Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Correct way to export Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix animations to FBX?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Devilot
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Correct way to export Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix animations to FBX?

Post by Devilot »

So, I'm following this tutorial by MirrorMan to get the Kingdom Hearts 2 animations to FBX.

Some links are broken, I can eventually resupply to the best of my ability.

When viewing them, however, I believe there are some issues with them, since sometimes they appear "frozen".
  1. You need Revelation's version of khkh_xldMii, mediafire.com/download/xym4yaa75qjvdpt/Release.7z
  • Replace the ef1Declib.dll from Release 13 with the dll from Revelation's version.
  • Then, download Noesis from richwhitehouse.com/index.php?content=inc_projects.php.
  • Then, download Revelation's special version of his KH2 plugins for Noesis at code.google.com/p/noesis-plugins-official/source/browse/trunk/revelation/kingdom_hearts_2_v2.zip and put them in Noesis's plugins folder.
  • You can view animations with khkh_xldMii by dragging a MDLX into the program (as long as it has an MSET of the same name in that folder to animate it) and export them with the ASET exporter.
  • You'll have to dig through all the MSETs until you find some that correspond to the model.
  • Once the animations are in ASET format, load Noesis and view the model you just exported the ASET for.
  • Noesis will automatically load the ASET of the same name as the MDLX you just opened if they're in the same folder.
  • With Noesis's export function, you can then export the ASET animations to a variety of other animation formats.
Can anyone help?
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Correct way to export Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix animations to FBX?

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Gosh, I'm sorry you're having problems with my tutorial. I wish I knew how to solve it, but I haven't done this in a while. I think the only links that're broken are revelation's plugins, which can now be found at https://github.com/mrpostiga/noesis-plu ... revelation .
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
Devilot
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Devilot »

No no, not a problem with your tutorial, but with the viewer - the one where you're supposed to drop the models in, thanks!

Animations are weird there, they freeze after a bit, and saving them doesn't appear to work.
Alo3
ultra-n00b

Post by Alo3 »

i was following you along the tutorial but i cant load the animations of the ASET im using Noesis 44 so i dont know if thats the reason it doesnt work also i used Release instead of Release 13 because 13 doesnt have ASET export
im using P_EX100
u know what i did wrong or missing?
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Alo3 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:30 am I was following you along the tutorial but I can't load the animations of the ASET. I'm using Noesis 44 so I don't know if that's the reason it doesn't work also I used Release instead of Release 13 because 13 doesn't have ASET export.
I'm using P_EX100.
You know what I did wrong or missing?
I'm pretty sure the Noesis version wouldn't affect ASET support, especially 4.4, since it's the latest version. The only Noesis-side problem would be if you're using the older version of the KH2 plugin, which doesn't have ASET support, instead of the latest version, which does.
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
Devilot
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Devilot »

I'm sorry, can you elaborate?
TheFutureTimeline
ultra-n00b

Post by TheFutureTimeline »

Devilot wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:11 pm No no, not a problem with your tutorial, but with the viewer - the one where you're supposed to drop the models in, thanks!

Animations are weird there, they freeze after a bit, and saving them doesn't appear to work.
Having the same issue. Has anyone found a fix?
TheFutureTimeline
ultra-n00b

Post by TheFutureTimeline »

TheFutureTimeline wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:35 am
Devilot wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:11 pm No no, not a problem with your tutorial, but with the viewer - the one where you're supposed to drop the models in, thanks!

Having the same issue. Has anyone found a fix?
It turns out the viewer itself is actually broken. I found a fixed version you can use here:
https://mega.nz/#!WNN0iaCK!SdCE5F_8qKKI ... u3DO0Pehb8

The problem I'm having now is getting noesis to export the anims alongside the model
Devilot
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Devilot »

Maybe the PC release will be helpful?
Pigeon
n00b

Post by Pigeon »

Hi. I’m trying to find a Noesis plugins in for Kh2 ps3 Version 😊

thanks