Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

MX vs ATV .trn files (PC)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Timmay
ultra-n00b

MX vs ATV .trn files (PC)

Post by Timmay »

This applies to MvA and MXU. From what we can tell, .trn files are another compressed file. If we could open this file it would lead to great things with this game. It would be much appreciated if you could get a plugin working for this file :)

I cant attached a .trn file for you the file size is too big :(
if you want a copy let me know ill send u one.

Cheers

Tim. :D
GheTTo_cR
ultra-n00b

Post by GheTTo_cR »

Hey guys, I believe the .trn files have at least 3 files in there, a height map, texture map and a friction map.

Here's a file for you to look at:

http://www.taxpayer.nl/TRN_File.rar

*If a moderator reads this, could you change my name to GHeTTo_cR? I got forgot to capitolize the H there :roll:
ocr_smokngrn
VIP member
VIP member

Post by ocr_smokngrn »

THIS FILE NEEDS TO BE LEFT ALONE! will lead to nothing but stealing tracks. Why would you even want in those? Only reason would be stealing. We already have enough guys ripping stuff off. As far as I know Bruce is the only one that can do this (and only in mcm) ..but Bruce is a guy that can be trusted, Hes one of the most old school dudes in mcm community.
Last edited by ocr_smokngrn on Fri May 05, 2006 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain
Site Admin

Post by Captain »

ocr_smokngrn wrote:THIS FILE NEEDS TO BE LEFT ALONE! will lead to nothing but stealing tracks. Why would you even want in those? Only reason would be stealing. We already have enough guys ripping stuff off. I for 1 will stop releasing tracks to the public when people have the ability to steal 3 months of work and use it for themselves. Only the guys i ride online with will have my tracks. As far as I know Bruce is the only one that can do this (and only in mcm) ..but Bruce is a guy that can be trusted, Hes one of the most old school dudes in mcm community.
What the hell are you talking about?
ocr_smokngrn
VIP member
VIP member

Post by ocr_smokngrn »

pretty self explainatory what the hell im talking about.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

ocr_smokngrn wrote:pretty self explainatory what the hell im talking about.
No it's not. Don't forget that there are a lot people at this forum who haven't even heard of MX/MCM/ATV and the like. Enlighten those (including me, because I too have no idea what's the problem here).
ocr_smokngrn
VIP member
VIP member

Post by ocr_smokngrn »

Yeah.. my bad.. my message was targeted to those that are comin here for mcm/mxvsatv info. (Clint-Ghetto_cR)

i didnt think their was a problem till i got the "what the hell" comment from a mod. thought that was a little uncalled for.

The trn file stores. a few files that i feel (and i know im not the only) dont need to be opened by anyone other then the files creator. Both the displacement (height map) and the terrain textures (dont really care if people can get that out) are in that file.

the MCM community has already been through the people stealing others skins and objects and claiming them as their own ( i never had this problem since i dont make skins or objects) but i saw what it did to the people that were effected. I just dont want to see the same thing happen with the actual tracks. Many track creators have spent alot of time developing their tracks and i know that many of them dont want their tracks being peiced together in someone else's track. I think it has the chance to drive away whats left of the good content creators for the game.
Captain
Site Admin

Post by Captain »

So, you come to the XeNTaX forums, actively participate in extracting other types of files, but now that your own content gets semi-exposed, you 'feel' that people shouldn't do that. How's that for a double standard?

We're not going to give special treatment to members who have certain feelings about certain files. You don't get to decide which files are examined or not, and you certainly don't get to play police officer about it.

And just to make one thing clear: we don't condone or encourage plagiarism. There isn't much we can do about it though, so I would suggest you follow your own advice and stop exposing your content to the internet.
kevincolin
ultra-n00b

Post by kevincolin »

come on guys, dont argue. i think if an issue needs to be addressed it should be addressed in a way that can help both sides understand the issue at hand.
I think smokn was saying something that would be good for mva community, but we need to be able to explain it to the extremely helpful folks here why that is. I think smokn wasnt so worried about his own content being exposed, but anyone who has created a user map. On the other hand however, bringing up Captains side, if someone wants to ask for help on a file, whos to say that he cant have access to it. So, i feel that people should be open about what they find.
thanks for being so helpful btw guys! you guys rock!
ocr_smokngrn
VIP member
VIP member

Post by ocr_smokngrn »

Are you always a jerk Captian? Jesus dude. Can we not voice our opinions here?
Last edited by ocr_smokngrn on Fri May 05, 2006 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Darkfox »

I don't see a point in fighting over a game. O_o... This can only lead to flaming, and possibly already has.

Edit: Though if it is just a track file, then what could you do with it?
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

ocr_smokngrn wrote:Are you always a jerk Captian?
Whatever the issue, what we don't do here is calling each other names, ocr_smokngrn. Consider this a warning.

It appears that you are spilling rivality from the MCM community onto the XeNTaX board. We have nothing to do with your community, nor do we wish to take side in any feuds within that community.

People who steal stuff will always exist. They are laughed at by the world. If someone created something new, he should spread this in his community for all to see. Then all will know who it was that created it and thiefs will easily be exposed.

That said, if some one wants to know what this .TRN format is all about, we're here to see if we can help out.
ocr_smokngrn
VIP member
VIP member

Post by ocr_smokngrn »

amazing.
ocr_smokngrn
VIP member
VIP member

Post by ocr_smokngrn »

Mr.Mouse wrote:
It appears that you are spilling rivality from the MCM community onto the XeNTaX board. We have nothing to do with your community, nor do we wish to take side in any feuds within that community.
What are you even talking about?? whos fueding? Ghetto is a freind of mine
Last edited by ocr_smokngrn on Fri May 05, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Darkfox »

He's right, it's just like art and all that. I had problems with people stealing sprites from a friend of mine, but we were able to expose him and won the little conflict.