Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
probe88
beginner

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic - Beta

Post by probe88 »

Can i swap malgus armor model+texture to use it as player in game?
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

probe88 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:11 pm Can i swap malgus armor model+texture to use it as player in game?
I think there might be a way through the modding utility included in SWTOR Fan's Nude Mod. I don't know if there's a thread in Xentax about it, but there's this one here that could help.

I played with the tool before discovering this thread. Despite producing error messages when run (possibly out of differences between the contents of the game files at the time it was made and current ones?) it works well: Just press enter when they appear until it finishes the task. One can play with the text file describing the meshes and texture files changes and test the results quite easily: It's quite straightforward.
probe88
beginner

Post by probe88 »

Big thanks, will try :)
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

When using the tool, remember to apply the mod after you launch the game launcher and it finishes verifying the files before activating the button to start the game. If you apply it before that, the launcher will see the modded files as corrupted and will simply redownload them.

After playing with the modded game, you apply the tool to revert the changes so that the launcher doesn't do that redownloading the next time you play.
probe88
beginner

Post by probe88 »

ZeroGravitas wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:46 pm When using the tool, remember to apply the mod after you launch the game launcher and it finishes verifying the files before activating the button to start the game. If you apply it before that, the launcher will see the modded files as corrupted and will simply redownload them.

After playing with the modded game, you apply the tool to revert the changes so that the launcher doesn't do that redownloading the next time you play.
And maybe you know do i need to extract gr2 and dds files and only after that make a replacement

or i can replace it inside the game.

e.g

replace /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/outfit/all_naked_body/texture/___psd/chest_naked_caucasian_young_a01c01_bfa_h.dds /resources/art/dynamic/player_character/textureineed.dds
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

I believe you need to extract them first and place them in the tool's "files" folder, so that it can have them at hand to do the swapping :think: EasyMyp could help there.

Without EasyMyp, a way to extract them might be by using the modding tool to substitute the Malgus stuff with, say, the nude model assets that come with it. My guess is that the Malgus items would be stored in a temporary folder (for the tool to be able to put them back in place when finished playing), so one could make a copy while they are there.

(I'm just thinking aloud. It's been a long while since the last time I used it, so I'm not sure about this)
probe88
beginner

Post by probe88 »

swtor miner wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:06 am I didn't have any trouble extracting the textures for malgus's model.

They were in swtor_main_art_creature_a_1.tor - "\resources\art\dynamic\npc\unique_characters\texture\___psd\"

It is strange but no such folder in swtor_main_art_creature_a_1.tor or any other tor arhives
probe88
beginner

Post by probe88 »

ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

I have the whole game assets extracted via the hash files RealymanLP kindly linked to a few posts ago, and by searching for "Malgus" I find there are some single mesh Malgus characters (classified as 'creature') indeed. I'm sorry I can't try checking the TOR files right now, but certainly Malgus must be somewhere in there, for sure.

Now that I realise, that those Malgus models are single mesh ones including the armor, pre-geared, as it were, might be a problem for what you wanted to achieve (replace your player character with Malgus, If I got that right?). I don't know what the game will do when adding your character's gear to it.
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

probe88 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:48 pm https://i.ibb.co/nsBkXjC/image.png
Try directly inside the creature/model folder instead of the NPC one.

(you can open the hash file inside some text editor and do searches there, too. EasyMyp's file tree depends on that file's data, after all)
probe88
beginner

Post by probe88 »

ZeroGravitas wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:01 pm Try directly inside the creature/model folder instead of the NPC one.
Nope, not there.
ZeroGravitas wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:01 pm (you can open the hash file inside some text editor and do searches there, too. EasyMyp's file tree depends on that file's data, after all)
Already tried. hash told

8C0DF5D5#4356B2C8#/resources/art/dynamic/npc/unique_characters/texture/___psd/bms_malgus_a01_v01_d.dds#84D9DA47

But it doesnt tell how to find it..
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

Aw, you are right about the directory route. The thing is, I actually have that file there: I'm looking at it right now. But I can't look at what TOR file it is inside of, at the moment. Sorry :(
probe88
beginner

Post by probe88 »

ZeroGravitas wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:59 pm I have the whole game assets extracted via the hash files RealymanLP kindly linked to a few posts ago
Can you give me a link? [roll]
ZeroGravitas
veteran

Post by ZeroGravitas »

Yeah, it's this post in the previous page of this thread :)
https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php? ... 95#p153724
probe88
beginner

Post by probe88 »

ZeroGravitas wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:23 pm Yeah, it's this post in the previous page of this thread :)
https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php? ... 95#p153724
Oh i misunderstand you, i thought someone already upload whole exctracted files somewhere :D

Latest hashfile i already have, but thanks you anyway ;)