy since they had only one.

screen.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Cloth and other physic-driven parts are not controlled by animation.
So you have to do something about it yourself. Weight them, apply some physics or such.
Raban
beginner

Post by Raban »

daemon1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:03 pm Cloth and other physic-driven parts are not controlled by animation.
So you have to do something about it yourself. Weight them, apply some physics or such.
I realize I'm out of my depths here, but wouldn't that mean that these parts don't get deformed at all instead of being distorted by the animation - there's not a single part of the model that get's deformed correctly in its entirety. You're saying it looks the very same at your end?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

no, most parts are ok on my end, i'm not sure whats going on on your picture, its hard to say
are you sure you added all outfit parts to matrices before extracting final model?
this can lead to only base model weighted correctly
Raban
beginner

Post by Raban »

daemon1 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:41 pm are you sure you added all outfit parts to matrices before extracting final model?
I assumed that the matrices file get's updated or the necessary information added to it everytime I use horizon.exe on one of the core files containing relevant mesh-data.

Do I have to do this manually, like unpack the first .core, move it and its matrices-file somewhere else, then unpack the second one and copy the content of the new matrices-file to the old one and then in the end - when I unpack rootskeleton - move the fully updated matrices-file back into the directory where the horizon.exe is?

The way I do it is the following: I run horizon on the relevant ressource, meaning "horizon /e models/characters/humans/aloyundergarment/animation/parts/aloyhair_ct_a_lx", "horizon /e models/characters/humans/aloyundergarment/animation/parts/aloyundergarment_ct_a_lx" and "horizon /e models/characters/humans/aloyundergarment/animation/skeletons/mesh_skeleton_rootbone". Then I drag and drop "aloyundergarment_ct_a_lx.core", "aloyhair_ct_a_lx" and finally "mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core" on "horizon.exe". Each time I get an .ascii, a .smd, plus the file matrices becomes bigger. The I copy the content of the skeleton-smd-file and paste that at the top of every other .smd-file. Then I use noesis to load the models and export them as fbx.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ok it seems outfits weighthing is more complex than i expected
sorry, i can't help you
Raban
beginner

Post by Raban »

After seeing your video in which you show the animations working with the default female body-model, I tried that one out and still have the same problem, which is just puzzling - is there anything else one needs to do to get this working?

Also, when converting from .smd to .fbx Noesis is always giving me this error: "Error: Unexpected syntax in skeleton definition." Is this what's causing problems?
When pasting the data from the "mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.smd" I always paste it in its entirety - is that correct or do I perhaps have to omit stuff like "version 1" or "nodes" or delete these from the .smd I paste into?

Edit:
Thanks to nightwolf1982 I can rule out that this is what's causing the issue.
To get rid of the error one must indeed delete "version 1" and "nodes" from the beginning of the mesh-file the skeleton is pasted into.
Last edited by Raban on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

Oooooookay, I think I'm getting the hang of these models, at least, I've got a working model for Child Aloy, except for her head. I can't seem to find either the child version or the adult version of Aloy's head. Only the baby version so far.
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

Never mind, figured it out!
JohnHudeski
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JohnHudeski »

