Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Detroit Become Human tools (PC, PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Bladers
veteran

Re: Detroit Become Human tools

Post by Bladers »

kotn3l wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:14 pm

The pics look really great! Which software/renderer did you use?
And yes, those yellow-colored textures are the only problems I'm having now.
Unreal engine 4.

Maybe @chachachat can explain about the yellow colored textures.
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

Bladers wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:17 pm But still haven't figured out how to fix textures and normal maps that are yellow/orange and just plain discolored
kotn3l wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:14 pm And yes, those yellow-colored textures are the only problems I'm having now.
Which texture maps are you talking about? (yellow/orange)
Show an example
kotn3l
veteran

Post by kotn3l »

TSelman61X wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:08 pm
Bladers wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:17 pm But still haven't figured out how to fix textures and normal maps that are yellow/orange and just plain discolored
kotn3l wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:14 pm And yes, those yellow-colored textures are the only problems I'm having now.
Which texture maps are you talking about? (yellow/orange)
Show an example

The upper one is an original, damaged hand texture of Connor/RK900. The bottom one is the original hand texture I recolored a bit cause it looked yellowish too (although not as yellow as the damaged hand one.)
lolwatt
veteran

Post by lolwatt »

kotn3l wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:28 pm Image

The upper one is an original, damaged hand texture of Connor/RK900. The bottom one is the original hand texture I recolored a bit cause it looked yellowish too (although not as yellow as the damaged hand one.)
Can you share this or similar dds with us? :-P
I could try to have a look and guess some things.
kotn3l
veteran

Post by kotn3l »

lolwatt wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:13 pm

Can you share this or similar dds with us? :-P
I could try to have a look and guess some things.
Here you go!
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

-I did not play the game just watched videos on the internet.

It's a normal texture. (The blue channel looks normal.)
This is a texture map of which character? (The code in the list?) If this character belongs to a dead time, it may be yellowed in this way. (So it's like decaying after death.) Or like any chemical reaction.

Or you can edit the blue channel.
Image Like this, Edit as desired
anthony78880
ultra-n00b

Post by anthony78880 »

I managed to get the animations, sounds and videos of the game.

Uncompressed segments not supported But now I have this error Someone knows how to do :)
kotn3l
veteran

Post by kotn3l »

anthony78880 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:09 pm I managed to get the animations, sounds and videos of the game.

Uncompressed segments not supported But now I have this error Someone knows how to do :)
How? :o i'm interested!
Hamers
beginner

Post by Hamers »

I dumped all of the music that isn't on the official OST and made a YouTube playlist if anyone is interested in that: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... fisY44_OHL
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Hamers wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:52 pm I dumped all of the music that isn't on the official OST and made a YouTube playlist
interesting which files did you get it from?
were they scattered across all chapters or in one place?
kotn3l
veteran

Post by kotn3l »

Hamers wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:52 pm I dumped all of the music that isn't on the official OST and made a YouTube playlist if anyone is interested in that: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... fisY44_OHL
Wow! Thank you! Can you please explain how to extract them myself? (for best possible quality)

EDIT: also, does anyone know which memory address points to the Detroit Bridge scene mesh? (the one where you can unlock the friend or hostile path with Hank)
Hamers
beginner

Post by Hamers »

Also here is Connor's most famous "28 STAB WOUNDS" quote in raw format for whoever requested it :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okSD0vqYsCY

daemon1 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:42 am interesting which files did you get it from?
were they scattered across all chapters or in one place?
kotn3l wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:12 am Wow! Thank you! Can you please explain how to extract them myself? (for best possible quality)

EDIT: also, does anyone know which memory address points to the Detroit Bridge scene mesh? (the one where you can unlock the friend or hostile path with Hank)
General stuff and some early chapters are stored in the main big files, the rest together with the chapter data in the chunk big files. All the audio for a chapter (both SFX and music, excluding dialog) are grouped together as a singular audio bank using the Audiokinetic Wwise BNK format (http://wiki.xentax.com/index.php/Wwise_ ... nk_(*.bnk)). Extraction of the individual unnamed WEM files is pretty easy after that. I converted them to plain OGG using ww2ogg.

Since they are unnamed I had to figure it all out by listening to the tracks, which was awful as you got 445 audio banks and 33000 audio files (this game is huge!). But since they are grouped by chapter listening to the biggest sized files usually gives you a quick indication which chapter this is and most of the music tracks for that chapter. Bitrate isn't the best sadly, but decent.

The game does index the banks and can address the WEM files by name as well, but I have only figured out how that works to 50% and didn't care enough to complete the research there. I was already finished making the compilation at that point lol.

If anyone wants to extract the banks for himself, ideally you have knowledge how Quantic Dream's IDM files and Data Containers work. If you do, the communicator type you are looking for is 1032 (CSNDBKDT). Since being stored in Data Containers, they might be segs compressed. Most of them aren't and the tools I write for myself automatically handle segs so I don't really know if there were any that were segs compressed lol

Otherwise the good old file scraping method should work too, just finding the file ending could sometimes be a bit tricky I guess (and you would miss any segs ones)
kotn3l
veteran

Post by kotn3l »

Hamers wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:47 am Also here is Connor's most famous "28 STAB WOUNDS" quote in raw format for whoever requested it :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okSD0vqYsCY

General stuff and some early chapters are stored in the main big files, the rest together with the chapter data in the chunk big files. All the audio for a chapter (both SFX and music, excluding dialog) are grouped together as a singular audio bank using the Audiokinetic Wwise BNK format (http://wiki.xentax.com/index.php/Wwise_ ... nk_(*.bnk)). Extraction of the individual unnamed WEM files is pretty easy after that. I converted them to plain OGG using ww2ogg.

Since they are unnamed I had to figure it all out by listening to the tracks, which was awful as you got 445 audio banks and 33000 audio files (this game is huge!). But since they are grouped by chapter listening to the biggest sized files usually gives you a quick indication which chapter this is and most of the music tracks for that chapter. Bitrate isn't the best sadly, but decent.

The game does index the banks and can address the WEM files by name as well, but I have only figured out how that works to 50% and didn't care enough to complete the research there. I was already finished making the compilation at that point lol.

If anyone wants to extract the banks for himself, ideally you have knowledge how Quantic Dream's IDM files and Data Containers work. If you do, the communicator type you are looking for is 1032 (CSNDBKDT). Since being stored in Data Containers, they might be segs compressed. Most of them aren't and the tools I write for myself automatically handle segs so I don't really know if there were any that were segs compressed lol

Otherwise the good old file scraping method should work too, just finding the file ending could sometimes be a bit tricky I guess (and you would miss any segs ones)
Thank you so much for the detailed answer! wish I could understand how to do these lol
Mariajay2015
ultra-n00b

Post by Mariajay2015 »

Do you have that song that plays when we go for the character gallery?
acl2015
ultra-n00b

Post by acl2015 »

Hi, could anyone message me a link to the game files?