Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Mortal Kombat 11

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Straight Edge
advanced

Re: Mortal Kombat 11

Post by Straight Edge »

Is anyone finding the face meshes without their weights intact? I've tried the smd and mesh versions on the face meshes and only the weights from the head down to the neck are intact. :oops: :(
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

This game is using morphs for facial animations.
There are no weights for faces.
Straight Edge
advanced

Post by Straight Edge »

...Ouch. That presents a whole lot of extra work for model porters. :urg:

Thanks for clearing that up daeomon. Looking forward to the map extraction. :D
Crazy31139
veteran

Post by Crazy31139 »

Phanx for your hard work [roll]
I try extract kitana all suit parts, tools work perfect
Regards, Crazy31139
chaeldyo
ultra-n00b

Post by chaeldyo »

judgmentfist wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:01 pm noob extraction - drag and drop gearassets_noo_scriptassets.xxx onto mk11_model.exe, then look for the folders in my screenshot (models, statics, textures); you'll need models and textures. load the mesh.ascii into blender (you'll need the xnalara/xps plugin for this) and look for the correct textures to apply
thanks for the step by step tutorial; however there are still no folders whatsoever in the directory :(
Quizas30
ultra-n00b

Post by Quizas30 »

judgmentfist wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:01 pm noob extraction - drag and drop gearassets_noo_scriptassets.xxx onto mk11_model.exe, then look for the folders in my screenshot (models, statics, textures); you'll need models and textures. load the mesh.ascii into blender (you'll need the xnalara/xps plugin for this) and look for the correct textures to apply

in general - i'm having problems with textures, some of them export looking like this (this is shinnok's head from the bone temple, or at least it's supposed to be). please help
the only problem is the textures dont work, i try load the dds textures with photoshot plugin and still nothing
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

Quizas30 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:34 pm

in general - i'm having problems with textures, some of them export looking like this (this is shinnok's head from the bone temple, or at least it's supposed to be). please help
the only problem is the textures dont work, i try load the dds textures with photoshot plugin and still nothing
open them with noesis, and works fine,
RedXenox311
beginner

Post by RedXenox311 »

what names should I look for, for like the gear textures to import into let's say unity to put on a material to make it look like noob saibot? the colors of the images are throwing me off what I want. :/
Quizas30
ultra-n00b

Post by Quizas30 »

fil1969 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:08 pm
Quizas30 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:34 pm

open them with noesis, and works fine,

Thank you so much, i don't understand why there weird green and purple textures, but i will figure out, at least i have the face and hair textures :keke: :keke:
Murdoink
ultra-n00b

Post by Murdoink »

amazing job with the tool, daemon1
I only have one problem, some of the .xxx files I tried processing with the tool don't export any textures, for example KollectionArt1.xxx should have every concept art unlockable, looking at the KollectionArt1.export.txt file it seems it doesn't have any Texture2D files but a bunch of .BinaryBlobCompressedImage ones, is there a chance the tool can be updated to export this? if not, what would be the best way to do it without the tool?
Marcos RC
ultra-n00b

Post by Marcos RC »

Any idea if it's impossible to import a different model for the game? or create mods. I hope someone will figure out a way to do this.
RedXenox311
beginner

Post by RedXenox311 »

This is the same armor right? except for the head of course, wondering how to get it look like the image on the right. :)
Joshdraco12
ultra-n00b

Post by Joshdraco12 »

Anyone find out where any of the story content/NPCs are located?

Also is "Init_SCRIPTASSESTS.xxx" anything usable? It's a big file but can't be extracted.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Murdoink wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:56 pmis there a chance the tool can be updated to export this?
i can probably answer this, if i could see that file
Marcos RC
ultra-n00b

Post by Marcos RC »

Any chance you will work on these future tools to be able to import and export models?