Should I be concerned?
E:\HZD>Horizon.exe /p list.txt
File not found in cache! animation_objects/me_guard/animations/me_guard_stand_idle2negative.core
File not found in cache! cinematics/cinematic_object_collections/scenes/mq09_cut_anotherhatch_objects.core
File not found in cache! cinematics/cinematic_object_collections/scenes/mq09_cut_meetinghades_objects.core
File not found in cache! cinematics/cinematic_object_collections/scenes/mq09_ressurectedwarbot_objects.core
File not found in cache! cinematics/mainquests/mq090_cut_anotherhatch/mq09_audioseq_anotherhatch.core
File not found in cache! cinematics/mainquests/mq090_cut_anotherhatch/mq090cutanotherhatch.core
File not found in cache! cinematics/mainquests/mq090_cut_anotherhatch/mq090cutanotherhatch_facts.core
File not found in cache! entities/collectables/collactable_vantage/collectable_vantage_04.core
File not found in cache! entities/crowdsetups/setups/nora/mothers_heart/mq6_7_grief/mq6_7_grief_cemetarycrowd.core
File not found in cache! entities/crowdsetups/setups/nora/mothers_heart/mq6_7_grief/mq6_7_grief_socialareacrowd.core
File not found in cache! entities/crowdsetups/setups/nora/mothers_watch/motherswatch_spawnsetups.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/commercial_location/trade_desire/travelmerch/animations/travel_merch_f_attractfar.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/leisure_location/entertainment_desire/kidsitlow/so_kidsitlow.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/leisure_location/entertainment_desire/kidsitlow/so_kidsitlow_facts.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/leisure_location/entertainment_desire/matriarchsermon/animations/matriarchsermon_f_idle.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/leisure_location/entertainment_desire/matriarchsermon/animations/matriarchsermon_f_idle1.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/leisure_location/entertainment_desire/matriarchsermon/animations/matriarchsermon_f_idle2.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/leisure_location/entertainment_desire/matriarchsermon/animations/matriarchsermon_f_idle3.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/leisure_location/entertainment_desire/matriarchsermon/animations/matriarchsermon_f_mount.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/misc_location/beg_desire/begstnd/variations/so_begstnd_rv.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/misc_location/beg_desire/begstnd/variations/so_begstnd_rv_facts.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/motherswatch_prayercrowd/griefkneel/griefkneel_grandprayer.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/motherswatch_prayercrowd/griefkneel/griefkneel_grandprayer_facts.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/motherswatch_prayercrowd/griefstnd_grandprayer.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/motherswatch_prayercrowd/griefstnd_grandprayer_facts.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/motherswatch_prayercrowd/matriarchsermon/matriarchsermon_grandprayer.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/motherswatch_prayercrowd/matriarchsermon/matriarchsermon_grandprayer_facts.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/motherswatch_prayercrowd/praying_grandprayer.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/motherswatch_prayercrowd/praying_grandprayer_facts.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/no_desire/nora/no_triage/no_triage.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/no_desire/nora/no_triage/no_triage_facts.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leather_work_m_bevel.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leather_work_m_bo_neutral.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leather_work_m_bo_positive.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leather_work_m_dismount.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leather_work_m_holeleft.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leather_work_m_idle2negative.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leather_work_m_mount.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leather_work_m_mount_2.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leather_work_m_negative.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leather_work_m_negative2idle.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leather_work_m_pickup.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leather_work_m_putdown.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leather_work_m_score.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leather_work_m_soak.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leather_work_m_stamp.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leatherwork_f_dismount.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leatherwork_f_idle.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leatherwork_f_idle1.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leatherwork_f_idle2.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leatherwork_f_idle3.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leatherwork_f_idle4.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leatherwork_f_pickup.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/animations/leatherwork_f_putdown.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/so_leatherworker.core
File not found in cache! entities/smartobjects/work_location/work_desire/artisans/leatherworker/so_leatherworker_facts.core
File not found in cache! entities/spawnsetups/characters/shops/shop_vendor_instances/shop_vendor_trader_mesacity_market_01.core
File not found in cache! entities/spawnsetups/characters/shops/shop_vendor_instances/shop_vendor_trader_mesacity_market_03.core
File not found in cache! entities/spawnsetups/characters/shops/shop_vendor_instances/shop_vendor_trader_mesacity_market_05.core
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

This was asked before, but how do I combine the head and bodies? Specifically, how do I merge the skeletons in Blender?
Raban
beginner

Post by Raban »

nightwolf1982 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:36 am This was asked before, but how do I combine the head and bodies? Specifically, how do I merge the skeletons in Blender?
To the best of my knowledge:

case I Both models share the very same skeleton, i.e. exact same bones OR they share at least one bone and you don't care about loosing the functionality of the others:

Once you've both imported - best in different collections - you unparent one mesh, i.e. the one you want to transfer, from its skeleton by Alt+P (Object Mode) -> clear and keep transfrom -> select that mesh and press CTRL+A -> apply all transforms -> with that mesh selected, select the other armature which thus becomes the active object -> press CTRL+P and parent -> go to the modifier-tab and update the object of the armature-modifier.

case II You want to transfer and integrate bones from one armature into another:

