Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Trying to extract sounds from the original Resident evil 2

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
jokoon
ultra-n00b

Trying to extract sounds from the original Resident evil 2

Post by jokoon »

I have the PC version, in its sound folder it has EDH and SAP files.

I googled it a little, but did not find anything really worthwhile. I could not find Nova extractor, VLC can't read it, foobar has a plugin but it doesn't read it either.

Apparently SAP should be atari, but I think Re2 has 16 bits or 24bits sound...

I tried emulating the game to record the sounds, but either the game runs too fast (even with the framerate limiter which doesn't work), or my computer fails to record it properly, it's dirty and the sound is degraded.

So I come to you!

I attached a sample.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Trying to extract sounds from the original Resident evil 2

Post by DKDave »

I've checked my notes I made when I ripped the audio a while ago. I don't know if different releases changed the files in any way, so hopefully this will still apply.

The .SAP files are just standard .WAV files, but with an extra 8 bytes at the start of the file.

You can use VGMToolbox to strip these additional bytes from the start of the file, and they should then play as normal.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
cobaltbluebengal
n00b

Post by cobaltbluebengal »

I have all the sounds from RE2 original, were you after voices, effects, score...

I didn't rip personally I stumbled upon it online a while ago but its still on my HDD if you want me to upload it somewhere?

Adam,
donovan
ultra-n00b

Post by donovan »

hi guys !

I'm looking for these sounds for a while (re1 remake and re2 remake) but I can't find it !!

Does anybody knows where I can extract or DL it please ?