Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Senran Kagura: New Link (.BUM) help 3d models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
aoba200941
beginner

Senran Kagura: New Link (.BUM) help 3d models

Post by aoba200941 »

(: hello everyone I would love if you could help with my problem (:

pl19_mdl.zip
:D Thank you so much for all your help :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aoba200941
beginner

Re: Senran Kagura: New Link (.BUM) help 3d models

Post by aoba200941 »

:owned2: extrange this model with ninja ripper but how to get the original bones

any comment would be very helpful :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramenraisin
ultra-n00b

Post by ramenraisin »

I tried to load the models with the same plugin from this thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16034 but they just crash noesis. No idea how to go about getting them otherwise. Would be helpful to me if you could dump those .obj you extracted but that's on you.
b59943201
ultra-n00b

Post by b59943201 »

Excuse me aoba200941,

Can you tell me how to make .BUM file to .obj file?

thank you Very much! :blue:
aoba200941
beginner

Post by aoba200941 »

b59943201 wrote:Excuse me aoba200941,

Can you tell me how to make .BUM file to .obj file?

thank you Very much! :blue:

nox player and ninja ripper

since there are no scripts for this game :(
yyyy.png
aoba200941
beginner

Post by aoba200941 »

ramenraisin wrote:I tried to load the models with the same plugin from this thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16034 but they just crash noesis. No idea how to go about getting them otherwise. Would be helpful to me if you could dump those .obj you extracted but that's on you.

https://mega.nz/#!aRkCVDZA!NQASAej4NOTF ... Vb0_62BfOg
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

I slightly modified chrrox's script to work with your sample. I don't know if it is reliable though, more samples would be good.

Try it yourself on other files. Don't forget to remove chrrox's script before using this.
Last edited by akderebur on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aoba200941
beginner

Post by aoba200941 »

akderebur wrote:I slightly modified chrrox's script to work with your sample. I don't know if it is reliable though, more samples would be good.

Try it yourself on other files. Don't forget to remove chrrox's script before using this.

woow is a great job thank you very much :bravo:
aoba200941
beginner

Post by aoba200941 »

akderebur wrote:I slightly modified chrrox's script to work with your sample. I don't know if it is reliable though, more samples would be good.

https://mega.nz/#!YgAEEbqK!NwscAy9Y-D5e ... EZlUkvZXX8
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

The problem was that the model didn't have the expected tag for the root bone. I made it so that the first bone will be used as root. I have updated the attachment in my previous post.

Also I have noticed that the actual reason why the original script doesn't work is that there are multiple bones with no parent in these models. The modification I made basically loads the model by skipping other root bones (only loads the first). So don't trust this script at all for getting the skeleton. There is a high chance that the weights will be messed up, but it might work for some. Still it can be easier than ninjaripper for getting static meshes.

I would need to get more invested in this format and improve myself on noesis to make a proper script. Unfortunately I don't have the time and interest for that. I hope this script can help you a bit as it is. Maybe someone can make something proper later.
Arymond
advanced

Post by Arymond »

How did you get the BUM files i only see LZS's in the Directory.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r17mogczr26dj ... l.lzs?dl=0
wansf
veteran

Post by wansf »

akderebur wrote:The problem was that the model didn't have the expected tag for the root bone. I made it so that the first bone will be used as root. I have updated the attachment in my previous post.

Also I have noticed that the actual reason why the original script doesn't work is that there are multiple bones with no parent in these models. The modification I made basically loads the model by skipping other root bones (only loads the first). So don't trust this script at all for getting the skeleton. There is a high chance that the weights will be messed up, but it might work for some. Still it can be easier than ninjaripper for getting static meshes.

I would need to get more invested in this format and improve myself on noesis to make a proper script. Unfortunately I don't have the time and interest for that. I hope this script can help you a bit as it is. Maybe someone can make something proper later.
i use ur noesis script to export model but somehow the UVs are totally fked up , is that my problem or their protection method?
wansf
veteran

Post by wansf »

2spooky4me

@Arymond , u need to use quickbms lzs script first
DarkElfNinja
ultra-n00b

Post by DarkElfNinja »

wansf wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:10 pm i use ur noesis script to export model but somehow the UVs are totally fked up , is that my problem or their protection method?
I'm having the same problem. After using the QuickBMS LZS script to extract the LZS and then exporting the BUM file to OBJ in Noesis, the UVs are completely busted. It appears that the models have at least 2 UVs (or more) and either Noesis or the LZS script is merging them into one UV. I can't tell which is the culprit since I'm really rusty at this type of thing. Has anyone managed to solve this problem? :?:
wansf
veteran

Post by wansf »

mr.akderebur please help :lol:

more model file in case u need them
https://www80.zippyshare.com/v/G55ekTgk/file.html