Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Toy Soldiers War Chest

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Toy Soldiers War Chest

Post by daemon1 »

Toy Soldiers War Chest model tool. The game has really weird way to remap bones, you'll need 3 files for each model to convert:

- mesh description file (.mshb)
- geometry file (.geob)
- skeleton file (sklb)

Command line to run it: ToySoldiers <mshb> <geob> [sklb]

If you don't provide a skeleton (or if the model doesn't have it) it will be exported without bones. Also I was lazy and didn't read the full buffers & submeshes descriptions, so the tool only assumes that they all go sequentially, like 0,1,2,3... . So if anything goes wrong, let me know.

Texture noesis plugin by AceWell here: viewtopic.php?p=117125#p117125

They are toy soldiers, but still can move their fingers and bend their spine & feet.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by daemon1 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Toy Soldiers War Chest

Post by daemon1 »

Vehicles are also ok. This is Cobra Rattler, and bones are all working, turbines rotate, wings modifies etc. I only need to support static models now and its done.

daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

ok tested and ready:

Must support all models from the game with UVs, bones & weigths.
sixxstreeter
ultra-n00b

Post by sixxstreeter »

can you relup the file its not working when try to download please thanks
sixxstreeter
ultra-n00b

Post by sixxstreeter »

sorry i got the download but how does it work..i open cdm and type commands are just drag drop it over ive tryed bothe ways and nothing happens?im on windows 10 so if i click the program it open cmd fast and close it..i dont know if im messing something here are not lol so a little help and what progrham do you open the models in are does it just turn it to an obj file? thanks for your help
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

sixxstreeter wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:50 pm sorry i got the download but how does it work..i open cdm and type commands are just drag drop it over ive tryed bothe ways and nothing happens?im on windows 10 so if i click the program it open cmd fast and close it..i dont know if im messing something here are not lol so a little help and what progrham do you open the models in are does it just turn it to an obj file? thanks for your help
google how to use command line
sixxstreeter
ultra-n00b

Post by sixxstreeter »

ok i look at how to run cmd and typed in c:\>program files ToySoldiers.exe then it displayed i need mshb geob sklb so then i typed in the command as you have Command line to run it: ToySoldiers <mshb> <geob> [sklb]

i tryed several ways one way not ready are somthing but heres the commands i put in

c:\>program files ToySoldiers <cobra_aa_tinroof.mshb> <cobra_aa_tinroof.0.geob> [cobra_aa_tinroof.Sklb] enter is that correct or not and can you fix this command line if it isnt using the data i have here please so i can see how the line is wrote

like say i go search open pc cmd and the go find the exe if progrham files and then it tells me i need mshb geob sklb

thanks for taking the time to help me so now i understand a bit about cmd
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

sixxstreeter wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:48 pmc:\>program files ToySoldiers <cobra_aa_tinroof.mshb> <cobra_aa_tinroof.0.geob> [cobra_aa_tinroof.Sklb]
open a cmd prompt in the location of your ToySoldiers.exe and mshb/geob/sklb files and type this:

Code: Select all

ToySoldiers cobra_aa_tinroof.mshb cobra_aa_tinroof.0.geob cobra_aa_tinroof.Sklb
:D
sixxstreeter
ultra-n00b

Post by sixxstreeter »

hey thanks acewell i know from facepunch for sw modles from battle front ..i tryed it and get errors saying not found and diffrent things if you could do me a fav pull the mods for heman and joe and cobra ill own you one..i know alot of people want tor models i know easy way to take them straight out of jedipedia i look at fp and see people still ask but its a real simple way i can exsplain it how to get any of the models from that site..if you dont know all ready..i worked on tor for along time lol why everybody worked on bf so if you could help me out i owe you a big fav
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

sixxstreeter wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:19 am.... if you could do me a fav pull the mods for heman and joe and cobra ill own you one..
no can do, i don't have the files or the game. :D
sixxstreeter wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:19 ami know alot of people want tor models i know easy way to take them straight out of jedipedia....
so do i, for almost 3 years exist my Noesis script here for jedipedia models: :D
https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15623
sixxstreeter
ultra-n00b

Post by sixxstreeter »

thanks if need i can put a package togother for files just send a pm
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

sixxstreeter wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:19 am thanks if need i can put a package togother for files just send a pm
no need, you have everything you need to extract all the things you want,
i have faith in you! :D
sixxstreeter
ultra-n00b

Post by sixxstreeter »

yea i figured out was so stupid what i was doing wrong hahaha but im ok now thanks
vanilla1
beginner

Post by vanilla1 »

Hello Acewell, could you please add a printscreen of the cmd prompt of how would the command line be inside the cmd prompt to extract the 3d models? And what format are they extracted, obj, 3ds?
I have toy soldiers war chest of fame edition of this
game, Acewell, could you tell me if I need to buy the dlc from g.i.joe so I can find the 3 files necessary for the extraction of each 3d model, or this version I have is it possible to find the files and extract without problem?
Thank you, success
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

i don't know anything about this game, i just looked at some samples.
i gave an example of what to type in cmd prompt in my post here:
https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php? ... 41#p150208
:)