Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Import Tuner Challenge [XBOX360]

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
REDZOEU
veteran

Re: Import Tuner Challenge [XBOX360]

Post by REDZOEU »

Takukun wrote:Man, they were so close... Maybe something happened irl.

At least you can expect me releasing the Minato Mirai area in the next days.
What game are you going to convert the map to? Assetto Corsa?
Takukun
advanced

Post by Takukun »

REDZOEU wrote:What game are you going to convert the map to? Assetto Corsa?
I'll convert it to GTA 4 just for fun and then release the .max or .obj 3D model files directly.
I seriously need SB01/TXR3's textures though, I've tried all kinds of programs (Texmod, Umod, Ninjaripper) with different versions of PCSX2 to rip them but either the emulator crashes or the textures come out flat, for example 128x1, 256x1...
REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU »

If i'm not mistaken, a guy on another topic (GT6 models topic) said that he converted cars from GT PSP, and used textures from GT4 (GT PSP is more like the mobile version of GT4 anyway). Might wanna ask him how he got the textures from PS2 games.

And if he did answer your question and it works, could you share the method here? I'm kinda interested too.
Takukun
advanced

Post by Takukun »

REDZOEU wrote:And if he did answer your question and it works, could you share the method here? I'm kinda interested too.
Took my older pc with WinXP x86, installed PCSX2 and now everything works like it should. :? Umod still crashes the emulator but Texmod and Ninjaripper work like a charm.
The annoying part though is that they flip the blue and red channels thus leading to have to manually fix 300+ textures, unless there's a simpler way...

EDIT: Released
Nix56
ultra-n00b

Post by Nix56 »

this might be a year old but can someone give me a link to the crimson devils car model file from import tuner challenge?
REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU »

Nix56 wrote:this might be a year old but can someone give me a link to the crimson devils car model file from import tuner challenge?
We will if we can, but the tools to get the models are not released (yet?). Blackracer was the guy who made the tool. Said he'll release it soon when it's finished, but i never heard from him since.
Machinedramon
advanced

Post by Machinedramon »

shakotay2 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:37 am 00000538_dat_.JPG
(unsure about uvs start address)
Hey there shako! been using some of the files of this game to understand more simple structures, and so far worked for traffic cars and engine models, now i have a question, the cars for the player cars might be stored in the xmd files, from which i dont even seem to find face indices, kinda lost there....here a file for demostration... if anyone could be so kind to help in that regard would be much apreciated.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ij5jvacs ... e.xmd/file

JohnHudeski
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JohnHudeski »

I am really confused. Why is this not yet a finished project?
I gave Blackracer a lot of time and i posted the code i had.
Where you all just waiting or wasnt it a group project?
I dont understand
AMG
advanced

Post by AMG »

JohnHudeski wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:51 pm I am really confused. Why is this not yet a finished project?
I gave Blackracer a lot of time and i posted the code i had.
Where you all just waiting or wasnt it a group project?
I dont understand
If I recall correctly, Blackracer doesn't have the skills to properly finalize this. He can only work on cars, but not the map, this is what he said.
Machinedramon
advanced

Post by Machinedramon »

Blackracer just dissapeared and gave away a non working tool XDDD and no, he was kinda alone on his side of the project, me working with srp guys
JohnHudeski
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JohnHudeski »

Ok. I have the ISO somewhere
Tell me what exactly is remaining.
What doesnt work
TonySSS
ultra-n00b

Post by TonySSS »

JohnHudeski wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:08 pm Ok. I have the ISO somewhere
What doesnt work
Yeah hope you would fix his tool he made so that I could convert all of the obscure cars of that game which I happen to have inside my 360 RGH to Assetto Corsa :D
Machinedramon
advanced

Post by Machinedramon »

JohnHudeski wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:08 pm Ok. I have the ISO somewhere
What doesnt work
There have been multiple development lines, we have investigated the files, we have already batch extracted the course files for the whole map and parking areas, also kind of having understood a bit of how the cars work, our main problem so far has been both that we dont seem to link UVs properly and the BMS script does some mishaps on the unpacking... I would like to invite you to our srp itc research team to check all what we have done so far, we have a github repository with c code for a custom extraction(to solve tri strips problem) but we havent yet managed to implement it compile it or make it work, also some ideas for python script, even a pseudocode, further more qe can provide the files, we have both a library of the .dat files for cars and the .sdb for tracks, tracks also have been extracted to raw data .obj, we would also like to understand how to deal with ucl, we plan to unpack other txr games from genki, specially the ones from ps2 with another locations and rework both cars and tracks. If you you like to join check our progress and ideas, hit me up om discord at srp, Takkukun and Trawa should also help you if you cant find me, we would be very thankfull for your help!
Last edited by Machinedramon on Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnHudeski
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JohnHudeski »

How many of you here can actually program? I did not use BMS for my extraction
also How did you figure out what texture matches what models
Machinedramon
advanced

Post by Machinedramon »

JohnHudeski wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:31 pm How many of you here can actually program? I did not use BMS for my extraction
also How did you figure out what texture matches what models
we have one programer on C, one for Javascript, and i kind of understand a bit python, but being honest, we are rather new to it and not really what you would call very helpfull, with textures here comes one of the problems, we know that textures are stored in xpr, in cars... we dont fully understand but we can check in xenia with intel GPA for the correct textures on each material, for tracks there is something peculiar going on, most of the sdb are more like a package, those packages might contain the texture inside depending whether it is stand alone; that means, things like roads, lamps and so on, as are the same all across the whole map, use comon textures that are stored separately, but buildings, or signs, have the textures stored in the sdb file, at least, thats what i have understood so far, we are actually working with csplit to split the textures from sdb files while trying to keep the naming to know exactly to which file it does belong to