First make sure you know where the new bones have to be placed in terms of the bone-hierarchy of the skeleton you want to transfer them into, meaning determine which bone will be the parent of those bones. Preferably both armatures share some or at least one bone - which is actually the case here as both have the neck-bones.
In Edit Mode select inside the outliner-tab all the bones you want to transfer (remember that you can invert a selection by pressing CTRL+I). Make sure your cursor is inside the viewport-tab, press P -> seperate bones. You should now have an entire new armature listed in your outliner. Go into Object Mode select it and then select the armature you want to place the bones into. Now press CTRL+J to join both. The bones of the armature you've just had created should now be listed right under rootBone with their hierarchy intact. Still in Edit Mode, select the one on top of the hierarchy, i.e. the one that is listed right under rootBone, and then their new parent bone. Make sure your cursor is inside the viewport-tab and then press CTRL+P -> parent (I have found it best to choose the keep offset option).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The redfox-model, for example, is playing its animations just fine, meaning no issues whatsoever. Unfortunately the same can't be said about any of the human models including defaultmale and defaultfemale (haven't tested robots yet):

Scene.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nightwolf1982
veteran

Post by nightwolf1982 »

Ran into a small issue. While trying to texture Child Aloy's eyebrows, I discovered that the SMD extraction didn't include the UVs for the eyebrows. I haven't run into anything else with this issue, and I can get the missing UVs from the ascii export, but it'll be something to keep an eye out for.
seearele
ultra-n00b

Post by seearele »

daemon1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:13 pm
GuillermoGatoto wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:56 am Hi!

Does anyone know how to access the voice files?

I can't seem to find them after extracting everything with the tool. I think only sound effects like robot sounds and footsteps are extracted.

Thanks!
Voice files are extracted.
Please clarify how can voice files should be extracted - there is nothing about it in instruction.

First of all I can't understand where is .core files for the localized sentences. I suppose there should be thousands of such files, but I searched for them in sounds/ and localized/ directories - seems there is nothing here.

Secondly, I found something similar to music, but this is can not be extracted too. For example I found a file packed_pink/sounds/music/credits/wav/credits_thematic.core - nothing extracted. The same problem with credits.soundbank.core, real .soundbank is not extracted for me.

Is there anyone who succeeded to get the original voice/music files?
iLeonidze
ultra-n00b

Post by iLeonidze »

seearele wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:33 am
daemon1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:13 pm
GuillermoGatoto wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:56 am Hi!

Does anyone know how to access the voice files?

I can't seem to find them after extracting everything with the tool. I think only sound effects like robot sounds and footsteps are extracted.

Thanks!
Voice files are extracted.
Please clarify how can voice files should be extracted - there is nothing about it in instruction.

First of all I can't understand where is .core files for the localized sentences. I suppose there should be thousands of such files, but I searched for them in sounds/ and localized/ directories - seems there is nothing here.

Secondly, I found something similar to music, but this is can not be extracted too. For example I found a file packed_pink/sounds/music/credits/wav/credits_thematic.core - nothing extracted. The same problem with credits.soundbank.core, real .soundbank is not extracted for me.

Is there anyone who succeeded to get the original voice/music files?
I'm trying to figure this out for a weeks, it seems that tool does not support for that and that’s why. Let’s go to file localized\sentences\aigenerated\aloy\sentences.core. As I suppose most .core files do not contain any real data inside, but have a lot of meta information, for example describing relationships between objects in game engine, but this «sentences.core» file seems contains something interesting. If we will dive into it we will find that this file have relationships between sentences and their voice acting. It seems that the voice id is as follows: SENTENCE_00357891-7f50-4b77-879c-423156afd227 where 00357891-7f50-4b77-879c-423156afd227 is the unique identifier of the object in the data engine of the game and SENTENCE is the object type. Also we can see that there is a link to the directory localized/voices/aloy. And actually we have such .core file. I will make the assumption that localized/voices/aloy is another object and should contain a lot of SENTENCE objects. It seems that there should be voice files in a very large number. In theory, this should be unpacked, but for some reason this does not happen. Also in the .core file itself there is no information about its contents, there are only language translations. I tried to search with a hex editor in all .bin files, but it seems that they are somehow obfuscated or packed and it does not work to find the occurrences. It would be much easier to understand what is in the .bin files, but the author did not publish the source code of his tool.

@daemon1 please help us. Maybe we are doing something wrong? Can you or somebody else show us an example of how to extract voice files correctly? Instruction/vid or something like that?