Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Mortal Kombat 11 .xxx files

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
WhateverDudes
ultra-n00b

Mortal Kombat 11 .xxx files

Post by WhateverDudes »

Been trying to figure out how to get the audio files out of a .xxx file in Mortal Kombat 11. Someone apparently managed to get the Main Menu theme extracted out of the .xxx file, but hasn't really showed or explained how he did this. Here's a download link from the thread I found before with some of the .xxx files.

If anything else is needed, let me know.
Luriam
advanced

Re: Mortal Kombat 11 .xxx files

Post by Luriam »

Heheyy that's my zip :D

I'm also quite interested in this. I'll try to PM Shokoniraya who found a way to extract the .wav, maybe he'll reply
WhateverDudes
ultra-n00b

Post by WhateverDudes »

Oh hey! Do let me know if they respond!
Luriam
advanced

Post by Luriam »

Ok so I didn't get a reply yet but I kinda got it working my own way. First you have to decompress all the .xxx files that have sounds in them. I didn't know which ones were that so I decompressed all of them

Use QuickBMS and this script by Shokoniraya

Then I used Ravioli Game Tools Extractor to scan all the newly decompressed .xxx files. Changed the settings to this and it automatically converted all the .wems to .oggs or .wavs for me.

The only downside is that I have no idea what I'm doing and as such there are no real file names for any of these files, sorry

OGG1

OGG2

Update: Ok so the .xxx files have everything except the actual character voice lines, banter, etc. Those are located inside the .psf files. They don't need decompressing, so just repeat that last step and extract-convert them with Ravioli.

OGG3 (Cassie)

OGG4 (Liu Kang)
Last edited by Luriam on Sat May 04, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhateverDudes
ultra-n00b

Post by WhateverDudes »

This worked, holy fuck! Amazing job, dude. A bit of a bummer that the files don't have the proper names, but fortunately, most files that you extract are properly labled anyway, and I am sure we will get a proper extractor sometime.

I also saw that you did what I wanted to do; extracting the Johnny Cage Announcer. :P

Although looking at it again, some files seem to still not work, the "Media" files especially, which for the announcer packs probably means stuff like "x Wins!", "FATALITY!" etc.
Luriam
advanced

Post by Luriam »

Thank you, all credit to Shokoniraya. They're the one who did all the actual work by figuring out how to decompress the .xxx files. I was just pressing buttons hoping that something would stick :) I'm glad it worked though, have fun
alex3228
ultra-n00b

Post by alex3228 »

help me extract the sounds of nunchuk hit Liu Kang's, when I try to decompile any file in QuickBMS through a script, I just have such a file. maybe I'm doing something wrong?Image
WhateverDudes
ultra-n00b

Post by WhateverDudes »

You have to use the Ravioli Game Tools Extractor on that file then with the settings that were posted above.
Demonslayerx8
veteran

Post by Demonslayerx8 »

the audio format in the switch version is RIFF style header, but in WEM format in case if anyone was wondering.
zeaofsuos
beginner

ADMIN, PLEASE DELETE.

Post by zeaofsuos »

ADMIN, PLEASE DELETE.
Last edited by zeaofsuos on Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cruiser44000
ultra-n00b

Post by cruiser44000 »

Hi guys,

I saw some people swapped the announcer. Do you know if there is a way to swap audio files in the game? or characters models?

Thanks
lazy420
ultra-n00b

Post by lazy420 »

sorry to revive this topic so many years after, but does anyone know why quickbms doesn't extract anything into the target folder that I spessifyed