Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Utter Newbie, Please Help!

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
AspieCrow
ultra-n00b

Utter Newbie, Please Help!

Post by AspieCrow »

Hi guys!

So, as you can probably tell from the subject, I'm a complete and utter newbie at this whole thing, but I'm hoping to learn how to extract models and the like! Currently, I have Blender and XNALara.

My question is: is there a good "getting started" tutorial I could find to learn the basics of ripping models and importing and whatnot?

Thanks very much! I hope I've posted this in the right place and I'm not being too annoying!
AxelNoir
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Utter Newbie, Please Help!

Post by AxelNoir »

You could probably start by looking at id-daemon's projects and using Ninja Ripper/3DX Ripper.
AspieCrow
ultra-n00b

Post by AspieCrow »

Thank you!
AxelNoir
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by AxelNoir »

You're welcome.
justshopatkmart43
advanced

Post by justshopatkmart43 »

Ninjaripper will help you get rip model quick and easy. I recommend you learn hex2obj, or Modelresearcher. Hex2obj took me a few days to wrap my head around, and that's coming from a noob. Of course there are tools like Quickbms, Max, Blender, and Noesis with plenty of premade scripts. If you want to have even more control, then you need to use a bit of programming, good luck
AspieCrow
ultra-n00b

Post by AspieCrow »

Thanks so much! You've both been a big help!
Ar7579009
n00b

Post by Ar7579009 »

Jaydenthetank wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:41 am Ninjaripper will help you get rip model quick and easy. I recommend you learn hex2obj, or Modelresearcher. Hex2obj took me a few days to wrap my head around, and that's coming from a noob. Of course there are tools like Quickbms, Max, Blender, and Noesis with plenty of premade scripts. If you want to have even more control, then you need to use a bit of programming, good luck
hello jaydenthetank i found you on avengers playground topic and trying to ask you about 3d models.
if you pm me startaddr and counts of thor, captain marvel, blackwidow and hulk. this will be very kind and will help me to make an last tribute animation to our original 6 Avengers.