Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

[HELP] Total War: Three Kingdoms .rigid_model_v2

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
wanglata
beginner

[HELP] Total War: Three Kingdoms .rigid_model_v2

Post by wanglata »

The game uses the same TW3 engine as WH2 but has been upgraded so the old plugins can't used. Can anyone help me? :cry:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19ULs_ ... 7EasDItYZi
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: [HELP] Total War: Three Kingdoms .rigid_model_v2

Post by zaramot »

No .anim sample, so no skin and bones. But here's the script

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Making model-import scripts, PM
wanglata
beginner

Post by wanglata »

wow, too fast, I'm really impressed. Here are some sample animation files
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wuQXu ... GnFfSTeugH

The script works very fine. Is there any chance to export back .rigid_model_v2 format?
Nguyen Thanh Tùng
beginner

Post by Nguyen Thanh Tùng »

wanglata wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:04 pm wow, too fast, I'm really impressed. Here are some sample animation files
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wuQXu ... GnFfSTeugH

The script works very fine. Is there any chance to export back .rigid_model_v2 format?
Can I ask the script to extract the pack file ??
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

wanglata wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:04 pm The script works very fine. Is there any chance to export back .rigid_model_v2 format?
It's possible, format isn't hard, but I'm not planning to do it (due to several reasons). I really want to make models import with bones and weights, it's also not hard, so I will do it when I will have free time and opportunity!
Leo73
beginner

Post by Leo73 »

i think back-importing to the game will be possible when the official Modding Tools out there, but just like in the past years, you will need a 3D program ( probably 3DS Max, as before). And What the Developers never provided in all the years, was Import-Tools, so its great to have that script :)
Leo73
beginner

Post by Leo73 »

work that script on ship-models too, actually? Have someone tested it?
wanglata
beginner

Post by wanglata »

Nguyen Thanh Tùng wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:09 am Can I ask the script to extract the pack file ??
https://sourceforge.net/projects/packfilemanager/
zaramot wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:54 pm It's possible, format isn't hard, but I'm not planning to do it (due to several reasons). I really want to make models import with bones and weights, it's also not hard, so I will do it when I will have free time and opportunity!
As Leo73 said, we can wait until the official mod tool is released, but it will probably take a long time, and I want to create some mod for the community. Anyway, thank you so much for the great script.
Leo73 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:46 pm work that script on ship-models too, actually? Have someone tested it?
According to speculation is possible
Leo73
beginner

Post by Leo73 »

The official mod tools are released, but i think there is again no tool or script in this pack to import 3d models into a 3d program. Today i hope i get the chance to test Zaramots script on several models :)
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

No model import?! In official mod tools? Lol, guys who could tell me what exactly this "mod tools" are doing? Is there any export option or maybe with this tool you could inject .fbx files like witcher 3 modding tool are doing?

P.S. I made an update to import models with bones and weights, going to post it later if there's no import option or model converter for this game atm.
Leo73
beginner

Post by Leo73 »

there are Maya_Exporter and 3dsMax_Exporter, but as far as i know they export models from maya or max, and thats all. Then there are some example models we can import to have a skeleton etc., but for characters we only have two of those examples unfortunately. The Modding Tools are for database editing, unit variation editing, map editing and what-not, even model importing to the game, but no model import to a 3D program except of the very few example files.
Leo73
beginner

Post by Leo73 »

now i tested some models and for characters the script works like a charm =)

then i tested the script for ships and buildings, and both do not work unfortunately. Do you plan to add support for them too?
Leo73
beginner

Post by Leo73 »

For anyone interested: Ultimate Unwrap 3D with the etw plugin works perfectly nice with Three Kingdoms-models. This way we also can import Buildings and Ships to a 3D program.

Nevertheless i would like to say thank you to Zaramot for his efforts and his script.
mentor
ultra-n00b

Post by mentor »

zaramot wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:37 am No .anim sample, so no skin and bones. But here's the script

Tnx for this Nice work of yours
but it doesn't work for proxy_rigid_model_v2 files
would you fix it?
dong_zhuo_proxy_01_rigid_model_v2.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wanglata
beginner

Post by wanglata »

Leo73 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:33 am For anyone interested: Ultimate Unwrap 3D with the etw plugin works perfectly nice with Three Kingdoms-models. This way we also can import Buildings and Ships to a 3D program.

Nevertheless i would like to say thank you to Zaramot for his efforts and his script.
Ahaha, I'm a free modder, so buy a $60 program to make some free mod, uhm, nah... :oops: