Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dino Crisis 2

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
KevinHB
ultra-n00b

Dino Crisis 2

Post by KevinHB »

Hi! Anyone knows how to rip the midi (seq, PSF, etc) files from Dino Crisis 2? Is only to make sheet music. I doesn't need the soundfonts or something, only the note sequence. I'm a music student and love the OST. I searched all about this (even dead forums) and I didn't found nothing. I even rip that files from classic REs. But with Dino Crisis 2 it seems impossible. I hope anyone that can help me!
Even files without names or something like that is useful. I will try it one by one. The only tool that I see that can help is a old version of BioFat (that can extract dat files from Dino Crisis 2), but I can't find it. Dino Clasher doesn't extract the audio files, only textures and other data.
Thanks for your response!
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Dino Crisis 2

Post by DKDave »

The music in Dino Crisis 2 isn't MIDI - they're just normal .mp3 files, at least in the PC version.

These music files and ambient audio are stored in the ME_, MF_ and MS_ DAT archives, which don't seem to contain any other data.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

If you're only after the music, it'd be easier to do a search for the soundtrack online honestly.
The soundtrack for the first and second games are available in many places online.The game doesn't contain any music thats not in the soundtrack.
Soundtracks also available on spotify here: https://open.spotify.com/album/0FCETd2GkvnfBj2zaGi8er
KevinHB
ultra-n00b

Post by KevinHB »

Thanks you all for your response!

I don't need the music, I already have the soundtrack in MP3. I use the seq files to make sheet music, because I'm a music student.
I also add that yesterday I was able to rip one MIDI file from the ST609.dat (or 906, I don't remember) file. I will try to rip all the ST files to find all the soundtrack. I hope that I can rip it all and upload the entire OST midis to VGMusic, to have the sheets music for the entire OST.
KevinHB
ultra-n00b

Post by KevinHB »

Update: I was able to rip only that single midi. I can't find the other midis.