Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Final Fantasy X Maps

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Bazza
n00b

Re: Final Fantasy X Maps

Post by Bazza »

Allowed myself new trees, but kept the original grass textures (albeit with new quad placement, as GPU compute particles with the new Unity VFX system).

Added new (freely available, UAS) palm trees and bushes with custom shader for wind movement / translucence
Added custom shader for flags/banners, with wind movement / translucence
Moved from old quad-based terrain to splatmap terrain system (saves draw calls, simplifies everything)
Slight adjustments to tonemapping settings.

Enjoy!
Entrance_LQ.jpg
EDIT: This will be it for my Besaid Temple. I've got a few more screenshots at higher res but I'm saving them for later use. I can't really go much further without changing the geometry; weak points are the houses, props, etc. Grass sprites are also a major weak point, they were authored for a very archaic type of use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

Bazza wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:36 am Allowed myself new trees, but kept the original grass textures (albeit with new quad placement, as GPU compute particles with the new Unity VFX system).

Added new (freely available, UAS) palm trees and bushes with custom shader for wind movement / translucence
Added custom shader for flags/banners, with wind movement / translucence
Moved from old quad-based terrain to splatmap terrain system (saves draw calls, simplifies everything)
Slight adjustments to tonemapping settings.

Enjoy!

Entrance_LQ.jpg

EDIT: This will be it for my Besaid Temple. I've got a few more screenshots at higher res but I'm saving them for later use. I can't really go much further without changing the geometry; weak points are the houses, props, etc. Grass sprites are also a major weak point, they were authored for a very archaic type of use.
Blender hates me because I barely can do that. I can just import a simple model & export it.
And 3D Max have not being too good for render either way.

Now, about the background models:

I kind recommend use NinjaRipper, as it does extract the whole scene with each model with the accurate texture route.
The only drag back, it is that you will need to put it on Forced the NinjaRipper and press it around 4-20 times in each background for get a 100% background models (and 2000+ pieces).
Bazza
n00b

Post by Bazza »

I have the background models, but they are barely acceptable at a PS2 level. Honestly they're not really usable, so I changed them.

There is actually the very background trees in my scene, but I moved them further back from the level so they're almost silhouettes in the fog :ninja:
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

Bazza wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:25 am I have the background models, but they are barely acceptable at a PS2 level. Honestly they're not really usable, so I changed them.

There is actually the very background trees in my scene, but I moved them further back from the level so they're almost silhouettes in the fog :ninja:
I was more talking about the light effect for make it look so realistic and that the texture blend correctly with the lights.
I've try that on 3D Max and I always get horrible result, specially on the texture that they end changing of color accord to the light its used (Daylight system on Mental.Ray. I've try with Vray, but it gives the same result).
Nexus Elite
n00b

Post by Nexus Elite »

was there anyways to extract the maps from the HD remaster?
Bazza
n00b

Post by Bazza »

Darkhowlings wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:31 pm
Bazza wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:25 am I have the background models, but they are barely acceptable at a PS2 level. Honestly they're not really usable, so I changed them.

I was more talking about the light effect for make it look so realistic and that the texture blend correctly with the lights.
I've try that on 3D Max and I always get horrible result, specially on the texture that they end changing of color accord to the light its used (Daylight system on Mental.Ray. I've try with Vray, but it gives the same result).
The lighting is in Unity (2018, HDRP). It uses 'baked realtime' bounced lighting, light probes for small objects (like pots and baskets, etc) and I did some adjustment to the skybox levels so it functions (kinda) like a HDRI for good ambient lighting.

So it's a bit of work to set up, but it got me nice and soft ambient light, and can actually with with a time-of-day system!
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

Bazza wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:25 am The lighting is in Unity (2018, HDRP). It uses 'baked realtime' bounced lighting, light probes for small objects (like pots and baskets, etc) and I did some adjustment to the skybox levels so it functions (kinda) like a HDRI for good ambient lighting.

So it's a bit of work to set up, but it got me nice and soft ambient light, and can actually with with a time-of-day system!
Ok, you just lost me.
To really know if its 3D max or Blender what are you talking right now
Bazza
n00b

Post by Bazza »

Darkhowlings wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:00 pm
Bazza wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:25 am The lighting is in Unity (2018, HDRP). It uses 'baked realtime' bounced lighting, light probes for small objects (like pots and baskets, etc) and I did some adjustment to the skybox levels so it functions (kinda) like a HDRI for good ambient lighting.

Ok, you just lost me.
It's not 3DS Max or Blender.

I'm using Unity3d, Version 2018.3, with the High-Definition-Render-Pipeline.
Darkhowlings
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Darkhowlings »

Bazza wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:25 am]

Ok, you just lost me.
It's not 3DS Max or Blender.

I'm using Unity3d, Version 2018.3, with the High-Definition-Render-Pipeline.
[/quote]

I see, I will give a try.
And thanks for respond!
momentai1018
ultra-n00b

Post by momentai1018 »

I'm currently a noob at this stuff, but I'm learning and right now I'm using Roblox Studio to try and create an online blitzball. I'm currently having to make all my meshes, but I saw this and wanted to know if theres a way for me to use ffx in game map and structure models to use as mesh for my game?
Weignerm
ultra-n00b

Post by Weignerm »

I'm making a remake of Final Fantasy 10 in unreal engine 5. I'm having issues with getting the Textures though. can any of you help?