Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Trying To Rip Voice Clips from Bomberman Generation (GC)

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Pingu
veteran

Re: Trying To Rip Voice Clips from Bomberman Generation (GC)

Post by Pingu »

Haven't gotten the chance to look at the MDT archives yet. But, I will hopefully get the chance soon to figure out the structure of it.
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by DKDave »

I've just discovered that the offset 0xB4 in the MDT archive contains the location of the .seb file. This value is zero if there isn't a .seb file present.

If you use the attached prog to extract .seb files from the MDTs, you should then be able to extract all the voices using Pingu's earlier method. Place all MDTs and the 2 attached files in the same folder and run the batch file to extract all .seb files in one go.

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
SteamyJ
beginner

Post by SteamyJ »

When I try to open the program you provided, the window appears then vanishes. I disabled Windows Firewall and my anti-virus but it didn't change anything.

Sorry to be a bother lol.
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by DKDave »

No bother - just double-click the convert.bat file, not the program directly. That will extract all the .seb files from the MDTs in one go.
I see a vision rising, dreary, Fading in as children play twilight games, In the town called Ordinary, An eye of light reveals a gateway to doomsday
Pingu
veteran

Post by Pingu »

Awesome. Going to port that idea toward a bms script as well because why not :P
SteamyJ
beginner

Post by SteamyJ »

Hey guys. Last night I was able to extract those .seb files from the .mdt files and I got what I was looking for. I am beyond happy and on behalf of the Bomberman community, I thank you both. This is the first time we've ever had these silly, cringey English voices made available. Thanks to your efforts, voices like this are now out in the wild: https://mega.nz/#!OGAWUYID!shPwzRbghjT5 ... 2TOH7-VRZM

Anywho, the only voices I could not find were the ones from Battle mode. It's voices that say the names of the battle modes like "Standard Battle" or "Dodge Battle" as well as things like "Just One More!"

I'm not sure if you guys have stumbled across them, but let me know. I'll look around in the mean time to see what I can find.
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by DKDave »

The battle mode voices are in the file btl.seb in the battle folder.

That should be everything :-)
Pingu
veteran

Post by Pingu »

Just double check every folder, there should be some .seb in there around somewhere :P. Glad we could help! @DKDave if you want to collab on a project... let me know at some point and we could figure something out :P
DKDave
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by DKDave »

Thanks, Pingu. It's always good doing stuff like this, so if there's any other projects to work on, I'll be happy to help if I can.

Dave
SteamyJ
beginner

Post by SteamyJ »

Ah I found it! I now have everything I was looking for. I wanna express again how thankful I am to you two. I went to several forums looking for help and was either ignored or treated somewhat rudely. Not only did you guys help me but you were very kind to me through this process. I really appreciate kind attitudes on the internet so thank you again!

I'll be on the sounds resource website if anyone wants them.
heraldino
ultra-n00b

Post by heraldino »

Guys, please help me, I really want to translate this game to my language, Portuguese, can someone tell me where the text files are? I found the textures, not the texts, can someone give me this help and how to extract and import it if there is already some kind of tool for this?