Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Ocean Anamnesis Tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Star Ocean Anamnesis Tools

Post by akderebur »

alduin2000 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:31 pm Is this possible to use the SOADec tool for decompress these files?
No, but I have posted the decompression code for SLZ type 3 on zenhax : https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?p=45696#p45696

I have also modified my model and texture tools a bit to work with SO5 but there isn't anything interesting really. Models are almost identical to SOA. It seems like they used the assets from SO5 directly in SOA. So you are not missing too much in terms of character models since SOA has almost all of them I guess. I am not really interested in other stuff, so didn't check anything else.
esterTion
ultra-n00b

Post by esterTion »

akderebur wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:52 pm I have released a new version of SOADec for decrypting/decompressing the latest files. You can find it in the first post. Usage is the same. Credits to esterTion for figuring out the decryption method.
After a week off I finally have some time to look at your update.
So here are two suggestion:
1. Why not support both asset version? It is there at 0x4.
2. Guessing original path from extension might not be enough, have a list of all possible path and try every one will definitly improve the tool. (I'm not sure about AES decrypt speed, maybe only try first 16 bytes and look for "DCNE")
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

I am not really concerned about the quality of SOADec. My main tools are model/texture ones. So as long as it can decrypt the models folder it is fine :D I just added image and motions folder too for other people's convinience.

Feel free to make a tool yourself if you feel mine is not enough for your needs. I don't enjoy encryption stuff and busy working on other games atm, so I probably won't update SOADec anytime soon.
DumbFish
ultra-n00b

Post by DumbFish »

Can someone explain to me how the decompress tool works, I'm pretty new to this. I've been able to move my character files from nox to my pc (which show up as assorted .apk and .acf files) but then I get stuck. Perhaps its a stupid question, but how do I unpack these .apk files?

Edit:
Ok, so I see I'm supposed to be dragging the folder with the files in them, not just the individual files. Would this be the character folder that I copied from nox? When I drag the folder to the decompress tool nothing happens. I'm also a little curious why my files are .acf and not .asf.

Edit Edit:
Welp I'm a dummy. The .asf files where in the hi folder.
lord014
ultra-n00b

Post by lord014 »

akderebur wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:04 pm
alduin2000 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:31 pm Is this possible to use the SOADec tool for decompress these files?
No, but I have posted the decompression code for SLZ type 3 on zenhax : https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?p=45696#p45696

I have also modified my model and texture tools a bit to work with SO5 but there isn't anything interesting really. Models are almost identical to SOA. It seems like they used the assets from SO5 directly in SOA. So you are not missing too much in terms of character models since SOA has almost all of them I guess. I am not really interested in other stuff, so didn't check anything else.
Does SO5 have higher res textures?
alduin2000
ultra-n00b

Post by alduin2000 »

SO5 is a bit different from SOA.
SO5 have high poly 3D models with high res textures. Probably 2048x2048 for the characters.
But I'm totally sure that are better 3D models, because smartphone doesn't have enough gpu power to move to many polygons, SOA is low poly. SOA is SO5 Lite Edition 8D

sorry for my english
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

alduin2000 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:08 pm But I'm totally sure that are better 3D models
Like I said main characters are almost identical. I modified my SOA tool and extracted some chars. Geometry and skeleton are almost same. Even some SOA animations work with SO5 chars.

Textures are higher quality for sure. Maybe some environment/monster models too but I don't care for those. I don't see the need for SO5 tool now, also busy with other games. Maybe if there is more interest I might finish it and release it.
wansf
veteran

Post by wansf »

alduin2000 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:08 pm SO5 is a bit different from SOA.
SO5 have high poly 3D models with high res textures. Probably 2048x2048 for the characters.
But I'm totally sure that are better 3D models, because smartphone doesn't have enough gpu power to move to many polygons, SOA is low poly. SOA is SO5 Lite Edition 8D

sorry for my english
nah most of the game wtever PC or smartphone do not have high poly models because its unnecessary , they use shader and lighting to make them looks good , SOA SO5 are one of them , so do FF15 ,MHW, SEKIRO
DeathChaos
ultra-n00b

Post by DeathChaos »

I don't know if the tool creator still checks here, but worth a try!

We're attempting to dump the models and animations from SOA for the new collaboration with P5R.

The models successfully dump with load offset.

Animations are completely broken, when we load an apk file, the model just, well, I guess "explodes" would be the correct word.

And while models load correctly with load offset, Makoto Yuki's evoker (gun model) loads on origin position (and rigged 100% to Root bone), while loading it with the misaligned skeleton sort of loads it in the intended position albeit offset a bit (edit: just tested Joker, his gun model has the same problem).
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

DeathChaos wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:05 am I don't know if the tool creator still checks here
I still check the forums time to time, but I don't have the time to work on model ripping projects atm.

I am aware of both the prop misposition and animation problems. No plans to fix them on my part.
MarioSonicU
advanced

Post by MarioSonicU »

DeathChaos wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:05 am I don't know if the tool creator still checks here, but worth a try!

We're attempting to dump the models and animations from SOA for the new collaboration with P5R.

The models successfully dump with load offset.

Animations are completely broken, when we load an apk file, the model just, well, I guess "explodes" would be the correct word.

And while models load correctly with load offset, Makoto Yuki's evoker (gun model) loads on origin position (and rigged 100% to Root bone), while loading it with the misaligned skeleton sort of loads it in the intended position albeit offset a bit (edit: just tested Joker, his gun model has the same problem).
You could ask dian333, but he has'nt been on the forums since valentine's day.
tone
beginner

Post by tone »

is it still possible to run the game on nox?
GDL
veteran

Post by GDL »

tone wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:19 am is it still possible to run the game on nox?
Looks like the latest update will prevent the game from even downloading it, if you use 3rd party download tools to get the apk file it wont let you install it, I'm not aware if there are ways to circumvent that
tone
beginner

Post by tone »

GDL wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:29 pm
tone wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:19 am is it still possible to run the game on nox?
Looks like the latest update will prevent the game from even downloading it, if you use 3rd party download tools to get the apk file it wont let you install it, I'm not aware if there are ways to circumvent that
ah crap. thanks for answering
tone
beginner

Post by tone »

By the way, if we use vpn to download a game from japanese google play, do we still need an active vpn to download the game data?